REVIVE

anyone here having any luck getting REVIVE to work with the VIVE. I keep getting headtset not detected and controller issues :\

It works flawlessly here.

Here what i do.

Put all the revive files in the same directory of the game.
With SteamVR open, drag the .exe of the game to the revive.exe

PLAY.

It works flawlessly here.

Here what i do.

Put all the revive files in the same directory of the game.
With SteamVR open, drag the .exe of the game to the revive.exe

PLAY.

so copy and paste the ReviveInjector application into the "game directory" then take the .exe of game and drag it into the ReviveInjector.exe?

and does Steam VR need to be open first ?

its odd I can get Lucky's tale to turn on fine but it won't recognize my xbox controller and The Climb says "no headset" :\

so copy and paste the ReviveInjector application into the "game directory" then take the .exe of game and drag it into the ReviveInjector.exe?

and does Steam VR need to be open first ?

its odd I can get Lucky's tale to turn on fine but it won't recognize my xbox controller and The Climb says "no headset" :\

Yep, simple as that.

Luckys Tale is working fine here, xbox 360 controller also. I havent tried The Climb because of its price :(

Just a warning - looks like Occulus is starting to block Revive with DRM

Oculus Store update ties DRM to headset

So yesterday a new update for the Oculus Store dropped that puts a DRM check to make sure the Rift headset is present to launch any game sold on the Oculus Store. Since the ReVive mod never broke any DRM schemes, this effectively renders it useless for Oculus Store games and it is hard to imagine any other reason to introduce this change other than to stop this practice.

So basically, they are introducing hardware DRM on their store to make sure that their potential customer mass is half as big. When they have repeated over and over how making money from software and not head sets were their end goal, I find this to be a pretty strange business move.

Revive still works for games that only use the Oculus SDK but are bought from other stores. But in light of this, who knows for how long?

Oculus Rift DRM update has unforseen consequences.
Oculus Rift DRM update has unforseen consequences | PC Gamer

Before the security update, Revive let you play legitimately owned Oculus games on OpenVR platforms. Now you can play genuine and pirated Oculus games on OpenVR platforms. From the perspective of Revive dev LibreVR, it's not an ideal solution.

"I really didn't want to go down this path, but I feel there is no other way. This release bypasses the Oculus Platform DRM in Unreal Engine games, so the entitlement check doesn't fail because the headset isn't connected.

"I still do not support piracy—do not use this library for pirated copies."

So is anyone successfully using the new version of revive with Luckys tale?

I followed the instructions on his github and keep getting an entitlement error (no rift HMD)

awesome! thanks for the heads up.

what about the games? IIRC, I read that once a game is updated with the new SDK, it wont work anymore with the old version of Oculus home.

Or is it the oculus service that does the updating?

I managed to run Luckys tale just fine after downgrading, but Chronos and Defense Grid just gives the "entitlement check failed" :(

Back