Rich Tate wants to know....

Hey, I just had an idea, you could do a PSA for people, letting them know that it's cheaper to heat a room with boxen folding than the high cost of heating oil and nat. gas that they'll need :D

p[H]ant0m said:
Hey, I just had an idea, you could do a PSA for people, letting them know that it's cheaper to heat a room with boxen folding than the high cost of heating oil and nat. gas that they'll need :D

I know that you said that in jest, but that is not a bad idea.

AtomicMoose said:
I know that you said that in jest, but that is not a bad idea.

Actually I didn't, my wife and I talked about it last night, moving a few PC's to the rooms we spend the most time in. Last year we just shut the vent to the PC room, but this year we've been talking about moving like my gaming rig and UD rig to the living room since they generate the most heat, and her and my spare Folding only rig to the bed room just to keep the chill out.

If anything they make decent space heaters, and in a cooler room the OC's go that much higher. :D

p[H]ant0m said:
Actually I didn't, my wife and I talked about it last night, moving a few PC's to the rooms we spend the most time in. Last year we just shut the vent to the PC room, but this year we've been talking about moving like my gaming rig and UD rig to the living room since they generate the most heat, and her and my spare Folding only rig to the bed room just to keep the chill out.

If anything they make decent space heaters, and in a cooler room the OC's go that much higher. :D

After things start going my way, I plan on having a boxen in my room and a boxen in my son's room just to spread them out a bit. Otherwise all the boxen will be crammed into the living room which will not work. It would actually work well with several boxen during the winter since the living room is the coldest room but I just don't have the space for it. During the summer, it's the hottest room. This is not just bad for overclocks, but it also makes the A/C run more often because it gets hotter a lot faster than the other rooms. Spread the wealth whenever possible and concentrate boxen the right areas and things will work out well.

Tell everybody we need more people to pitch in to make up for all of us who can't fold because of the hurricane(s). I lost my main machine because we headed north from Houston.

Damn it. We are gaining on the aussies and now these f'ing hurricanes. Why does God hate the [H] folders out there. :(

Shmuckety said:
Damn it. We are gaining on the aussies and now these f'ing hurricanes. Why does God hate the [H] folders out there. :(

If God was the reason these hurricanes keep hitting us, I'd go and kick him in the nuts myself. Many times. Over and over.

I think the fact that God is an omnipotent being would preclude you from being able to kick his nuts, if there are any to kick.

I get your point though. ;)

Well Rich, I think it's your weekend isn't it? Pimp the [H]-bowl, Pimp the [H]-bowl!!!! ;)

So whats the good word for this weekend?

I will be out of town so just wondering if we get a preview!

Honestly, I don't write anything until Friday night.

I usually do mods and ends, and the forum stuff then. I know I will be pimping the horde bowl, but don't have any idea what direction I'll take it.

I usually just start writing, put in the links as I go, then keep revising it until it has the right flow/amount of humor that I'm going for.

ANY SUGGESTIONS as always are welcome for this weekend. :D

KodiakStar said:
Just was wondering if you were going to do the H community idea

Refresh my memory, I feel I have forgotten, or missed something. Work has been so crazy the last two weeks, I can't keep anything straight.

i was planning on using that, but It went too off topic. If we are going to start threads about things to encourage folders, we need to keep them 100% on topic. I did touch on us being a community my last sunday I believe, but felt linking the thread was a bad idea because of the off topic ramblings. :(

Eh well the thread was more to pool together ideas for you to compile into a write-up ;)

not to link to the thread :)

Rich Tate said:
i was planning on using that, but It went too off topic. If we are going to start threads about things to encourage folders, we need to keep them 100% on topic. I did touch on us being a community my last sunday I believe, but felt linking the thread was a bad idea because of the off topic ramblings. :(

that is why I unstuck it..... :rolleyes: ;)

KodiakStar said:
Eh well the thread was more to pool together ideas for you to compile into a write-up ;)

not to link to the thread :)

I'll add it to my sub's and reread it. I'm sure I can whip something up. :)

I need some new material BADLY anyways. I have been thinking about it quite a bit this week. :)

*EDIT* This is how my brain works. Just clicked on the thread link, didn't even read, and boom, I got about a paragraph in my head.

Thanks K*!

Well if you need any specific information about the [H]bowl let me know, I think I covered it in the rules thread and such, but I'd be more than happy to give you any more details you might need.

p[H]ant0m said:
Well if you need any specific information about the [H]bowl let me know, I think I covered it in the rules thread and such, but I'd be more than happy to give you any more details you might need.

I will undoubtedly link the thread Mr. Mod :D

(EDIT: This is so great, now i can make bad mod jokes. You know like the bad news boy jokes i got when i started. *ahem* K* *cough* ;) )

Bad mod jokes... Bad news jokes....

What has this place turned into?

next thing you know you are going to start talking about killing ur mega zits with boxen or something...

Had that one subscribed just in case bro. :) I have a general idea of where I am going on Saturday, but keep those suggestions coming!

BACK FROM THE DEAD!!

Its my weekend, help a brotha out for something snappy :)

AtomicMoose said:
Do you think it would be advantageous to mention the new DC subforum?

Well I don't know if it would be...but I was going to do so anyways. ;)

I think the family style of the team is appealing to people. I personally wouldn't hesitate to trade of buy because I know I wouldn't get trolled.

How about...

"Want to help find a cure for cancer? Join the [H]orde!"

I get the impression that those who are curious enough to click the link don't have the foggiest idea what folding is. If more people had at least a vague idea, I think more would come to find out more. I'm looking forward to the weekend!

^^ I like it. Thats a great opening line.

Keep em comin!!!

FULL FOLD (pimpage) AHEAD!!

Maybe you could post a pic of that baby screaming "FOR THE [H]ORDE!!!!"? :D

Stanford recently released the 5.04beta "text only" client....

Anyone know of any recent news stories for folding/UD?

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

I'm looking for it.... haven't found it yet.........

forthehorde.jpg

edit---FOUND IT!!! :D:D:D
edit2---- I can't help but laugh every time I see that.... :D

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

Oh, man, that'll be great on the front page . . . I'm chuckling already.

If I can't convince you to fold, maybe my friend here can...

forthehorde.jpg

:D

Ok so we've got snappy opening and closing :)

A link to our Official site would be nice.

Kyle used to link directly to the guides section when he posted.

1 [H]ard Team, 2 Great Projects, 1 Common Goal..... The Cure

Webmaster: www.hardfolding.com
Lurker Extraordinaire

King_N said:
A link to our Official site would be nice.

Kyle used to link directly to the guides section when he posted.

1 [H]ard Team, 2 Great Projects, 1 Common Goal..... The Cure

Webmaster: www.hardfolding.com
Lurker Extraordinaire

I don't know if i can do that King, but I will check, and if so of course. I love the site.

Back