Replacing Side Panel with AirCooling ?

NTJedi

Limp Gawd
Anyways I'm not sure if this idea already exists mainstream, if a few setup this type of idea or if this idea is radically new.

Story:

I was visiting my brother at his house and in the living room was one of those air filteration things we've all seen on television... you know bad air in and good air out. Anyways I noticed the air coming out was surprisingly cold air.

IDEA:

Why not have the side panel include one of these thus resulting in less dust build-up and colder air arriving into the case instead of room temperature air ?

Thoughts or Ideas ?

Well, at some point, you have to wonder how cost effective it is to do something like that. It's one thing if you can convince Dell to put it on every one of their outgoing computers, but quite another to think it would be worth it to custom make a few hundred and hope they sell.

iuno its kinda wacky to get a airconditioner to cool a PC..when realy air conditioners r meant for humans to use...

but w.e go for it. its gona be super loud though i tell ya. all air conditioners r prety dam loud. even on low.

and from wut i kone airconditioners emit water..and usually ppl have a pipe that routs the emited water into the drain or smth...its gona be tricky to get that modded.

He's talking about those Ionic Breeze things...I think...not sure how that would realy cool the air though.

i did this with mine(not ionic breeze) and it blows about 200 on low cfm, but it's realllly ghetto.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-1.jpg

usps boxes,duct/scotch tape/styrofoam cup for the air tube/hefty bag taped up for the air tube.

I have seen those commercials and also wondered about modding a case to include something like it, I was thinking if you replaced all the fans with something like it what kind of CFM you would get. I have seen Ion generators kits for sale, but I dont really know anything about them so I dont know what it would take to build your own. i can see alot of reasons to do this, the 2 main ones being it would be silent, the second would be it would help cut down the dust collection in the case, but I mainly worry about how much airflow could be generated and how the electronics used would effect the computer.
http://www.imagesco.com/catalog/gensci/iongen.html

Arcygenical said:
:rolleyes:

**edit** Click the smiley

Looks like someone else also thought of this idea, but looking at the date I was first with the idea.

I will have to check on the air filter at my brothers house... not sure who's the manufacturer. I'm sure other cold air filters exist which don't generate any ionized charge. I'm from the dry hot state of Arizona so having cold air blown into the case would definitely provide a benefit.

Back