RIAA, MPAA DoJ Websites Under Attack?

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like websites for the RIAA, MPAA and the Department of Justice are all getting a healthy dose of vitamin DDoS right now. MPAA is up and down for me. While the DoJ and RIAA sites are completely knocked offline, the MPAA's site is kinda-sorta-trying to load but that's it. Adding insult to injury, everyone repeatedly trying to load the sites to see if they are up or not probably isn't helping either. :eek:

Now it would be even more fun is if those open backdoors in the MPAA's network that were used to 'torrent about 2 billion dollars worth of data' were also used for the DDoS.

I just love the number they throw out there in the megaupload nytimes article:

generated $175 million in income for its operators through subscription fees and advertising, while causing $500 million in damages to copyright holders.

Will we finally have our bloodless revolution?

No. Those responsible will be held and detained as terrorist while the real criminals sit in office.

Well there's also charges of money laundering, and a friend told me of e-mails promising cash rewards for people uploading specific DVDs, so maybe this one was deserved.

Still leaves a bitter, bitter taste in my mouth. From all appearances, MU was a law abiding site.

I've check the sites hundreds of times and can't seem to get them to load.

I just love the number they throw out there in the megaupload nytimes article:
Top rate journalism right there! You'd think a major outlet like the NYT would do some fact checking.

This kind of shit is why people who say bloggers aren't real journalists are idiots. The so-called "real" journalists, even at the highest levels, have zero integrity and deserve no respect.

SERIOUSLY!! Who the fuck would want that??!!!

Chris Dodd is the Chairman and CEO of the MPAA? No wonder the thing is such a god awful fucking organization. Seriously though it amuses me that the government keeps getting the "leaders" of anon and yet every attack gets stronger and stronger....

Don't get it - they complied with DMCA takedown notices.

Which is why I suspect that by the time the litigation is over, Megaupload will be back and some real serious payback will ensue. There is real doubt as to whether this takedown is going to stand up in court.

Which is why I suspect that by the time the litigation is over, Megaupload will be back and some real serious payback will ensue. There is real doubt as to whether this takedown is going to stand up in court.

According to the docs on the case, there is evidence that MU knew about, rewarded and internally used illegally uploaded material.

I'm not happy about Megaupload going down but the roving hack attacks from Anonymous and such are just begging for more attention and blowback from the government which is the last thing I would think anyone would want.

I'm not happy about Megaupload going down but the roving hack attacks from Anonymous and such are just begging for more attention and blowback from the government which is the last thing I would think anyone would want.

How much "blowback" has there really been in the past for these things, though?

How much "blowback" has there really been in the past for these things, though?

Think 16 year old kids in jail as terrorist who actually care about the American Constitution.

Let me just be a bit gory here for those that still don't get it (not you MavericK96).

Just image a 16 year old kid, lanky, wearing a black t-shirt with a picture of a band they like. That kid is now tied down to a chair in an interrogation room and is being mentally and physically tortured from people most likely double his age. Why? Because, to afford their fancy lifestyles, some business men paid their bosses money, because they make said money from people who pluck a guitar and use their mouth to make words called songs. Just sit back for a minute and let that sink in. Someone writes a song, big deal whatever, and fast forward to a child being tortured. What the fuck is wrong with this world?

Imagine if you will, for those of you with children, that your kid decides to be a bit passionate as teenagers are known to be and helps out with these DDoS attacks. Would you want the police or better yet the FBI destroy your child's future, scar them permanently, because some cocksucker makes music?

Bring the fight to them. Will somebody please think of the children?

Top rate journalism right there! You'd think a major outlet like the NYT would do some fact checking.

This kind of shit is why people who say bloggers aren't real journalists are idiots. The so-called "real" journalists, even at the highest levels, have zero integrity and deserve no respect.

They also get fuck-all resources, time and support from their editors to do any actual journalism (because news publications are businesses, so profit is more important), so more often than not the journalist can only regurgitate a media statement from the companies involved before getting told to move onto something else.

Chris Dodd is the Chairman and CEO of the MPAA? No wonder the thing is such a god awful fucking organization.

Not to mention he and his partner Barney Frank were both in charge of managing Fannie and Freddy before they went belly-up. I hold career politicians in lower esteem than intestinal parasites. At least the second kind of blood sucker is honest in that it doesn't pretend to be something beneficial while doing exactly the opposite.

--------------------

Anonymous... you are not helping anything. Really. All this does is give the politicians a "see we told you so" card. Now they can say it's just the kook pirates and hackers that oppose SOPA. This Mega Upload take down happening a day after the internet protest... you stupid hacker-wannabe idiot tools fell for it. You played right into their hands and gave them exactly what they wanted - a way to discredit the legitimate opposition by lumping us in with YOU. You couldn't see it was a bait move, you got played like a fiddle in a hoedown, and now the rest of us have to do damage control. You might as well have just signed the bill into law yourselves. How utterly amateur.

You Anonymous types really want to do some good? Here's what you can do:

1) Go to the hardware store and buy an axe.
2) Unplug your computer.
3) Chop the computer to bits with the axe.

That is the only kind of hacking that will help us because you're too damned stupid to use a computer for anything other than making a mess of things. :mad:

Anon response to the Mega takedown, I feel like watching Hackers tonight for some reason.

Not to mention he and his partner Barney Frank were both in charge of managing Fannie and Freddy before they went belly-up. I hold career politicians in lower esteem than intestinal parasites. At least the second kind of blood sucker is honest in that it doesn't pretend to be something beneficial while doing exactly the opposite.

--------------------

Anonymous... you are not helping anything. Really. All this does is give the politicians a "see we told you so" card. Now they can say it's just the kook pirates and hackers that oppose SOPA. This Mega Upload take down happening a day after the internet protest... you stupid hacker-wannabe idiot tools fell for it. You played right into their hands and gave them exactly what they wanted - a way to discredit the legitimate opposition by lumping us in with YOU. You couldn't see it was a bait move, you got played like a fiddle in a hoedown, and now the rest of us have to do damage control. You might as well have just signed the bill into law yourselves. How utterly amateur.

You Anonymous types really want to do some good? Here's what you can do:

1) Go to the hardware store and buy an axe.
2) Unplug your computer.
3) Chop the computer to bits with the axe.

That is the only kind of hacking that will help us because you're too damned stupid to use a computer for anything other than making a mess of things. :mad:
"Goddamn you hackers! Don't fight the government! You'll only make it worse! Meekly submit and obey unjust laws and everything will be better for the rest of us!"

"Goddamn you hackers! Don't fight the government! You'll only make it worse! Meekly submit and obey unjust laws and everything will be better for the rest of us!"

I am 100% in favor of any action against the US government that doesn't result in bloodshed. This is why hacktivism in its current form is one of the greatest types of protest. However the government will simply take the opportunity to once again spit in the faces of our forefathers (who were protesters and terrorist of their day).

If you don't understand protest then you are not truly an American citizen. This is how the country was founded and how all rights have been given to people. Mississippi burned and now DC seems to be next.

well, but who cares if the mpaa or riaa sites are up? does anyone ever go there anyway?

well, but who cares if the mpaa or riaa sites are up? does anyone ever go there anyway?

I dunno, but the fact that they haven't been hacked yet means whoever is handling their network security is pretty amazing. haha

You might think so, but I wouldn't. ;) The bigger the news organization the less fact checking and investigative reporting they do.

Oh of course, take what I say and twist it around to mean exactly what I did not say. I have nothing against Anonymous' sentiment. In fact, I share it. It's their gullibility that I detest in this instance. You don't solve one wrong by committing another, and you do not help a cause by handing propaganda victories to the other side. If you cannot understand this concept then I can direct you to some great deals on wood cutting tools.

Why is there doubt? The only case you can make in support of it is a conspiracy that the government planted logs on MU's servers. If you don't believe that, then read the indictment and look at the charges of racketeering, money laundering, and knowingly participating in, joking about and hiding copyright infringement.

Back