• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Request: FAQ/DIY/Article Writers

AtomicMoose said:
Where do we stand on this stuff? Who has got some stuff done?

We want to start getting some of this to King_N for the site.
On its way, struggling for things to put it in that arent in the LCD sticky, so again, if anyone has any ideas/requests, Currently I have:

Outline of different types of LCDs, pros +cons
Methods of control.
Currently have Matrix Orbital/Crystal Fontz, genereic parrallel + generic serial, psone LCD. breif mention of palm + ill put my pocket pc one in there if i ever manage to get a copy of VS.net
 
Can I get an update on all this stuff? Where are we? What's done, what has been sent to King_N and what is left to do?
 
DOH! I knew I was forgetting to do something!!


Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

 
Topics:
-USB JumpDrive Folding Farms/Boxen
-CompactFlash Folding Farms/Boxen (Carnival Forces)
-How to make a naked tower of MB's (farm) (OSUguy98)
-An article going through pros/cons of HT and why you should/should not do it
(both sides I know there are many on both sides of the fence)
-An article about OC'ing and its effect on F@H/UD - ie how to set up memtest, prime 95 etc (unhappy_mage)
-LCD Case-Mod displays for F@H/UD stats (Herulach)
-linux/windows folding with one client under wine
-Helpful .bat files (start/stop service, config only, advmethods etc) (OSUguy98)


I think I still have an email from oldben on the bat stuff I will look for them tonight.. but this is the list from the op..
 
I thought about jumping on the USB thing, but then I did a little search and came up with this:
SPB Linux for FAH
and
Make a USB Pen Drive Boot Image

A small description here.
I haven't tried these out yet, but the comments on F@H's own forum were pretty positive. I don't know whether they support EM3, but I doubt it, since they probably don't include Samba.
 
KodiakStar said:
-USB JumpDrive Folding Farms/Boxen
-linux/windows folding with one client under wine
If there's any demand, I could make a usb-based client that'd be a little simpler to use. Bueller? Bueller?

I could also write the second. Put me down for that.

"You're dumb!"

 
Back
Top