Resetting BIOS

morningreis

[H]ard|Gawd
If I need to reset the BIOS, is there any way to do it WITHOUT messing with the jumpers? The thing is that my video card is directly above the jumper, and if I try and reset the BIOS w/ jumpers I always drop the jumper then I lose it underneath the motherboard then I have to shake the case around to find it again. Basically a pain in the ass. Any other way to do it?

I usually pop out the battery, disconnect the power cable from the back of the psu, and press and hold the power button for about 10 sec.

All you need to do is move the jumper from one set of pins to another and back, takes a second. How can you drop it each time lol. What motherboard do you have?

iSkylla said:
All you need to do is move the jumper from one set of pins to another and back, takes a second. How can you drop it each time lol. What motherboard do you have?

I had a DFI NF2 Ultra Infinity and with a VGA Silencer, the fan was right over the CMOS jumper and I had to take out the video card to reset the CMOS. I understand the OP's pain ;).

Back