Retaliatory negative Heatwave feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll leave this here

Attachments

• IMG_20231107_183217.jpg
    IMG_20231107_183217.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 0
I am focusing on the diagonal scratch on the bottom left now. Both pictures are showing the same phone, just different light angles. Sorry guys, work this out and move on. We thought we were getting before shipment and after pictures, all we got was after, after pics.
He received his refund. He opened this can of worms with unwarranted negative feedback on heat.

Did you eat paint chips as a kid? I admitted that it was locked in the feedback and was a mistake. That’s the only issue here besides you passing off your kids broken phone.

Well, send a locked phone and then make up your own stories to CYA, I'm not stopping you.

I am focusing on the diagonal scratch on the bottom left now. Both pictures are showing the same phone, just different light angles. Sorry guys, work this out and move on. We thought we were getting before shipment and after pictures, all we got was after, after pics.

You're right.
A "better" light angle will show the damage even more. But I assume it won't happen. There's argument over plain to see damage as is...

For what it's worth, you can check my feedback with blackbeasst. I bought 2 of these phones a year ago and we met in person as well. Stand up guy. Phones still working to this day. Not sure what happened but this was one of the easiest purchases I have had. Dude got a refund already too according to the heatware.

If I sold something and it didn't arrive as described and issued a refund AND STILL got negative heat. I would be pissed.
Lemme know next time you’re in town and I’ll meet up with you so you can see it in person. If you agree it’s the same damage I will be more than happy to come back here and admit that I was wrong after having another board bro lay eyes on it.

Lemme know next time you’re in town and I’ll meet up with you so you can see it in person. If you agree it’s the same damage I will be more than happy to come back here and admit that I was wrong after having another board bro lay eyes on it.

No need to.

Honestly, the screen isn't cracked. Its a 5 going on 6 year old phone. Two little dinky chips and a mistake of accidentally sending a locked phone isn't a felony. If he wants flawless, buy new. He got a refund and I can't see anyone scamming over a small amount of money. This sounds like the buyer had higher cosmetic expectations and you made the mistake of sending a locked phone.

Case closed... Misunderstanding.

-RV

No need to.

Honestly, the screen isn't cracked. Its a 5 going on 6 year old phone. Two little dinky chips and a mistake of accidentally sending a locked phone isn't a felony. If he wants flawless, buy new. He got a refund and I can't see anyone scamming over a small amount of money. This sounds like the buyer had higher cosmetic expectations and you made the mistake of sending a locked phone.

Case closed... Misunderstanding.

-RV

I somewhat agree with this. My expectations were based on the for sale listing. Even with the small damage, I was ultimately willing to accept a difference of opinions and move on. The locked phone was the deal breaker.

I think neutral (not negative) feedback would have been appropriate here, and both sides should change correspondingly.

The seller owned up to his mistake and provided a refund along with return shipping costs. Mistakes happen, we're humans.

The buyer had unrealistic expectations of being provided a refund prior to return shipping, which I see to be the crux of the negative feedback he received. I'm assuming in the end he sent back the phone prior to receiving the refund since the refund did eventually happen. However, I can see why he would ask for a refund first because Paypal F&F has no protections.

IMO nobody is faultless here but negative feedback might be a little too severe for this situation. I would recommend both parties changing the feedback to neutral and the seller should remove the bit accusing the buyer of being a scammer as the resolution to this. And also a lesson that paying the G&S fee is sometimes worth the peace of mind.

Typically if a refund is issued, that nullifies the transaction and no feedback should be left but there’s so much back and forth here with unsubstantial proof that it’s nearly impossible to determine the truth. I would suggest trying to work together towards an amicable resolution in regards to the transaction and heatware evaluations. The admin on heat can review and make a call from there.

Why don't both of yall just change your neg. to a positive and exchange your brother's numbers and call it good. It was a neutral feedback at worst IMO.

In my opinion, blackbeasst is so deep into this "switch-a-roo" fabrication, there's no coming back from it now for him.

In my opinion, blackbeasst is so deep into this "switch-a-roo" fabrication, there's no coming back from it now for him.
If you can't quit being so antagonistic, both of you are going to have to live with the negative feedback. His negative response was reasonable based on how little it took for you to post a negative on him. IMO the only thing he took too far was accusing you of being a scammer, he should have just stuck to the facts.

Essentially it comes down to you posting a negative because a genuine mistake and a difference in opinion "wasted your time and money." The money part isn't true because the seller refunded you in full plus return shipping. The time part and difference in opinion are expected as a normal part of buying and selling used.

You started it with the negative feedback, which IMO should only be reserved for money/goods stolen or things taking unreasonably long to resolve. You are the one that should take the first step towards a reconciliation, not antagonize the seller further.

If you can't quit being so antagonistic, both of you are going to have to live with the negative feedback. His negative response was reasonable based on how little it took for you to post a negative on him. IMO the only thing he took too far was accusing you of being a scammer, he should have just stuck to the facts.

Essentially it comes down to you posting a negative because a genuine mistake and a difference in opinion "wasted your time and money." The money part isn't true because the seller refunded you in full plus return shipping. The time part and difference in opinion are expected as a normal part of buying and selling used.

You started it with the negative feedback, which IMO should only be reserved for money/goods stolen or things taking unreasonably long to resolve. You are the one that should take the first step towards a reconciliation, not antagonize the seller further.
Couldn't have been said any better.

You have a good take on this. I didn't think of myself being antagonistic, but rather sticking to the facts. I see how that can come off as cold or even rude. My original intention wasn't to discuss the transaction, rather retaliatory feedback in general. (Albeit not hard to find).

I've seen too many trolls and bad transactions here go undocumented because users are afraid of posting negative feedback. I thought about this for a time, whether to post what, or any feedback.

When the seller said "I also have sold thousands of dollars worth of items here with zero issues", I realized that while this may have been true, it now isn't true for the next buyer. This was a red flag for me and I realized that this transaction should be documented.

Neutral? Maybe. But when you have 2 issues come up, it seems (to me) like an oversight that should have been caught. And still, I post neutral feedback, and would likely have the same neutral feedback or worse.

If there is a resolution with a reasonable record of events that happened, I'm all ears.

You have a good take on this. I didn't think of myself being antagonistic, but rather sticking to the facts. I see how that can come off as cold or even rude. My original intention wasn't to discuss the transaction, rather retaliatory feedback in general. (Albeit not hard to find).

I've seen too many trolls and bad transactions here go undocumented because users are afraid of posting negative feedback. I thought about this for a time, whether to post what, or any feedback.

When the seller said "I also have sold thousands of dollars worth of items here with zero issues", I realized that while this may have been true, it now isn't true for the next buyer. This was a red flag for me and I realized that this transaction should be documented.

Neutral? Maybe. But when you have 2 issues come up, it seems (to me) like an oversight that should have been caught. And still, I post neutral feedback, and would likely have the same neutral feedback or worse.

If there is a resolution with a reasonable record of events that happened, I'm all ears.

Neutral is feedback where things didn't go as planned but no one was hurt with the outcome. It doesn't have as big of an impact as a negative score would, which, as I have said, should only be reserved for cases where there was financial harm or dragging things out. I would add one more scenario to it and that is where there is clear malicious intent. None of those scenarios apply here.

Neutral feedback may or may not get a response and isn't super detrimental to heatware score. Negative feedback is seen as a giant red flag and any self-respecting buyer/seller will respond to negative heatware, often in not the nicest terms because people will get emotional and defensive.

2 issues? One issue was a genuine mistake, second issue was a difference in opinion, so not really an issue at all. You are way too hung up on that.

If chips on the edges of the screen were so important to you in terms of overall condition, you as the buyer should have requested closeup pictures of all the edges prior to purchasing. Only you can determine what is acceptable to you in terms of condition. Otherwise, you accept all responsibility when you rely on the seller's judgement. Only when it is completely obvious the seller was misrepresenting the condition can you accuse the seller of lying. That is the nature of buying and selling used on the internet.

Neutral feedback all around is the reasonable record of events in this scenario whether you like it or not. Of course, I'm not a Heatware admin and cannot force you to change or delete your review. However, expect that negative on you to stay as long as you keep that negative the seller. You had a negative experience with the seller, well the seller had a negative experience with you because in his eyes you were unreasonable. The seller was posting a warning to others that you might be an unreasonable/difficult buyer to deal with.

Here’s my olive branch to you. Take it or leave it. I’ll remove your negative all together if you change yours to neutral and post the below word for word:

“Phone ended up with a little more wear than i was expecting. Seller immediately offered a refund that I declined since I was ok living with it as it was nothing major with the screen and didn’t hinder functionality in the least. Phone was also locked which seller stated was unlocked. Again he immediately offered a refund and paying for shipping back on top of purchase price. Accepted this offer as I couldn’t use the phone being locked. Sent phone back and money was refunded same day as delivery back to seller.”

Here’s my olive branch to you. Take it or leave it. I’ll remove your negative all together if you change yours to neutral and post the below word for word:

“Phone ended up with a little more wear than i was expecting. Seller immediately offered a refund that I declined since I was ok living with it as it was nothing major with the screen and didn’t hinder functionality in the least. Phone was also locked which seller stated was unlocked. Again he immediately offered a refund and paying for shipping back on top of purchase price. Accepted this offer as I couldn’t use the phone being locked. Sent phone back and money was refunded same day as delivery back to seller.”

Triolent, is what blackbeaSSt posted above in his requested neutral feedback accurate, or is he missing anything, fact wise? I am just curious, as this seems like a good way for the buyer and seller to end this.​

(Disregard any snide / rude comments from either side please)

Both sides have now spoken out in the community, so any concerned parties who may deal with either of you in the future have been "warned" so to speak.
That is really what feedback is about, a reference for future parties to reference past transactions and the parties who participated in those truncations.

I will take this.

Triolent, is what blackbeaSSt posted above in his requested neutral feedback accurate, or is he missing anything, fact wise? I am just curious, as this seems like a good way for the buyer and seller to end this.​

(Disregard any snide / rude comments from either side please)

Both sides have now spoken out in the community, so any concerned parties who may deal with either of you in the future have been "warned" so to speak.
That is really what feedback is about, a reference for future parties to reference past transactions and the parties who participated in those truncations.

I agree that this is a good way to end this, and I appreciate blackbeasst reaching out to resolve. We agreed to this resolution so I won't comment further about the details.

Your Heatware has been modified as agreed upon, I consider my end of the resolution complete.

Email sent to mods/admin to remove yours. There is no option to delete on my end. stinger608 are you able to assist to expedite this process?

I will continue the PM's on Heatware to resolve this.

May take a day or two, but will see what the admin says and does.

And, message sent.

I'm assuming that both of you wish to remove the evaluations completely?

I will continue the PM's on Heatware to resolve this.

May take a day or two, but will see what the admin says and does.

And, message sent.

I'm assuming that both of you wish to remove the evaluations completely?
Mine can stay as a neutral as agreed upon. Triolents negative needs to be deleted all together please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back