Resident Evil 8: Village

Domingo

Fully [H]
What's the deal with Mercenaries mode? I didn't touch it, but aren't there some unlockables (like the light saber) tied to it?

T4rd

Fully [H]
What's the deal with Mercenaries mode? I didn't touch it, but aren't there some unlockables (like the light saber) tied to it?
Yeah, there's a couple challenges for Mercenaries mode. One is to get all A-ranks on all the Merc levels for one weapon (can't remember which) and to get the light saber I think you have to get S-rank on all the levels. I haven't played them all but got As on the few I've unlocked so far after 3-4 attempts. It's a pretty fun mode; just waves of enemies that you have to dispense of quickly as you move through a small portion of the campaign levels and you also get some interesting power-ups (faster movement, more damage for certain weapons or headshots, combo damage multipliers, more health, etc.) to pickup as well along the way. It's def worth checking out IMO.

polonyc2

Fully [H]
the buzz for RE8 seems to have died out quick...sounds like a good game but a game that people quickly forget

T4rd

Fully [H]
the buzz for RE8 seems to have died out quick...sounds like a good game but a game that people quickly forget
Meh, only so much you can buzz about on a single player game unless there's some controversy about it like with CP or TLoU. Seems it lasted about as long as any other AAA game launch news cycle to me and got more attention than ME LE is getting so far despite that series having about as much clout IMO.

Domingo

Fully [H]

It's a single-player game that's pretty straightforward and not incredibly long or profound. There really isn't a lot to discuss beyond the different weapon types. It's a good (almost great, but maybe not quite) game, though. RE7 got two separate DLC's that were pretty significant in size/scope, so maybe this one will, too?

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Capcom E3 2021 Showcase

The publisher will deliver their showcase on June 14th and are promising news on Resident Evil Village, Monster Hunter Rise, The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, and more...

Domingo

Fully [H]
Capcom just announced that they have begun working on new DLC for RE8, but offered basically no other details. I kinda figured they would, but it's nice to get confirmation. I just hope what we get is as substantial as what they released for RE7.

polonyc2

Fully [H]
it was weird how they phrased it during their E3 presentation...their official statement was "By popular demand development has just started on additional DLC for Resident Evil Village"...you mean they didn't plan on any DLC until just recently?...did they think the game was going to be a failure or disappointment?...they're making it seem like they only started with DLC after the game sold well

Has anyone had the bug where HDR is greyed out no matter what you try and do to enable it? It worked fine for the first 2 hours. Very frustrating to say the least :(

Domingo

Fully [H]
Has anyone had the bug where HDR is greyed out no matter what you try and do to enable it? It worked fine for the first 2 hours. Very frustrating to say the least :(

That sucks. This is one of the few games that uses its own HDR trigger rather than the one built into Windows, too. You might try the Windows HDR toggle and see if that makes a difference.

djoye

2[H]4U
You sure you have fullscreen set and not any windowed mode? Might try toggling to windowed and back to fullscreen if you are already fullscreen.

You sure you have fullscreen set and not any windowed mode? Might try toggling to windowed and back to fullscreen if you are already fullscreen.
yeah fullscreen is enabled, latest drivers, etc. it seems there is no fix and it just happens on random rigs. Just my luck of the draw. smh

yeah fullscreen is enabled, latest drivers, etc. it seems there is no fix and it just happens on random rigs. Just my luck of the draw. smh
Like I said, it worked for the first 2 hours and it looked gorgeous. Now even with hdr in Windows enabled it doesn't look as good. Don't get me wrong it looks great because of my Oled, just not hdr gorgeous. I might try reinstalling the game just because I'm curious to try and find out what happened.. [H]

Update and Fixed: Well it wasn't the game afterall, it was my CX48. My fix was to change my CX48 to game mode. I originally was using Standard mode for PC. Now HDR is not greyed out in game and it looks HDR gorgeous. I hope this helps.

chameleoneel

Supreme [H]ardness
Update and Fixed: Well it wasn't the game afterall, it was my CX48. My fix was to change my CX48 to game mode. I originally was using Standard mode for PC. Now HDR is not greyed out in game and it looks HDR gorgeous. I hope this helps.
input lag will be a gigantic improvement, as well.