Resident Evil 2 PC System Requirements Revealed

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Sony had the privilege of giving the world its first look at Capcom’s Resident Evil 2, but PC gamers will be able to enjoy the survival horror remake too when it releases in January next year. According to Steam, the minimum requirements are an Intel Core i5-4460 or AMD FX-6300, 8 GB RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x with 2GB Video RAM.

A deadly virus engulfs the residents of Raccoon City in September of 1998, plunging the city into chaos as flesh eating zombies roam the streets for survivors. An unparalleled adrenaline rush, gripping storyline, and unimaginable horrors await you. Witness the return of Resident Evil 2.

There is a difference between a remake and a remaster. They put as much time and effort into making this game as they would have a new game, so I don't feel it's wrong for them to charge full price for it.

Also, it isn't even $90 in Canada, so I don't know where you got your $90 figure from.

There is a difference between a remake and a remaster. They put as much time and effort into making this game as they would have a new game, so I don't feel it's wrong for them to charge full price for it.

Also, it isn't even $90 in Canada, so I don't know where you got your $90 figure from.
Untitled2.png

i think it was from here.

also remake and remaster is splitting hairs.

That is a complete load of shit if you think it takes as much time and effort to do a remaster as it does a brand new game. They didn't have to come up with Story characters or even a basic idea of environments and gameplay as all that was already there and that can be the most time-consuming. Yes this is certainly more than just a basic remake but to say it's the same as creating a brand new game from the ground-up is laughably ridiculous.

Wahhhhh! Nobody is pulling pulling your arm to buy the Deluxe Edition.

Personally I can't wait. I haven't splurged on game in quite some time. This seems like the right one for me to do it on. One of my all time favorites. Can't wait!

Glad to see the requirements are fairly low since my gaming PC has been stuck with a 380 due to the crypto crazy. Where the hell are the new GPUs?

Nice that its coming to PC but not paying that amount of $$$ for it. I'll wait till its on sale.

EDIT: Found a gameplay video. Looks really good. I hadn't played a RE game in over 15 years so I guess I'll be back to playing the classic.

Last edited:
Back