Returning Folder

SulSeeker

Gawd
I'm not sure how many people remember me, but I'm folding again for team 33. Not that I folded for any other team mind you. I just had to stop due to IRL circumstances. So far I've gotten 8 WU's done this week with more machines coming online as I have time to get them running.

Here's my farm... 1 XP-2400+ (sig), 1 X2 3600+(sig), 5 Northwood 1.7-2.0's, 1 P3-linux Box (my junk box that's always getting ripped apart for some reason.

Hopefully I'll have another 8 Northwoods and freaking ARMY of Pentium 4M 2.0 and Pentium M 1.6's notebooks folding soon.

Ah yes... one more thing.
FOR THE [H]ORDE!!!

If the nothwoods are only for folding, sell them and get a couple of core2duos. 1 machine running the smp client will yeild more point/science than 5+ northwoods.

Working on it. Craigslist has been yielding no Buyers tho. Wish 845G NB's supported C2D's :(

What boards do you have? I'm on the lookout for a couple Matx boards that are decent boards at a good price.
Taking some 2.0 cellies on emachine cases- don't want to take c2d or quads (going to mexico)

They're Compaq EVO D510 CMT's. And they're complete systems. Everything to get an OS loaded and folding. Plus no OC options make for the loose... but they shall fold.

Welcome back to the fold as it were.

and yes, I remember you.

Fold on.

Welcome back :) It's always warm in the heart to see lost [H]orde members get back home for more folding fun ;)

Damn. I've got a hell of a lead on you but it sounds like you're going to catch back up to me before too long.

welcome!

I see you pretty closely in my rear view mirror. What kinda PPD you think you can put out at full steam?

*gathers his armies*

Not sure what I can do... I have 4 more Desktops to get running before I'm just left with parts and P3 Towers (not farming those.)

Anyone know what a Pentium M 1.6 folds at?

Also, what would a Radeon GPU based card give me in Terms of PPD if I throw an AGP version in there? I assume you can run the GPU and CPU in tandem?

I'd second gwarrens suggestion about selling all that stuff and getting a core2duo system. The smp wu point values are waaay higher then the single client version and you will spend 1/10th on power bills. Even the Pentium D chips can crank out an SMP work unit within the deadline. look around on the for sale section of [H] and you might get enough for a dual core system.

I reached a milestone.

Unfortunately, My living room Circuit breaker can only hold 10 Desktop computers and 3 100watt light bulbs.

I turned on a 4th in the bathroom (same circuit) and it went boom.

Now to buy wireless NICS (or 2 8 port hubs and 50' runs of cat5) and farm out the bedrooms.

I reached a milestone.

Unfortunately, My living room Circuit breaker can only hold 10 Desktop computers and 3 100watt light bulbs.

I turned on a 4th in the bathroom (same circuit) and it went boom.

Now to buy wireless NICS (or 2 8 port hubs and 50' runs of cat5) and farm out the bedrooms.

Now, this is dedication. :cool: And it's the spirit I love to see in here.:D

Back