“Rick and Morty” Returns May 3rd

Season 4 was like 5 extremely boring episodes. First one was OK at best.

I know they still got it but probably don't care as much as they used to. Man, it was boring

I enjoy the show, but this delay on episodes starts to get old. It's almost like the creators enjoy messing with their fans constantly.

Season 4 was like 5 extremely boring episodes.

As with most shows there’s been a turnover in writers, and the newer writers don’t seem to be as good as the old ones.

Season 4 was like 5 extremely boring episodes. First one was OK at best.
I thought claw and hoarder was pretty good as well, but mostly I just didn't like that it takes so long to get a season out, and then I was really hoping for 10 episodes for that season.

I was really hoping for 10 episodes for that season.

As far as I know, we are--but like so many other shows nowadays, we're getting it in two separate halves.

If I can engage in "you kids get off my lawn" mode for a moment, I'm not too impressed with modern shows that can barely manage to eke out 10-16 episodes a season, when they used to be able to manage 26-30+ a year.

As far as I know, we are--but like so many other shows nowadays, we're getting it in two separate halves.

If I can engage in "you kids get off my lawn" mode for a moment, I'm not too impressed with modern shows that can barely manage to eke out 10-16 episodes a season, when they used to be able to manage 26-30+ a year.

I hate that , 10 episodes per year/season is the norm for TV these days and you cant push enough story with such a number.
i get that with sci-fi etc. shows there is a massive post-production work to do on a level equivalent to cinema 10 years ago in terms of special effects.
i also hate that lots of shows do 'seasonal story arc' instead of episodic stories.

Well at least it is coming out quicker than the venture brothers does. They only seem to get a season out every 2 to 3 years or so. Starting back in 2003, they only have 7 seasons out so far....

Still better than UK shows with 3-4 episodes / 3 years.

I think the ideal is somewhere between 13-16, that's when quantity doesn't get in the way of quality.

Back