My Win7 machine recently died which was ok because a new machine has been needed for awhile. The only problem is that I may have misplaced my key for the windows 7 install.
I purchased the windows 7 license online during a great student deal during christmas and think I may be facing a hassle trying to get it back. They offered a "backup" solution that of course I skipped 8(. I do have the original iso backup though.
I probably have it floating around somewhere but is there a app to find my keys on a non-working computer. Could I retrieve the key from the original drive mounted externally off a laptop?
I've googled a few utils that find keys but they all seem to want to run from the original working machine.
This is a 100% legitimate question involving no piracy.
Thank you for your time.
I purchased the windows 7 license online during a great student deal during christmas and think I may be facing a hassle trying to get it back. They offered a "backup" solution that of course I skipped 8(. I do have the original iso backup though.
I probably have it floating around somewhere but is there a app to find my keys on a non-working computer. Could I retrieve the key from the original drive mounted externally off a laptop?
I've googled a few utils that find keys but they all seem to want to run from the original working machine.
This is a 100% legitimate question involving no piracy.
Thank you for your time.