Removing "Logos"

jlbenedict

2[H]4U
I have this case-
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71TY-5Og3SL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

How do you go about removing the logos like this from the front panel?
71TY-5Og3SL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

A lot of them are just attached with a sticker. Use a hair dryer or something similar to heat up the glue and then a razer to pop it off.

silk screened I believe.. this case is glass
Then You can most likely use acetone “nail polish remover” to take it off. Or alcohol, or mineral spirits. Specifically which one works will be a matter of experimenting but one will likely work. And they will not hurt the glass. So apply them one by one until one works.

Last edited:
Then You can most likely use acetone “nail polish remover” to take it off. Or alcohol, or mineral spirits. Specifically which one works will be a matter of experimenting but one will likely work. And they will not hurt the glass. So apply them one by one until one works.

If it really sticks you can use a metal razor blade to scrape stuff off of glass without worrying about damage. If you're trying to remove logos from plastic you can use plastic razor blades instead. Although in that case it's possible that the plastics were melted together and you won't have a clean surface underneath.

I think the wife may have the good stuff for nail polish remover.. I'll give that a shot.
Maybe this will break it down just enough to where a razor blade can scrape it the rest of the way.

Razor blade is the fastest/easiest if it's glass. Keep the blade around 30-45 degrees above the plane and work slowly. Done right it should catch the edge of the ink and scrape it clean in a single pass. Do not use the corner of the blade or you may scratch the glass. Use the same method to remove stuck on 'badges'.

Once most of it is off, clean it up with a solvent of some sort. Different solvents will work better depending on the materials used.

Solvents
Isopropyl - Great for the final cleaning pass to remove smudges. Many acrylic adhesives will release easily if wetted in isopropyl for 5 minutes. May cause visible crazing in clear and black plastics.
Acetone - Good for adhesive and ink removal. Will melt some plastics very quickly; recommended for glass only.
Hydrogen peroxide - Works ok on unsealed inks and acrylic paints. Soak a small folded paper towel dripping wet and let it sit on the surface for about an hour. Won't do anything for adhesives.

Razor blade is the fastest/easiest if it's glass. Keep the blade around 30-45 degrees above the plane and work slowly. Done right it should catch the edge of the ink and scrape it clean in a single pass. Do not use the corner of the blade or you may scratch the glass. Use the same method to remove stuck on 'badges'.

Once most of it is off, clean it up with a solvent of some sort. Different solvents will work better depending on the materials used.

Solvents
Isopropyl - Great for the final cleaning pass to remove smudges. Many acrylic adhesives will release easily if wetted in isopropyl for 5 minutes. May cause visible crazing in clear and black plastics.
Acetone - Good for adhesive and ink removal. Will melt some plastics very quickly; recommended for glass only.
Hydrogen peroxide - Works ok on unsealed inks and acrylic paints. Soak a small folded paper towel dripping wet and let it sit on the surface for about an hour. Won't do anything for adhesives.
Just to add if you ever encounter a sticker, badge or tape that leaves behind a thin layer of sticky adhesive residue. Get some tape, I usually just use regular clear n' cheap Scotch tape, tape over the adhesive residue, rub it down and pull it back off(always a good idea to leave a little tabs worth of tape to pull on). The residue should adhere to the scotch tape. Repeat that a few dozens of times and you can get all the residue off without any scratches, blades, chemicals or anything being left behind.

well i gave it a shot... Goo Gone, new razor blade, and acetone based nail polish remover... didn't touch it :(
crazy.. it seems really thin, so the razor blade never catches the edges, no matter what angle the blade is placed..

As kirbyrj mentioned, that is next option.. to try some heat to see if it will "soften" up

Sounds like it might be etched in the glass, if that's the case then you are stuck with it.

Back