Revolutionary fix for those of us that can't seem to finish a good game!

JoeUser

2[H]4U
I just found this AWESOME fix that allows me to now actually play a game all the way through without getting distracted or losing interest for no reason.

I've named my discovery "Don't have 30 games installed at once so that you are constantly distracted, jackass".

I swear it works wonders! I always kept wondering why I couldn't play a game and stick to it...even the really good ones like Dishonored, Sleeping Dogs, Skyrim, etc. I remember as a kid I could...but then I realized it was because I usually only had one or two games I would play before selling/trading them. So from now on I will only have one single player game installed (maybe two just for a bit of difference). I will of course have my sims and MP games like BF3 and ARMA 2 installed, but those aren't story driven so they are less of a distraction.

Really hope this helps those, like me, that can't seem to get through shit these days. I know there are plenty of us here.

that's a good idea, I tell my kids that. they buy a new game before finishing the previous one. Hell I have 4 games I have yet to finish.

Unfortunately I installed that "Life outside gaming" plug in and that does affect my ability to play games ... the really annoying options are the "You have to work to earn enough money to buy games" option and the "If you don't get exercise away from your computer you get too fat and die" options ... those really seem to impact my available gaming time :D

I have heard the only way to uninstall those options is with the "Living in Parent's basement" application but that appears to be incompatible with my system :cool:

I know right! Makes SOOO much more sense when you really think about it. Awesome.

Unfortunately I installed that "Life outside gaming" plug in and that does affect my ability to play games ... the really annoying options are the "You have to work to earn enough money to buy games" option and the "If you don't get exercise away from your computer you get too fat and die" options ... those really seem to impact my available gaming time :D

I have heard the only way to uninstall those options is with the "Living in Parent's basement" application but that appears to be incompatible with my system :cool:

See I never had this problem. Granted I don't have kids and I'm currenly unemployed but I've always been intrigued by those that say they don't have the time. Especially those that aren't married or have kids.

I used to work 8 hours a day 5-6 days a week, ran 2 miles a day, eat, slept, shit, etc, etc and I've NEVER had an issue with having adequate time to game.

Let us do the math:

24 hour day - 8 hours sleep - 1 hour getting up, bathing, breakfast - 8 hours at work - 1 hour working out - 1 hour for meals (lunch and dinner) = 19 hours so 5 hours for gaming...seems about right to me. :D

Though I do live close to where I was working and all...so I probably just have more time in general than most.

Myth about not having time: Possibly confirmed!:p

8 hours of sleep seems a bit extreme don't you think:D

I was doing that for the average man...I usually get a good 6 hours before I can't sleep any longer. Hell, I've been up since 10AM yesterday...24 hours now! :eek:

Fucking forums and no job! :p

GOODNIGHT!...after just a few more posts...

Luckily I've never been a big RPG/MMO fan...so those don't ever grab me...too much running around just to level up and all that. Honestly don't understand how people do it...

Let us do the math:

24 hour day - 8 hours sleep - 1 hour getting up, bathing, breakfast - 8 hours at work - 1 hour working out - 1 hour for meals (lunch and dinner) = 19 hours so 5 hours for gaming...seems about right to me. :D

you forget, 5 hours for gaming gets further reduced when you're with your gf, playing another fun game.... That you do have to balance out with sleep somehow.

When you consider 8 hours for work , you should really think of it as 10 hours of your life. Add one hour for break, and 1 hour to get to/from work. (more for some people)

I play EVE, not exactly the same as go here kill that get XP. it's more like log off do something else come back and you're able to use something new to go here kill that.

ALL of my gaming basically stopped after getting married and having kids. I usually just fool around in them and tweak my system for no other reason than to just make shit look good.

7am i wake up, 8am go to work and at work from 9 till 5:30.

gym for 1.5hours, dinner/chilling 1-2hours and game time 2 hours. off to bed at 12am. rinse repeat

Let us do the math:

Though I do live close to where I was working and all...so I probably just have more time in general than most.

yeah, commute time, time for doing any sort of chores, Laundry, dishes etc, time for any other sort of human interaction I think you left out a few things.

I just found this AWESOME fix that allows me to now actually play a game all the way through without getting distracted or losing interest for no reason.

I've named my discovery "Don't have 30 games installed at once so that you are constantly distracted, jackass".

It's all Steam's fault. Those bastards and their sweet, seductive sales.

Ooh, and Western Digital (and other hard drive manufacturers) for making hard drive space so easy and affordable to come by.

Sounds like the real fix would be something called 'Ritalin'.... :p

The real problem is, many games I get bored of long before the end of the game. So I end up with a bunch of half-finished games because I have no real interest to play them, yet don't want to uninstall in case I decide I want to play it again.

I was doing that for the average man...I usually get a good 6 hours before I can't sleep any longer. Hell, I've been up since 10AM yesterday...24 hours now! :eek:

Fucking forums and no job! :p

GOODNIGHT!...after just a few more posts...

JoeUser, you banned? is this it?

I have over 50+ games and only two are installed on my PC right now.
I've been practicing this for a while now. I don't download a game unless I'm ready to play it.

Even with all the focus in the world, I still can't finish the library stage in SWAT 4, and until I do, I'll always be distracted by games where I know what I'm doing.

Last year I clocked 171 overtime hours and 130 service call overtime hours, plus having wife and kids kind of cuts into my gaming time.
Currently in my new system (not the one in my sig) I have FC3 (currently playing), Mech warrior online, Sleeping Dogs and the new Hitman. Any other game that I own is made to run in winXP and I probably won't ahve them installed till I get the last 2 done or get bored with them.

I usually never have more than three 3 games installed. My backlog is only 3 games right now.

I never play more than 2 games concurrently. I've stuck to that rule the moment I bought a second gaming platform.

It never fails me.

Back