Resident Evil 3 (2020)

Without giving anything away, something to remember is that hand grenades are the single most powerful weapon you have, period. Outside of the 3 boss fights you can kill anything in the entire game instantly with one. Not only that, but anything in a pretty wide radius. The game is pretty fast and loose with friendly fire, too.
You don't want to use them left and right, but they're designed for situations like the hospital and any enemies that are stronger than normal zombies.

Without giving anything away, something to remember is that hand grenades are the single most powerful weapon you have, period. Outside of the 3 boss fights you can kill anything in the entire game instantly with one. Not only that, but anything in a pretty wide radius. The game is pretty fast and loose with friendly fire, too.
You don't want to use them left and right, but they're designed for situations like the hospital and any enemies that are stronger than normal zombies.

Yea I agree, grenades are very strong. Its foolish not to use the as well, I remember in RE2Remake I was "saving them for a real fight" my first game which was on hardcore, ended up having like 10 in my box at the end I never used lol. Ofcourse I started using them in my 3-4 other playthroughs as I got them.

Yeah they're insane. I used a few on the hunters in the hospital because otherwise the fuckers eat like 50 rounds.

Also they literally one shot everything
Including Nemesis outside of the boss battles.

From what I heard part of it is that it’s a much more static campaign now. The original game had a few different choices you could make that would alter later scenes and ultimately the ending. It gave the original replay value in that the campaign felt remixed. Not that it’s a bad campaign, but it’s a lacking sort of feeling.

The common guess is that this is why Project Resistance is bundled along with the main gameto add more value.

The thing is, those choices really didn't matter much. The only ones that had *any* lasting effect was which Trolly part you went after first (affects two cutscenes) and whether you push Nemesis off the bridge leading to the Water Treatment Plant (affects where you start in the plant & leadup to final fight). The rest of the choices (or really, ways to deal with Nemesis) often were just tadeoffs: Eliminate Nemesis for a while with no bonus, or weaken him/cause him to drop an item, but have to face him again in short order.

Hence what we ended up with; I'm fine with the removal of these ultimately false choices in the name of a more focused campaign, but in doing so you end up making Nemesis on-rails as well.

Having never played the original RE3, was it also considered short? The RE2 remake wasn't exactly a long game, but it was probably 30-40% longer than this game. That's just with one of the characters. Plus, it was far less linear.

Having never played the original RE3, was it also considered short? The RE2 remake wasn't exactly a long game, but it was probably 30-40% longer than this game. That's just with one of the characters. Plus, it was far less linear.
If I remember correctly I finished the game in my first sitting in around 3 hours. The original Resident Evil games were always short even on casual blind playthroughs. It wasn't until RE4 that the games got longer. RE2 remake scenarios only take me around 2 hours now after my first was around 6.

RE1 (the remake version) took me more time than 2 and 3 combined. 4's still the longest of the bunch, though. I guess all of the stories in 6 might be in the ballpark, but that's the only thing comparable.

I finished RE3 yesterday, game took 5hrs 35mins according to my scorecard. Overall I liked it, it's not on the same level as RE2 remake. I wouldn't even consider RE3 a remake of the original since so much has changed and they deviated from the original heavily. I'll probably play it again on Nightmare, but I will hold out awhile before I play it again, it feels too soon right now.

Almost finished with the game and have enjoyed it quite a bit. While I agree that it's not as good as re2. somewhere between the two I think would be a perfect game(to me) I love the puzzles and suspense of 2 but also love the action and less back tracking in 3.

Alot of the time in 2 I'd have lots of ammo and upgraded guns and wanted to lay waste to something but only get a few zombies here and there.

Overall love both games. I'm kinda hoping the remakes re1 again. Would be awesome to stroll through the mansion with this engine.

RE1 with the modern engine would be pretty cool. I played through the 2002 version in December and was pretty frustrated with the gameplay. Enemy encounters always felt like I was using an exploit or pure luck. Yet as far as atmosphere and pacing go, it's up there with 4 and 7 on my all-time list. I'd still like to play modern versions of the Dreamcast games, but I'd 100% be behind a remake of the original.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/resident-evil-4-remake-in-development/
(No idea about this source, but I've seen the same article like 10 times)
No clue if these articles are just what people want to hear or what, but apparently another RE4 remake is already in the works. I consider that game to be pretty close to perfect as-is, so I hope they either keep it VERY close to the original or deviate a lot (a la RE3) so that's it's justified. The in-between is what scares me. If they stay kinda close to the original, but mess it up, that doesn't benefit anyone.

In addition to that, similar articles are claiming RE8 is going to be subtitled "The Village" and is definitely heading in an RE4 direction. So much so that it was originally going to be a Revelations game set at the same time as 4.
https://www.gamesradar.com/resident...-about-to-undertake-a-radical-transformation/

Interesting times. RE4 might be my favorite game ever, so I'm cautiously excited.

Unspecified "visual enhancements" are coming to the game later this year.

https://nitter.actionsack.com/RE_Games/status/1499036815000543234
1646235509178-png.449751

Games already look great as is, but free updates are nice. Character and facial animations were some of the best I've seen.

I hope the hell they get rid of the 30 FPS animations in the distance. It was completely immersion breaking and looked ridiculous. I know there's mods for it but for some reason I never could get them to work. I doubt they will since even resident evil village had some animations at 30fps.

So if your an fan you'll enjoy re3?
The gameplay loop is fun. It combines the refreshed mechanics from RE2 with some of the more dynamic mechanics of RE6. The game is short, but has replayability with the harder difficulties and perks you can unlock. My complaints with the game stem from the changes to the characters. I find Jill to be quite annoying in this iteration of the game, in particular. The last boss fight is also poorly designed, in my opinion. I get what they were going for, but it seems it wasn't fully fleshed out and tested.

I see.. I really loved the first re, RE 2 and also the RE 2 remake. I also remember enjoying the old re3 on ps... I always enjoyed the first 3 but didn't care for 4 or any others after.. Kind of wish they would remake the original with this engine...i tried the Village demo but didn't really care for it.. I guess this is the cheapest re3 will be and should be worth 16 bucks?

If you like the remake of RE2, the odds are really good you'll like the RE3 remake, too. It's a bit shorter and more focused on combat, but it's still quite similar. It's definitely worth $16.

If you like the remake of RE2, the odds are really good you'll like the RE3 remake, too. It's a bit shorter and more focused on combat, but it's still quite similar. It's definitely worth $16.
Thanks Domingo! I was def thinking of picking it up I doubt it'll get any cheaper

IDjuzTQ.jpg

starting to make some simple re-skin mods in prep of playing through again when next gen update hits 😁

Next Gen update?! I got this back when it was on sale for 16 but just got a 3070ti. I guess I need to wait longer till this next Gen update hits!?

Should be soon, maybe even this week, Capcom has an event and SteamDB shows a lot of updates for the titles

Will have ray tracing and I think reconstructive upsampling and I dunno what else if anything

Made another reskin using some other mods to get rid of some batman belt crap and for long hair (and to fix the new hair model physics in cinematics), was going for her B.S.A.A. look (there's a mod where someone just ported that model, but it's low poly and dumb looking IMO, especially the hat)

1655083801517.png

Made another reskin using some other mods to get rid of some batman belt crap and for long hair (and to fix the new hair model physics in cinematics), was going for her B.S.A.A. look (there's a mod where someone just ported that model, but it's low poly and dumb looking IMO, especially the hat)

looks like Lara Croft

looks like Lara Croft

what i thought too lol

they got a mod i saw where someone just imported the leather jacket + hoodie model of lara from rise of the tomb raider for jill (with jill's head etc) - thought that worked well will probably grab that too

so many god damned sexual furry bullshit mods trying to find anything, freaking degenerates lol

Did anyone else watch the pc game show? I think I saw re 4 in the game pass list? The value of game pass is going to be insane within the next year

Last edited:
hi there, does anyone know where i can download a savegame to start playing this game in the difficut where i can save progress manualy? (typewriter) without having to finish the entire game first? just like it was possible in RE2 remake.

i have been able to find savegames with latest dificulties unlocked but unfortunately all them also come with everything else unlocked (guns, items, infinite ammo etc), i just would like to play this game in a dificulty with manual save without everithing else unlocked
thanks.,

Not really sure what you're asking to be honest. Are you asking for a save at the first save point? Typewriters are everwhere and they have no requirements in the remake.

Not really sure what you're asking to be honest. Are you asking for a save at the first save point? Typewriters are everwhere and they have no requirements in the remake.

He wants to play out the gate the difficulty where there is no auto save, and you can only save via typewriters (and limited ink ribbons IIRC) - you have to beat the easier difficulties first to unlock it

OP a 100% save point is all I know of if that will suffice - https://www.nexusmods.com/residentevil32020/mods/684

thanks for answering guys, to be more specific i would want to start the game in the inferno dificulty without need to finish the game first to unlock it since the inferno dificulty is the only one allowing manual save and disables autosave. but i dont want everything else unlocked , not infinite ammo unlocked, not all guns and items unlocked, and unfortunately the nexusmods link provided for the saves, as well as other links with saves i have found, also come with "Weapons: All Unlocked Including Infinite Ammo and Other Secret Weapons. Other Items: All Unlocked Including All Special Items", this is not what i want unlocked, just want unlocked the latest difficulty.

what i want is just like resident evil 2 remake that the player was able to play with the latest hardcore difficulty with autosave disabled from the begining without the need to finish the entire game to unlock it, i dont know why capcom did not allow this as well in the RE3 remake, which is really frustrating for me, to my likes autosaves really disrupts the enjoyment and challege on modern gaming since it saves too frecuently, all modern games should have a manual save and disable autosave option at least optionaly.

Are you asking for a save at the first save point?

that actualy would be a good idea, a save with first save point for the inferno difficulty being played for the fist time without everything else unlocked (weapons, infinite ammo, items etc)
if any of you guys can share a save point this ways, would really aprreciate!

thanks for answering guys, to be more specific i would want to start the game in the inferno dificulty without need to finish the game first to unlock it since the inferno dificulty is the only one allowing manual save and disables autosave. but i dont want everything else unlocked , not infinite ammo unlocked, not all guns and items unlocked, and unfortunately the nexusmods link provided for the saves, as well as other links with saves i have found, also come with "Weapons: All Unlocked Including Infinite Ammo and Other Secret Weapons. Other Items: All Unlocked Including All Special Items", this is not what i want unlocked, just want unlocked the latest difficulty.

what i want is just like resident evil 2 remake that the player was able to play with the latest hardcore difficulty with autosave disabled from the begining without the need to finish the entire game to unlock it, i dont know why capcom did not allow this as well in the RE3 remake, which is really frustrating for me, to my likes autosaves really disrupts the enjoyment and challege on modern gaming since it saves too frecuently, all modern games should have a manual save and disable autosave option at least optionaly.

that actualy would be a good idea, a save with first save point for the inferno difficulty being played for the fist time without everything else unlocked (weapons, infinite ammo, items etc)
if any of you guys can share a save point this ways, would really aprreciate!
That is going to be hard to find since nobody plays Nightmare or Inferno without unlocking things to help them out.

well, at lest somethings unlocked, not everything unlocked and no infinite ammo, however i dont think also special items would be unlocked from a save with only nightmare difficulty beaten would they?, so inferno is availabe but from scratch i guess.

i really appreciate if someone can share me a save that way,

i dont think also special items would be unlocked from a save with only nightmare difficulty beaten would they?

Every time you beat the game on any difficulty you get points based on how/what you did to spend in the point shop for special items like damage buff or health buff coins you carry on you, or special weapons like hotdogger knife or unlimited rocket launcher - that you can then use on your next playthrough - especially as you (try to) go up in difficulty

So anyone with inferno nightmare unlocked is gonna have everything they bought up to that point - and you usually buy the best stuff as soon as you can

That's why a 100% save is all there is practically if you don't wanna do it yourself, I think

Every time you beat the game on any difficulty you get points based on how/what you did to spend in the point shop for special items like damage buff or health buff coins you carry on you, or special weapons like hotdogger knife or unlimited rocket launcher - that you can then use on your next playthrough - especially as you (try to) go up in difficulty

So anyone with inferno nightmare unlocked is gonna have everything they bought up to that point - and you usually buy the best stuff as soon as you can

That's why a 100% save is all there is practically if you don't wanna do it yourself, I think
They also sell a shortcut to unlock everything from the get-go. It's $20 IIRC.

Reactions: 3dfan
like this
Back