Revised 3DS?

It would suck no doubt but if Nintendo wanted to add dual analog sticks they are going to provide a analog attach on to the current 3DS models.

They will probably do a re-design due to the top screen scratching a lot of customers are complaining about

I get the impression that if Nintendo says nothing this may indeed be true. If Nintendo refutes it then it's a good sign.

I think this rumor is awful though, the web is abuzz over it and if it's true just sounds like a really terrible idea.

It would suck no doubt but if Nintendo wanted to add dual analog sticks they are going to provide a analog attach on to the current 3DS models

Where would you put the second analogue without some major surgery on the console?

Where would you put the second analogue without some major surgery on the console?

Exactly. If it covers the face buttons it'll just be the sticks and shoulder buttons. If it doesn't cover the face buttons how the hell is it going to interface with the console? Either way it'll be a clunky afterthought. Where's the common sense here!

I'm surprised anyone didn't expect a re-released enhanced version of it. Thats what nintendo does... you never buy the first generation!

Better battery life would be my biggest concern.

Agreed! Which brings another point, was it the consumers who complained about a second analog or the publishers, or neither? I have not heard too many consumers complain about a second joystick however battery is near #1 on the wish list.

Very good question I have a few ideas how
1. Use a stick on analog stick similar to the accessory available for the IPAD and place it on the bottom right of your touchscreen.
2. Use an external analog stick which plugs into your mini USB port. You can run the device on the outer edges and place the thumb stick right below the buttons

IMO the touchscreen should work if works for IPHONE y not a DS?

Nintendo is NOT going to change the button configuation for the unit. They have never done this in the past with any hand held console....the move is a cost reducing one along with design fixes.

Other than the first gameboy, I'd be really surprised if Nintendo did it right on the first generation of a new handheld release. GBA sprung the GBA SP, the DS Phat gave way to the DS Lite/i/XL, and now the 3DS will be redone in a better way too.

Really the only one on the list that didn't change much from it's original is the DS, which just got slimmer. I think from now on, I'll just buy my portables a year or two after they launch, it just makes more sense so that the glaringly obvious flaws can be worked out.

Nintendo is NOT going to change the button configuation for the unit. They have never done this in the past with any hand held console....the move is a cost reducing one along with design fixes.

I don't know about that Wii-motion plus come into play? A add-on dual analog stick wont hurt some games will require it some wont.

I heard its going to be a 10$ add-on

Other than the first gameboy, I'd be really surprised if Nintendo did it right on the first generation of a new handheld release. GBA sprung the GBA SP, the DS Phat gave way to the DS Lite/i/XL, and now the 3DS will be redone in a better way too.

You know, I actually forgotten about all the original GBA hate. There were complaints ranging from the form factor to the dim screen. I actually remember some kid at some summer camp saying that the GBA had nothing more to offer than what his NG Pocket Color had.

The DS evolved into the DSi... Thats a pretty big difference.

Not really. It added cameras, but hardly added anything to change the gaming experience, plus you're missing atleast a half step with the lite. But to each their own I guess.

Not really. It added cameras, but hardly added anything to change the gaming experience, plus you're missing atleast a half step with the lite. But to each their own I guess.

Huh?

Tons of new features are added..

Such as DSi Ware and some other game functionality that is exclusive to DSi..

Some games like Pokemon B/W and Idol Master have some special features with it too..

You know, I actually forgotten about all the original GBA hate. There were complaints ranging from the form factor to the dim screen. I actually remember some kid at some summer camp saying that the GBA had nothing more to offer than what his NG Pocket Color had.

The original GBA deserved the flak for the lack of backlight, I remember having to angle the screen towards a light source at night to get my Mario Kart fix and still having issues from the reflection. Massive blunder by Nintendo.

Some top games.....just badly thought out hardware.

I don't know about that Wii-motion plus come into play? A add-on dual analog stick wont hurt some games will require it some wont.

I heard its going to be a 10$ add-on

re-read the quote I said hand held not home gaming console and Wii+ is an accessory that you can get in the new remote or buy for the old one......again the button configuration was NOT changed

Nintendo will change some things with the 3DS if for no other reason than the price drop. They need to bring the cost of producing the unit and the price of the unit closer together. Part of this happens just over time but Nintendo probably wishes to accelerate this.

De-emphasizing the 3D? That would be like De-emphasizing motion control with the Wii. That isn't going to happen. I do see Nintendo sticking with it through the long haul.

Adding another joystick attachment? This is 50/50, they DID add enhancements to the controls to the Wii with the motion plus but this is a portable console. I have a hard time believing anyone wants to carry around an accessory to a portable device.

Huh?

Tons of new features are added..

Such as DSi Ware and some other game functionality that is exclusive to DSi..

Some games like Pokemon B/W and Idol Master have some special features with it too..

What features? Outside of DSi ware, what exclusive and enticing features that would be considered leaps above the original DS that it warrants a comparison to the GBA to SP or the rumors of adding a joystick to the 3DS?

The latter two are huge in terms of game play. DSi Ware simply adds a store.

What features? Outside of DSi ware, what exclusive and enticing features that would be considered leaps above the original DS that it warrants a comparison to the GBA to SP or the rumors of adding a joystick to the 3DS?

The latter two are huge in terms of game play. DSi Ware simply adds a store.

Changes from the DS Lite to the DS:

1. DSi removed the GBA cart slot.
2. DSiWare Store was added
3. DSi has two cameras
4. DSi has an SD Card Slot
5. DSi has a web browser
6. DSi has a larger screen, smaller formfactor (slimmer)

In regards to hardware changes: removing the GBA slot, adding two cameras, and SD Card Slot and a larger screen while reducing the overall size -- that sounds like pretty massive hardware changes to me. It might look similar, but the DSi is very different from the DS.

Changes from the DS Lite to the DS:

1. DSi removed the GBA cart slot.
2. DSiWare Store was added
3. DSi has two cameras
4. DSi has an SD Card Slot
5. DSi has a web browser
6. DSi has a larger screen, smaller formfactor (slimmer)

In regards to hardware changes: removing the GBA slot, adding two cameras, and SD Card Slot and a larger screen while reducing the overall size -- that sounds like pretty massive hardware changes to me. It might look similar, but the DSi is very different from the DS.

But all of those are side features and don't directly affect gameplay. I stand by the original point, which was that the DSi added nothing in terms of gameplay on the games released for the DS/DSi.

But all of those are side features and don't directly affect gameplay. I stand by the original point, which was that the DSi added nothing in terms of gameplay on the games released for the DS/DSi.

Apparently US game don't have much support on it..

But Japanese game a lot of them have DSi specific support, and some of them even have QR code DLC thing...

After all the stick the PSP got 5 years ago for not having dual analogue Nintendo forget to add it on the 3ds!! There could have been so many first/third person shooters and top down shooters like the biggest selling games (cod and battlefield!) What a fuck up in that department!

here you go
391680324.jpg

If this is a serious add on the it's nailed on there will be a new 3DS soon.

Awful lay out tho, gonna be a stretch to use the right analogue and buttons if needed.

If this is a serious add on the it's nailed on there will be a new 3DS soon.

Awful lay out tho, gonna be a stretch to use the right analogue and buttons if needed.

It's not... its for Monster Hunter 3...

PeeWeePee beat me to it...

I don't know what they are thinking at Nintendo (even though for now the add-on is like Shansoft wrote, for Monster Hunter 3G). There will be a conference on the 13th which should give more insight on where this is going.

Satoru Iwata (talking to devs): Ahhh f**k it. Just do anything to make these things sell.

:(

What a fucking joke, "sales aren't up to what they were expecting." No fucking shit, you released a brand new hand held without any games. Your best two games are remakes, and the third best is port. Software sells console in the states, not fucking gimmicks. This thing was clearly rushed, of course it needs a second analog stick, no one wanted to develop anything for the PSP.

I don't really think you can make the argument that the 3DS has been a great system for Nintendo so far. Compared to previous DS systems its sold only an "ok" amount and we've still yet to see any truly great games that aren't just remakes.

I don't really think Nintendo understands how to market this system , the whole 3D function of it just didn't take the way they thought the public would accept it. I know 4 people with a 3DS and only 1 of them actually uses the 3D function , everyone else finds it destroys battery life or gives them headaches.

Nintendo doesn't seem to understand that if they just release some good original titles and not remakes the attention the system needs will pick up. Instead everyone is just kind of wondering what the fuck is going on with Nintendo?

Nintendo doesn't seem to understand that if they just release some good original titles and not remakes the attention the system needs will pick up. Instead everyone is just kind of wondering what the fuck is going on with Nintendo?

I'm 100 percent with you on that concept, they need to release quality games. The problem, and we saw this with the PSP, is that developers don't want to be held hostage to a console without a second joystick. With the second joystick, they should be able to garner quite a bit more interest in their hand held from any third party developer. Also, it's pretty clear at this point that the 3DS was rushed to the market, and unnecessarily so. Vita doesn't seem like it's ready yet, and if they would have delivered a proper piece of hardware in the next month instead of a 10 dollar add on, it would be doing better. They have a slightly larger line up of games, and who knows maybe they could have fixed the battery life issues and the terrible bevels on the sides. As for the current 3DS, people that bought them should be really upset with Nintendo.

Back