RIP STALKER

EuroGamer.net said:
UPDATE 1: GSC has deleted its Twitter denial of Stalker 2's cancellation.

ORIGINAL STORY: GSC Game World has denied a Ukrainian news report that claims Stalker 2 has been cancelled and the developer shut down.

sort of jumping the gun here aren't you? GSC denied the news report. them deleting their Twitter denial is not confirmation the news report is true.

i freaking love the STALKER series. right now my only concern is how STALKER 2 will pan out considering it's going multi-platform.

If that story ends up holding I'll say what I said in the news thread: A little part of me died inside.

Hopefully this is some kind of sick joke...but its probably not. *sigh*

One of the best PC games I've ever played, so I certainly hope that development on STALKER 2 continues, and with the same ambition and integrity as with the first games.

SCS_Guitar_Loner.png

i really hope they can find someone to pick up on stalker 2.. i loved stalker (one of the PC gems)

With any luck, Activision or Epic will snap it up and incorporate it into a Ukrainian-themed CoD or Gears of War game.

All that wide-open exploring and excellent mod support with no DLC was really annoying. Would be nice if they would just produce a more streamlined game. Sometimes it was confusing figuring out what to do next, because you had this "log" that had more than one thing in it. I wish I just had someone with a marker that said "follow" over their head so I knew where to go.

Also the enemies are hard to kill, too. Where are my teammates? Why aren't they shooting guys? I literally have to shoot everything myself, then if I'm lucky enough to survive, I need to cover for a while to get my heath back.

Speaking of which, your health doesn't go up when you're not doing anything. In fact, sometimes it even goes down while you're waiting after being shot. Who thought that would be a fun game mechanic? Now I have to go hunt down bandages and medkits. Would have saved time just to let me heal on my own.

With any luck, Activision or Epic will snap it up and incorporate it into a Ukrainian-themed CoD or Gears of War game.

All that wide-open exploring and excellent mod support with no DLC was really annoying. Would be nice if they would just produce a more streamlined game. Sometimes it was confusing figuring out what to do next, because you had this "log" that had more than one thing in it. I wish I just had someone with a marker that said "follow" over their head so I knew where to go.

Also the enemies are hard to kill, too. Where are my teammates? Why aren't they shooting guys? I literally have to shoot everything myself, then if I'm lucky enough to survive, I need to cover for a while to get my heath back.

Speaking of which, your health doesn't go up when you're not doing anything. In fact, sometimes it even goes down while you're waiting after being shot. Who thought that would be a fun game mechanic? Now I have to go hunt down bandages and medkits. Would have saved time just to let me heal on my own.

SHUT UP YOU JINX!!!!!

...Has anyone else been in mourning literally all day because of this?

they also weren't happy with how development on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 was going so that probably contributed to it as well

...Has anyone else been in mourning literally all day because of this?

Unless painting my windows black and not leaving the house without wearing my homemade SEVA suit counts as "mourning", then no, I think I'm taking it rather well.

Fatty wants them to make Stalker just another generic mainstream, forgettable title with the suggestions he posted.:(

Strange that STALKER was in limbo for like 7 years or whatever, and S2 gets it's plug pulled like this.

Nice sarcasm,there. The sad part is there are so many console zombies out there who actually think that way. They're totally unaware a masterpiece like Shadow of Chernobyl even exists,but will blow their cash on turkeys like Rage or the umpteenth COD clone.

Nice sarcasm,there. The sad part is there are so many console zombies out there who actually think that way. They're totally unaware a masterpiece like Shadow of Chernobyl even exists,but will blow their cash on turkeys like Rage or the umpteenth COD clone.

Precisely.

This is a gaming tragedy all the way. Anyone that care about high quality games should be in a state of sickened mourning and anger right now.

Wow, not something I wanted to hear at the start of my day. It almost makes you feel like you lost someone you knew.... This is sad news indeed. We have lost one of the last bastions of true PC gaming.

"Black raven black raven, circling the grave".

May be some rich investor will buy out STALKER development team and will contine the development? I hope for the miracle to happen!!!!

If you ask me what was the best game I played in my life I would say HL1, Battlefield 2142 and Stalker.

win

in stalker your health does heal on your own. just the artifacts boost it. and if you are bleeding your health continues to drop until you stop bleeding. it is not realistic, but less bullshit than the rapid regenerating health you see in typical games today.

in stalker your health does heal on your own. just the artifacts boost it. and if you are bleeding your health continues to drop until you stop bleeding. it is not realistic, but less bullshit than the rapid regenerating health you see in typical games today.

Edit: Nvm.

I played Stalker Complete so I'm not if healing was affected but on my play through regeneration was so weak as to be a waste of time. Sorta realistic actually. Cut might heal on it's own but youd be silly not to use a bandaid.

To be honest, I had a, "wait and see, but not hopeful", feeling about this game the moment I heard it was going to be multiplatform. The Stalker series is just not the sort of games that would appeal to the the mass console market. Not without dumbing down the game play anyway.

It will still sadden me if the dev really is shutting the doors and canceling it though.

Theres Modern warfare, Classic warfare, scifi etc and then you have Stalker which has a truly unique story and gameplay. I can not bring myself to compare Stalker to anything else.

I just want to find out WHY this is happening.

I hope a good dev picks up STALKER 2.

either way it looks like we weren't going to see S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 in 2012 as the lead guy at GSC stated that he was unhappy with the development of the game...it doesn't seem like they were anywhere near completion for a game that was set for release in 2012

Ever hear of better late then never?

I read some weird stuff about the police and government somehow being involved in the development? I dunno info is pretty piecemeal and hard to come by right now....

dude

I am pretty sure he was being sarcastic

Ever hear of better late then never?

I read some weird stuff about the police and government somehow being involved in the development? I dunno info is pretty piecemeal and hard to come by right now....

From what I've heard the government there suffers from corruption,and tries to get their hands in the wallets of any successful businesses.
Here's some wild speculation for you - the greedy local politicians wanted to step in and take control of the company to milk it for cash,so the owner closed shop,perhaps to resurrect GSC elsewhere.

Last edited:
Back