• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

resident evil 5

the lone gunman

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 30, 2005
Messages
418
Just a quick Q:

There could have been another thread on this at some point.
However if there wasent, i will start a small fire (so to speak)

So here is my question:
why is resident evil 5 not comming to PC?

I will only assume its because if the massive amount of piracy on the PC platform?

So, because of this i can only assume again that capcom are reluctant to give us PC gamers one of the best games ever created.

Any ideas?
 
Im sure given time it will come out. Look at 4. It got the wii treatment after it had already been out for how long.
 
Capcom seems to be putting out a lot more of their games on the PC recently.

I'm sure RE5 will come eventually.
 
most of the Resident Evils games have eventually made it to PC. It will happen eventually.
 
Let's hope it's not a crappily ported over game either (It can be a port, just hope they spend time on optimizing it a bit), RE5 looks pretty damn good.
 
You either won't see it, or it'll be a craptastic port ala SH4/RE4.. Things might change though, as it's being done by a different group of developers.. I would love to see it make it's way to pc, though.
 
I am a big fan of the RE series. However, I didn't buy RE4 (although it looks great) due to lack of mouse support. Why bother porting it.... using a mouse is why I am a now a PC gamer!
 
All of capcom's new stuff is using their MT Framework engine which is designed from the ground up to be cross-platform, so I'm sure a PC version is not out of the question, what with Devil May Cry 4 and Lost Planet already done
 
I picked up RE4 on PC because I had never played a RE game before and it was only 20 bucks. When I got home I went...wtf my mouse does not work. I eventually got an Xbox360 wireless controller and the game was fantastic except that I kept wanting to use my mouse =/
 
All of the RE ports to pc have been complete garbage. I'd rather they not bother.
 
They did a poor job on RE4 for sure, but actually I liked it. I never had a gamecube and missed it on PS2. I got the wii version and thought it was pretty fun, but the graphics we so bad I could hardly see the mines/traps. I ended up getting the PC verion and a xbox controller and it looked way better then the console. Too bad the FMV was from the PS2. :(

There are mods for the PC version to improve textures a little bit and add mouse support.
 
Yeap, RE4 was a horrid port but the mods made it pretty nice. Just wish they could mod it to shoot like the wii game.
 
Just a quick Q:
So here is my question:
why is resident evil 5 not comming to PC?

I will only assume its because if the massive amount of piracy on the PC platform?

So, because of this i can only assume again that capcom are reluctant to give us PC gamers one of the best games ever created.

Any ideas?

Because Capcom does the shittiest job porting games, and by now everyone knows to stay clear of anything they shovel out for the PC. Resident Evil 4 for the PC came out without mouse support.
 
RE4 was a utter joke and itw as damm shame because at one point i had the game re ordered and was looking forward to it has i have played every single re game and completed it. now it looks as if i will be skipping RE4 which is a damm shame and may just buy RE4 in a noval/book to read about it because i loved the story
 
Its worth playing. For PC, patch it, pump up the graphics, and get a X360 gamepad.
You can still play it on Wii, PS2, or Gamecube.

Its one of my favorite games and the best RE4 game I've played. Its worth putting up with a few minor issues. Get a Wii and get Umbrella Chronicals too. Lots of RE goodness in that game.
 
any links forthe RE4 mods and patches?

I am googleing now :)

I had played RE1 and 2 on the original Playstation and eventually bought RE2 on PC when it came out just to see how much nicer it would look and it didnt dissapoint.

Then I bought Re4 for gamecube and got pissed cause I couldnt get used to the controller for shooting and never picked it up again.

Well I figured since more games are using controler I'd better learn instead of bitching lol, after all I do love a lot of console games, so when I got gears of war for PC I decided since I play most of my games on my main HTPC I would do it with the controller.... guess it was kinda like the sink or swim method.. except thumb or die :D either way I learned how to do it using a XBOX 360 controller on the PC and really liked it. Wenth through and beat gears! So now I loaded up RE4 on the HTPC...only to find out I have to Aim with the other thumb lmao.... anyway I have started playing it and really like it so far.


Personally.... I think all games on PC should have either option, controller or key/mouse. no half ass pick one and run, do both...you alienate too many people when you pick one or the other. Plus it gives you the option to casually play sitting back with a controller or get hard core in to it with keyboard and mouse.

Call of Duty 4 is a perfect example.... I think there were waay to many things to hit in order to use a controller....but yet I wanted the option cause my son plays it on the 360 at his friends house, plus then if I go to play at someones house on a 360...I am at least a little used to it.

and don't get me started on console games for PC being ported over and all the problems with either graphical glitches such as jumpy or slow graphics (gears of war PC), missing controller support (re4 no key/mouse, rayman 3 only worked with some controllers), or dumbed down graphics lmao

however I do give capcom credit, I just started playing Devil May Cry 4 for PC and am liking it so far!!

Anyway, cant wait for RE5 to be ported to PC 5 years from now! Or for that matter Street Fighter 4 (which some sites originally reported it would be out for PC, but then suddenly I can't find any info on it for PC!)

</rant>
 
The RE4 port sucked because of what they had to work with at that time but now they're developing their games in a single environment that runs on multiple platforms (360/PS3/PC) so the outcome is the same on all systems hence the reason Devil May Cry 4 actually rocked when it came to PC and didn't look any better on the PS3.

With a big game like RE5 I'm betting that it comes to PC but that they put it off because of piracy and lower sales numbers for PCs. I think that it's in their best interest to sell as many units as possible before it comes to PC.
 
Chances are it'll come out for PC a few months after the console release, similar to Lost Planet and Devil May Cry 4. Considering how easy it would be to port it to PC with their current dev tools, their profit margins would be very high by that point so they may as well.
 
RE4 was the first RE for me, and I played it on my PC with a mod that enabled the mouse, and it was pretty fun until I beat it. I would play 5 if it made it to the PC. Right now I am more psyched about Left4Dead though.
 
Back
Top