Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

oqvist

[H]F Junkie
Hi!

Just got this PC game. I played the original and loved it to death when it came. The facial animations was not the most impressive then and haven´t aged well but otherwise it´s like coming home...

However I encountered a strange issue as my character is spinning around clockwise as soon as I start a game?

Hi!

Just got this PC game. I played the original and loved it to death when it came. The facial animations was not the most impressive then and haven´t aged well but otherwise it´s like coming home...

However I encountered a strange issue as my character is spinning around clockwise as soon as I start a game?

do you have a joystick or gamepad plugged in your PC? try removing them

Was about to say no but then realized my pedals was still hooked up... In and running now the memories...

Starbreeze fps games are truly unique :)

I would settle for more Starbreeze fps games!
Though the chronicles of Riddick should be plenty of inspiration you would think.

But I enjoyed the Darkness as well despite being flawed in many ways. I suppose it´s the feel of freedom, sense of place that more reminds of better rpgs then fps games and at many times brilliant story telling that make SB fps stand out.

But I enjoyed the Darkness as well despite being flawed in many ways. I suppose it´s the feel of freedom, sense of place that more reminds of better rpgs then fps games and at many times brilliant story telling that make SB fps stand out.

I wish this would get a nice port to the PC. This was an excellent game IMO.

me too, but with a less "intrusive" DRM ;) :p

EFBB doesn´t have DRM... It´s removed... I noticed that when I forget to insert the CD and it started to play anyway... In hinsight I also remembered that a patch removed the DRM for the original.

Of course I am a fanboy but the EFBB hold up very well! Starting on dark athena now... Been quite down hyped but I think it´s still very fun to sneak around trying to owning the guards riddick style as much as possible. I wish there was more talking with other inmates though. Hope there will be more of that later. I am currently got the datapad and is taking order from that uber cool dacher guy ;)

EFBB doesn´t have DRM... It´s removed... I noticed that when I forget to insert the CD and it started to play anyway... In hinsight I also remembered that a patch removed the DRM for the original.

I was talking about Dark Athena

I just beat dark athena yesterday, picked it up for like $2 on newegg the other week haha. Good game, not as good as the first (I played it a few times!), but still lots of fun.

the problem I have with both games is that I started them and stopped maybe half way... because they are boring.

The original EFBB is better IMHO & has a 64-bit native client that anyone can utilize.

I really didn't play the new version & AoDA due to the fact that quicksave is disabled (that's what I remember at least since I tried to play it). I think quick save is key due to the stealth based gameplay.

I was talking about Dark Athena

It´s the same with Dark Athena... no DRM.

crimson they are quite generous with checkpoints... Especially if you save a lot. Then you even start to get more health bars. You can tell this game is old school because I play at normal and it´s actually challenging at times!

Todays fps games are hardly challenging at hard!

60 % through Dark Athena. There is less variation then in EFBB and more loneliness and darkness but still quite enjoyable.

Sometimes they remove the DRM with a patch. It´s mainly to stop the first wave of piracy since the first weeks are crucial for game sales. Maybe it has DRM but it´s not locked to the DVD anyway which is the best type of DRM.

Finished Dark Athena now. No it´s not quite as good. Also for some odd reason I never found Gabril so I never got to play with that sniper rifle. As for Revas is she in the fims or anything? I never understood what relationship she had to riddick. I will go through the extra content later on see what I find out.

Is there a cheat to unlock all extras? I missed a lot of smokes in EFBB due to not backtracking early enough :(

btw did anyone have a problems with the AI???

I thought it was bloody brilliant. Smart enough trying to avoid close combat with riddick but they also could rush you when it was their only option when you where camping waiting for them. Generally the active controlled drones or guards of course. But then I read a review at IGN mentioning it´s terrible???
Good at taking cover and protecting themself when the sneak approach failed.

DRM issue is way overblown with this title. I had no problems. And the game is so cheap now, frankly, who cares?

You want to see over the top DRM go fire up a recent Ubisoft title.

On sale at GOG for 6 bucks. Worth a play? Played Butcher Bay way back; it came free with a video card if I recall.

Very much so. It's even more worth it since the GoG version is DRM free. I'm actually tempted to pick up a GoG copy even though I own a physical one.

It was ok, the gameplay mechanics when shooting felt a little cheap. I liked the stealth and graphics though. And the voice acting was good.

On sale at GOG for 6 bucks. Worth a play? Played Butcher Bay way back; it came free with a video card if I recall.

Not as good as Butcher Bay, but definitely worth more than $6.

Hell yeah it's worth $6. Especially since it comes with a remastered Butcher Bay on the Athena engine. EFBB is one of my favorite FPS's of the last decade. It's short, but I replayed it probably 4 or 5 times now. Dark Athena isn't quite as good, but it's still fun.

Lol, some remnant of Tages is leftover in the gog install and gave MSE fits (specifically a dvm.dll). Working on the gog forums for a fix.

GG guys.

Back