Retail E5200 CPU for $65 (free shipping)

any idea how these clock? i might bite because i want to lower my power consumption anyway i can from my e6600.

EDIT nm found some reviews. 3.3ghz stock voltage not bad.

Not even warm as this is the new price of this chip

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10145251-92.html

That article shows bulk prices - not retail prices. For example, the Jan 18 bulk price for a Q9650 is $316 (currently = Newegg $339, Fry's $529, Zipzoomfly $336), while the E7500 mentioned is $133 (Newegg $139, Zipoomfly $139).

The E5200? "New price" in your linked article = $65. Currently, at Newegg for $70, Fry's at $74, Zipzoomfly at $75.

Here's a comment from the comments section of the article:

"May not want to run to Fry's just yet... the prices quoted are likely (author didn't specify retail or wholesale) to be the per-unit price when you buy 'em in lots of 1,000 - so unless you have an HPC cluster in your basement and a powerball jackpot in your bank... you'll likely be paying a bit more."

If someone wants an E5200, currently Buy.com has one of the lowest prices (as long as they keep it with free shipping).

any idea how these clock? i might bite because i want to lower my power consumption anyway i can from my e6600.

Mine is running at 3.8Ghz with a Xigmatek S-1283 on 1.34v. Idles ~30C.

3.6GHz @ 1.31v. Idles 28C. same cooler as Kmical
I suck at oc'ing, which explains why I haven't got higher.

I ran mine at 3.6Ghz or so. Good little processor. I'll probably be in the market for one of these again soon as it had great bang for the buck.

Ya but people have said there shipping was delayed for 2 weeks or more sometimes, and no customer service. :( I may have to bite though. WIll this cpu work on my f-i90hd?

Can buy.com be trusted?

Yup, I've purchased 3 Antec PSU's, 2 video cards about half a dozen cases and some odds n ends like adapters and cables and have gotten every item in perfect condition.

Beware of thier "Free shipping" though as it is the epitome of snail mail and may take 5 - 8 days to get to you. I'd pay the few $$ extra and get 3-5 day shipping or so unless you are in no hurry.

Back