Replacement for Firefox + TabMixPlus?

hellfire88

2[H]4U
Hi All,

This latest Firefox extensions issue is the last straw for me. I've been running legacy Firefox v56.0.2 + TabMixPlus mainly for multi-row tabs (I'm a tab whore).

Can anyone recommend a replacement? I would be more than happy to migrate to Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, just need an extension/add-on to enable multi-row tabs! (3 rows or so).

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

I haven't used it personally, but how about Waterfox? Its based on Firefox (so your addon might work or be available).

Use Tree Style Tabs + Tab Session Manager = Quantum friendly and replaced Tab Mix plus for me. have you donated to TMP? He claims an update is coming

I haven't used it personally, but how about Waterfox? Its based on Firefox (so your addon might work or be available).
Thank you for the information. I'm a bit hesitant to use an open-source product but I will test it out!

Use Tree Style Tabs + Tab Session Manager = Quantum friendly and replaced Tab Mix plus for me. have you donated to TMP? He claims an update is coming
Thanks for your input. I've read about Tree Style Tabs, so although the orientation is vertical instead of horizontal, I'm giving it a shot.

The addons issue lasted for about a day and a half. While I was frustrated too, I couldn't migrate to anything else and now am happy FF user again.
I found using the latest FF versions better than staying with older versions with their positives. FF is much more nimble than every other browser I've tried, still I can modify most parts of its interface (its chrome) via CSS rules, I found addons for most critical functions I had before. Sure, the new addon system threw away good add-ons and I sometimes miss the multirow tabbar (and few others) but Overall it's better now, for me!
For multirow tabbar there are some CSS solutions which work as far as I read. There is the Tab Mix add-on which is currently only partly functional (by the same author as TMP) and they have a petition or sort of, for Mozilla to fix their API to include support for more sophisticated tabbar manipulation.
Which other browser supports multirow tabbar? Vivaldi? I tried vivaldi the other day and I was not so impressed, aside from some nice options.

Back