Resident Evil 8: Village

Domingo

Fully [H]
What's the deal with Mercenaries mode? I didn't touch it, but aren't there some unlockables (like the light saber) tied to it?

T4rd

Fully [H]
What's the deal with Mercenaries mode? I didn't touch it, but aren't there some unlockables (like the light saber) tied to it?
Yeah, there's a couple challenges for Mercenaries mode. One is to get all A-ranks on all the Merc levels for one weapon (can't remember which) and to get the light saber I think you have to get S-rank on all the levels. I haven't played them all but got As on the few I've unlocked so far after 3-4 attempts. It's a pretty fun mode; just waves of enemies that you have to dispense of quickly as you move through a small portion of the campaign levels and you also get some interesting power-ups (faster movement, more damage for certain weapons or headshots, combo damage multipliers, more health, etc.) to pickup as well along the way. It's def worth checking out IMO.

polonyc2

Fully [H]
the buzz for RE8 seems to have died out quick...sounds like a good game but a game that people quickly forget

T4rd

Fully [H]
the buzz for RE8 seems to have died out quick...sounds like a good game but a game that people quickly forget
Meh, only so much you can buzz about on a single player game unless there's some controversy about it like with CP or TLoU. Seems it lasted about as long as any other AAA game launch news cycle to me and got more attention than ME LE is getting so far despite that series having about as much clout IMO.

Domingo

Fully [H]

It's a single-player game that's pretty straightforward and not incredibly long or profound. There really isn't a lot to discuss beyond the different weapon types. It's a good (almost great, but maybe not quite) game, though. RE7 got two separate DLC's that were pretty significant in size/scope, so maybe this one will, too?

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Capcom E3 2021 Showcase

The publisher will deliver their showcase on June 14th and are promising news on Resident Evil Village, Monster Hunter Rise, The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, and more...

Domingo

Fully [H]
Capcom just announced that they have begun working on new DLC for RE8, but offered basically no other details. I kinda figured they would, but it's nice to get confirmation. I just hope what we get is as substantial as what they released for RE7.

polonyc2

Fully [H]
it was weird how they phrased it during their E3 presentation...their official statement was "By popular demand development has just started on additional DLC for Resident Evil Village"...you mean they didn't plan on any DLC until just recently?...did they think the game was going to be a failure or disappointment?...they're making it seem like they only started with DLC after the game sold well

Has anyone had the bug where HDR is greyed out no matter what you try and do to enable it? It worked fine for the first 2 hours. Very frustrating to say the least :(

Domingo

Fully [H]
Has anyone had the bug where HDR is greyed out no matter what you try and do to enable it? It worked fine for the first 2 hours. Very frustrating to say the least :(

That sucks. This is one of the few games that uses its own HDR trigger rather than the one built into Windows, too. You might try the Windows HDR toggle and see if that makes a difference.

djoye

2[H]4U
You sure you have fullscreen set and not any windowed mode? Might try toggling to windowed and back to fullscreen if you are already fullscreen.

You sure you have fullscreen set and not any windowed mode? Might try toggling to windowed and back to fullscreen if you are already fullscreen.
yeah fullscreen is enabled, latest drivers, etc. it seems there is no fix and it just happens on random rigs. Just my luck of the draw. smh

yeah fullscreen is enabled, latest drivers, etc. it seems there is no fix and it just happens on random rigs. Just my luck of the draw. smh
Like I said, it worked for the first 2 hours and it looked gorgeous. Now even with hdr in Windows enabled it doesn't look as good. Don't get me wrong it looks great because of my Oled, just not hdr gorgeous. I might try reinstalling the game just because I'm curious to try and find out what happened.. [H]

Update and Fixed: Well it wasn't the game afterall, it was my CX48. My fix was to change my CX48 to game mode. I originally was using Standard mode for PC. Now HDR is not greyed out in game and it looks HDR gorgeous. I hope this helps.

chameleoneel

Supreme [H]ardness
Update and Fixed: Well it wasn't the game afterall, it was my CX48. My fix was to change my CX48 to game mode. I originally was using Standard mode for PC. Now HDR is not greyed out in game and it looks HDR gorgeous. I hope this helps.
input lag will be a gigantic improvement, as well.

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Anyone experience any stuttering and have a high end PC? Looks like the issue might have been Capcom's anti tamper DRM.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/resident-evil-village-crack-completely-fixes-its-stuttering-issues/

It had both Denuvo and Capcom's in house solution and has now been cracked. Apparently the cracked version is running more smoothly with less stuttering. Wondering if anyone actually experienced the stuttering or was it just something a few PC configurations and people are blowing it out of proportion for click bait articles?

I don't mind some DRM but if it starts hurting performance you're doing something wrong.

jobert

Limp Gawd
Anyone experience any stuttering and have a high end PC? Looks like the issue might have been Capcom's anti tamper DRM.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/resident-evil-village-crack-completely-fixes-its-stuttering-issues/

It had both Denuvo and Capcom's in house solution and has now been cracked. Apparently the cracked version is running more smoothly with less stuttering. Wondering if anyone actually experienced the stuttering or was it just something a few PC configurations and people are blowing it out of proportion for click bait articles?

I don't mind some DRM but if it starts hurting performance you're doing something wrong.
The stuttering is there to some degree for everyone. I have tested the game on two setups with nearly identical results. Anyone saying the game never stutters for them are just not very sensitive to it. It is no different than the people that claim Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order never stutters yet I can reproduce it on every single system I have tried it on.

Last edited:

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
The stuttering is there to some degree for everyone. I have tested the game on two setups with nearly identical results. Anyone saying the game never stutters for them are just not very sensitive to it. It is no different than the people that claim Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order never stutters yet I can reproduce it on every single system I have tried it on.

Will be interesting to see more people compare the version with Capcom's DRM and without it.

djoye

2[H]4U
I had stutter in the demo when dealing with the swarm/sister, I took a detour to cleanup some of my game backlog so I'm not yet that far in the full game.

RTX 3090 + i7-9700K

jobert

Limp Gawd
This mod was updated and now fixes the stuttering I guess by bypassing the anti tamper code. It was posted on the Steam forums and works for all those that tried it and also I can confirm it worked for me. I tested on the first daughter that attacks and fps drops into the 30s and lots of stuttering without the mod but stayed perfectly smooth and pegged at 60 fps with it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/residentevilvillage/mods/60

jobert

Limp Gawd

At least now the real issue has been brought to light and the random people that said "it works great for me must be your pc" look pretty damn foolish. I swear I just wanted to slap the few clowns on the Steam forums claiming nothing was wrong with the game and that everyone having problems just doesn't how to setup their pc. I get so sick of that BS because every real performance issue I ever encounter has always turned out to be the game and not my pc. Every time I have an issue its easily reproducible on any another setup I try it on and is also mentioned in reviews from places like digital foundry.

Last edited:

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Apparently the cracked version has issues. Certain animations and actions won't work.

So I assume the "best version" of this game is the Steam version with the updated mod.

jobert

Limp Gawd
Apparently the cracked version has issues. Certain animations and actions won't work.

So I assume the "best version" of this game is the Steam version with the updated mod.
Sad thing is companies know they can release games that have issues and still have most user reviews be positive if the game itself is halfway good. There are plenty of games out there with hitching and stuttering and the devs know goddamn well its happening before release because there is no way their testers are that oblivious. Borderlands 3, Jedi Fallen Order, The Sinking City, The Medium., The Outer Worlds, Outlast and Observer are some games I can think of right of the top of my head that cant run perfectly smooth and will have some hitches and drops. In fact some of those games cant even hold 60 fps in spots no matter how much hardware you throw at it. FFS even the old Batman Arkham Asylum game has massive drops when walking through certain areas. And gsync nor freesync helps at all with the type of stutters I am talking about and in fact can exacerbate the issues. It does seem pretty clear that Unreal Engine is part of the issue in many of those games as very few devs can make smooth game with it. Usually the Gears of War games are smooth but I know Gears of War Ultimate as been broken for nearly 3 years now and Microsoft or the devs don't give a crap. If I could sell my Steam account I would just give up on pc gaming and keep things simple with a $400 console as I am getting too picky in my old age to want to keep spending money on expensive pc hardware and put of with issues left and right. ok rant over... :ROFLMAO:

Drexion

[H]ard|Gawd
The issue isn't Denuvo, but the way capcom's DRM interacts with it. Capcom's DRM also has insert points on some animations, causing the DRM to trigger checks everytime they are played. Some devs include their own DRM on top of Denuvo to make their exe's harder to bypass.

Mchart

Supreme [H]ardness
I finally played through Evil Within 2, and honestly, I feel it was a better game compared to RE8 across the board when you're looking at just spending a single playthrough. RE8 technically has better graphics, but I really enjoyed how much more variety of locations there are in the Evil Within series.

For actual horror, I still think RE7 was the best. RE8 didn't scare me a single time.

GOD'SlittleSERVANT

Supreme [H]ardness
I finally played through Evil Within 2, and honestly, I feel it was a better game compared to RE8 across the board when you're looking at just spending a single playthrough. RE8 technically has better graphics, but I really enjoyed how much more variety of locations there are in the Evil Within series.

For actual horror, I still think RE7 was the best. RE8 didn't scare me a single time.
Bro, whaaat? Those Lycans are scary mofos.

Aireoth

Supreme [H]ardness

Capcom has been quoted that they backed off on the suspense of RE8 so I'm not surprised.

chameleoneel

Supreme [H]ardness
Good thing is, all the bad press about this is likely to push Capcom into finally developing a patch to smooth out performance issues.

Armenius

Fully [H]
Still seeing reports of stuttering. Capcom just needs to either get rid of their own DRM or Denuvo if they don't want to completely get rid of it. And stop putting anti-cheat systems in single player only games.

polonyc2

Fully [H]
since this is an AMD sponsored game will we ever get DLSS support?...so games won't ever have both FSR and DLSS?

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
since this is an AMD sponsored game will we ever get DLSS support?...so games won't ever have both FSR and DLSS?

According to this list, some games have both:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_support_for_high-fidelity_image_upscaling

Not sure how accurate that is. Doubtful many developers will implement both. Really necessary if you want to use ray tracing. I preferred Cyberpunk with ray tracing and DLSS over no ray tracing without DLSS personally.

Mchart

Supreme [H]ardness
Won't ever happen unless we ever get some new version of DLSS that allows us to force it via the NVCP regardless of specific game support or not.

chameleoneel

Supreme [H]ardness

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Avengers and Necromunda have both. Hardware Unboxed put out a video.

looks like Avengers got FSR support a few days ago...it still seems like developers will choose one or the other but good to know its possible to have both

Krenum

Fully [H]
It would be great if Capcom could fix the FOV rather than me having to rely on 3rd party mods.

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
So I'm having an issue with this game. Noticed it happening with others every now and then, but RE8 it is constant. If I minimize a game, upon maximizing it I only get around half the frame rates. On latest Nvidia drivers. Is there some setting that I should enable in the Nvidia control panel to present this from happening?

Edit: Also seems to happen randomly when the game plays an in game cutscene. Sometimes it halves my frame rates. A restart fixes it. Was thinking it was something on my PC's end but now I am not too sure. When the game runs normally, it runs and looks great though.

Last edited: