Rift sensor location

Hagrid

[H]F Junkie
I got my replacement sensor in today along with a usb 3.0 powered cord. I have 2 sensors in front and I put the 3rd directly behind me on the wall instead of to the side. I think it tracks much better when I am turned away from the front sensors. The side back position seemed to have a dead spot when getting near the boundary. That went away when I did the inverted triangle position. I will test it in some games and especially paintball. :)

Has anybody tried it in a different way than the suggested directions?

If you place the rear sensor directly behind you, its limited horizontal FOV will prevent it from being useful for "seeing" anything to its left or right. People have expiremented with this on Reddit's /r/oculus and it is indeed better to keep the sensors in the corners of the room facing in, and as close to 8' away the floor as you can get.

I have all three sensors in a corner of the room, a few inches from the ceiling and upside-down angled 45 degrees towards the floor, facing towards the center of the 11'x11' space. I have no issues with occlusion unless I bring a Touch controller within ~1' of the corner without a sensor from chest height down (so it's occluded from each opposite corner by my body.)

If you place the rear sensor directly behind you, its limited horizontal FOV will prevent it from being useful for "seeing" anything to its left or right. People have expiremented with this on Reddit's /r/oculus and it is indeed better to keep the sensors in the corners of the room facing in, and as close to 8' away the floor as you can get.

I have all three sensors in a corner of the room, a few inches from the ceiling and upside-down angled 45 degrees towards the floor, facing towards the center of the 11'x11' space. I have no issues with occlusion unless I bring a Touch controller within ~1' of the corner without a sensor from chest height down (so it's occluded from each opposite corner by my body.)
I have my front sensors far apart for that. It works pretty awesome. I am going to keep this configuration.

Glad to hear your setup is running well. The more of us buying VR apps Rift and Vive owners alike the better off we're all going to be. Now go get Dead Effect 2 so I have more people to play with when multiplayer comes out. :)

Back