Rift: Planes of Telara... looking good! (MMORPG)

Again, thanks. I'm assuming that's when you have to agree with the EULA, when they send you the link for the download, because just applying the key to my account didn't require me to do that yet.

So, since the VIP key is applied to my account now, I guess I just have to wait for the email. Hopefully it works out smoothly.

Check your Trion account now and then and sometimes you'll find it's been updated and flagged for the beta long before you get the email.

If so, just accept the EULA and then download right from the same page.

kinda bummed out haven't got mine yet :(

Me either, but don't sweat it, there's still 4 days until the beta.

You can also keep checking your Trion account as sometimes it will get flagged before the email gets sent.

Guys they said its going to take sometime. They also stated that all Beta invites will be sent out by the end of the weekend. You will get yours

Here's another key for Beta access. It can be used by up to 25 people.

Y6LR-KT3E-YK9C-7Q3K-H3F7

To Apply the VIP Code:

1. Go to https://account.RIFTgame.com to login or create a new account.
2. Click "Apply Code" on the left-hand navigation bar and enter your VIP key.
3. You're done! You will automatically be invited into the remaining beta events.

I wonder if the game is still running DX9 or did they give it any DX10 or 11 support yet. I hate DX9 the graphics look like shit

Here's another code that can be used 25 times, grabbed it from my newsletter subscription, feel free to use it, I'm not handing it out manually so first come first served I'm afraid. If you try the key and it fails please let me know and I'll remove it.

93RE-3YDE-CJ37-JGZK-MDDZ

To Apply the VIP Code:

• Go to https://account.RIFTgame.com to login or create a new account.
  • Click "Apply Code" on the left-hand navigation bar and enter your VIP key.
  • You're done! You will automatically be invited into the remaining beta events.

Ah well super sampling can always be forced through the drivers, people dont tend to do it because it runs so damn slowly.

just got my beta key. realy looking forward to this. will most likely buy it now. sooo much better than WOW so far imo.

I am excited about this game, and have preordered, but I must say my enthusiasm is tempered by factors that will ultimately limit my enjoyment. The crafting system is terrible, which is a major point for me. Instead of a fully developed sphere of gameplay, crafting is a simplistic wow style crap fest. Also, I hate PvP battlegrounds. The concept is beyond retarded to me. I am crafting one second, and then suddenly I am ported to some magical place where I fight a meaningless battle that has no impact on the supposed "conflict" that is raging in the world, and then am back at the forge minutes later, albeit with some snappy PvP points. Give me real quality openworld pvp with objectives and keeps and relics like DAOC, where there are contested open world zones with quests and risks and rewards. Make me care about PvP. If it had a Vanguard style crafting system (God how I loved that system), and a DAoC style PvP, I would be in love.

look mate, the crafting system has worked wonders on WOW otherwise how teh fuck is it still being played by millions?

Got a vip key from some local site, downloading the client now. Interesting to see what it's like compared to WoW.

Here's another vip beta key if anyone needs it: NMZZ-PZXC-63WT-NXW2-DRJW

There's a good business model.
Rip directly from the #1 game in your genre = Profit.
:rolleyes:

yup. if you wanna be the new number 1 u have to do what the pesent number 1 does and better

its teh same rule that applies to basically anything in life. if millions where happy with it why change it? when the likes of AOC tried to do shit differently you lot complained and moaned and eventually stuck with WOW again so why bother?

I noticed that the collectors edition comes with a bag that increases your main slot to 24 items. What is the standard size? and can this slot be upgraded through ingame means?

I noticed that the collectors edition comes with a bag that increases your main slot to 24 items. What is the standard size? and can this slot be upgraded through ingame means?

Your starting backpack is a 12 slot. You get 5 spots to put bags in, of which your starting backpack takes 1 spot.

You can get more bags that vary from 4-24 in game (only seen up to 16 slot myself).

They aren't cheap for a newbie, so that 24 slot bag is a really nice bonus early on.

thanks to all that has provided the vip beta keys :D

At this point they've opened the flood gates to let people in, which is a good thing so all of you can finally decide if you want to buy the game when it hits retail.

As I've said, it may not be anything drastically new, but the mix of stuff from other games works really well I think.

Welcome to Telara!

This game can't release quick enough. I'm salivating just thinking about playing in the next beta on the 25th.

So now that AA is in, I figured I'd grab some shots for comparison.

No AA looks like it always did, ES almost looks worse to me, 2X looks nice and 4X is just sweet, but kills my FPS by half from around 65 to 35-40. 2X only drops me about 5-10 FPS so thats likely going to be my target unless I upgrade my video cards.

So below I have from left to right, No AA, Edge Smoothing, 2X Super and 4X Super.

01_NoAA.bmp
02_EdgeSmoothing.bmp
03_2XSS.bmp
04_4XSS.bmp

So far I'm really impressed with everything I've read. Seems Trion is doing everything right. And it looks like they're going to release a highly polished and complete game.

So far I'm really impressed with everything I've read. Seems Trion is doing everything right. And it looks like they're going to release a highly polished and complete game.

The thing is, they haven't tried to promise the world to people. They've said what they plan to have when the game ships and they are holding to it almost spot on, rather than promise everything and delivering barely half of what they promised.

Kind of amazing huh? To only promise what you know you can get done by release? ;)

The thing is, they haven't tried to promise the world to people. They've said what they plan to have when the game ships and they are holding to it almost spot on, rather than promise everything and delivering barely half of what they promised.

Kind of amazing huh? To only promise what you know you can get done by release? ;)

Good sign. Looks like they learned from Failcom and Mythic.

At this point they've opened the flood gates to let people in, which is a good thing so all of you can finally decide if you want to buy the game when it hits retail.

As I've said, it may not be anything drastically new, but the mix of stuff from other games works really well I think.

Welcome to Telara!

Its as good as having a trail version which many bitched about saying how if a mmo doesnt have a trial version, its doomed

So the AA values are

Edge Detect
2x super sampling
4x super sampling

Honestly super sampling is just so performance heavy it's not really worth it, and the frame rate drop is harsh at high resolutions, 2560x1600 with 4xSSAA is about 1fps

Edge detect runs well but looks a bit pants, I hope they can get regular MSAA working at some stage.

I just entered in a VIP key i got from here (thanks bmg!) and I was wondering, is it possible to download the beta client without waiting for the official invite and without using their special installer?

I'm stuck at work right now and while they don't mind if we use the tubes a bit for our own use during lunch, I can't install any applications. I was just hoping to be able to download the client it self and take it home with me on a thumb drive or something.

Back