Return of the eBay/PayPal coupons.

Centauri

2[H]4U
10% off, up to $25: MARCH2006CAT (Valid thru March 31st)
$20 off $100+ on Tech Items: C-APR2006TECH (Valid April 16 ~ 30)

Share tales of your plunders. :cool:

Hard911 said:
it's YMMV so becareful on those code

Can you elaborate on the potential problems with the code? I dont want to buy an item because of the potential discount and not get the money off. Thanks

10% OFF works only with some accounts not all accounts, some users had reported their account does not work with that code, basically they send out that code to some accounts so I guess it worked ONLY on those accounts

How do these coupons work? What kind of items can I buy with these and from what store? Isn't ebay an auction site and has various auctions/stores that probably don't allow this coupon or am I totally wrong?

silverwolf0 said:
How do these coupons work? What kind of items can I buy with these and from what store? Isn't ebay an auction site and has various auctions/stores that probably don't allow this coupon or am I totally wrong?

You can typically only use the coupons when you pay for the auctions with PayPal.

If your going to buy an item anyway then go for it. I wouldn't buy an item just because I was getting the extra 10% off though - Just in case these don't work for you.

I wonder can you post these codes actually in your item listing in ebay, or do they not like that?

Anyway to check to see if these are valid or not before purchasing? Without 10% cant afford exhaust, with 10% can afford exhaust. And I would be in quite a predicament If I did the buy it now and the coupon didnt work.

Naldo said:
Anyway to check to see if these are valid or not before purchasing? Without 10% cant afford exhaust, with 10% can afford exhaust. And I would be in quite a predicament If I did the buy it now and the coupon didnt work.

You don't have the $25 difference? If you don't, and it is purely a cosmetic type thing, then I would urge you not to purchase.

10% off doesnt work (for me atleast), also you have the wrong code posted.

The correct code is C-MARCH2006CAT

Naldo said:
10% off doesnt work (for me atleast), also you have the wrong code posted.

The correct code is C-MARCH2006CAT

You need to have recieved the mail from ebay with these codes. itso nly for users with 60+ feedback i believe. (i have 64 so i got the mail). shoulld be in your ebay messages folder/center thingy if your eligible.

and no you cant use both at once because one is form arch and one is for april

I have 100+ feedback and I didn't get the email :(, I'd love to use them though.

whats that first one mean? theres no maximum? like the second one is up to 25 dollars does hte first one mean unlimited?

195 feed back, no email. You would think i would get one, ebay bent me over and took $100 outa my hide all ready this year in fees. Gotta love how the NEED to add .25% to their rates every year.

Woot got the email in my ebay account and not my isp's email. Needed to buy two items and two of these coupons will save me at least $35 combined (thx OP :D)

BTW, i only have 12+ feedback, and got the email anyway. Just keep checking your email within your ebay account.

I got the email, but it's tied to my personal PayPal acct., which I never use, rather than the company one, which I use all the time. I wonder if I can switch the eligible acct. since this is obviously a clerical mixup...

SJetski71 said:
Woot got the email in my ebay account and not my isp's email.

Ditto, and I NEVER check that account. Thanks again to the [H] for saving me more $$$!

Now on the prowl for some eBay item that I just can't live without...

They didn't work for me, I bought the item anyway, as it was a good deal, but this would have been icing on the cake...

I dont understand, I got the email from ebay about these codes. The problem is, the email I use for ebay is different then my paypal account(which is my wife's). It appears that the code will only work if you have the same paypal email/account as your ebay email.

Oh well it would have been nice to get 20 bucks off my purchase last night.

never got the code in my email, the posted one doesnt work for me either. :(

but yet, a colleage of mine who had his account suspected because of shill bidding on ebay got a code! wtf!?

g0dM@n said:
How do you subscribe to getting ebay/paypal coupons?

I think they get sent to selected ebay users. Might depend on your paypal activity/Ebay activity. Although like I said neither the 10% or tech discount worked for me.

Now the way I understand it is that the money you save is put into your paypal account. Am I correct? So if you buy something for 100 dollars, you still pay 100, but 20 stays in your paypal account?

From the last time I used a coupon, the seller got the full amount and paypal picked up the difference (from the coupon) The amount charged to my credit card through paypal was after the coupon was applied though. This left my paypal balance at 0

Bump

I hear paypal is still sending out the coupons, check your emails and ebay private messages.

Saved myself $16 on some FTA satellite equipment (a Coolsat 5000 receiver, $143 AC shipped). Going to pick up a second one with the next coupon in april, will save another $20 there :)

Bah, I didn't get it. I tried, but no luck. I got a good deal on RAM, so I bought it anyways.

I got this in the mail. I only have a 48 feedback. I used it purchasing a MTG: Guild Pact booster box from an ebay store and i DID get the 10% discount in case anyone still needs convincing.

Codes dont work at all on my Premier account. Ive Had my Premier account for almost 6 years. I have over 120+ feedback and didn't recieve the codes. I think these only work for personal accounts. Which sucks because you cant sell on ebay anymore with a personal account.

I have a premiere account as well. I received my code via snail mail, had NO problems using it.

New code
CPPEBAY03 for $3.47 off shipping
seems to work for most people
was meant for australian customers but works on US and CA accounts too

vibe said:
New code
hey, thanks vibe, you just saved me $3.47! i couldnt get any of the other ebay codes to work for me :( oh well at least the cppebay03 one did, thanks again vibe :)

vibe said:
New code

COOL!

thanks

Item # Item Title Qty Price Subtotal
NISSAN MAXIMA 00 - up CAR RADIO STEREO DASH INSTALL KIT 1 $6.89 USD $6.89 USD

Shipping & Handling
(includes any seller handling fees) : $8.99 USD
Shipping Insurance (optional) : --