Remember those turbo buttons

Sathsayin

Gawd
It's been awhile but i was reading through an old webpage and the guy mentioned hitting it. Was wondering dang how nice would it be to clock my pc up 30 percent with one button again...

I bet a few people here could engineer said buttons. Coupling them to a few hardware presets perhaps. :D

It's been awhile but i was reading through an old webpage and the guy mentioned hitting it. Was wondering dang how nice would it be to clock my pc up 30 percent with one button again...

Actually the turbo button was designed to allow your PC to operate at full or reduced speeds in order to allow some older software to run correctly on higher end machines. Some software, especially games didn't have frame rate limitations in them and as a result they'd run to fast to be playable on those newer, higher end machines. Software developers have fixed these issues which is why we don't have problems like that anymore and the turbo button has almost been forgotten.

As for pressing a button and increasing your speed by 30% or so, it can be done on MSI's boards with their OC Genie. The feature really does work and I've always been impressed with it. Press the button and watch it work. It's fast and I've never seen it fail.

ah, right, the games that worked per frame, instead of having an internal game clock... :p

I remmeber an ill fated pong example after a company system upgrade :eek:

ah, right, the games that worked per frame, instead of having an internal game clock... :p

I remmeber an ill fated pong example after a company system upgrade :eek:

The original X-Wing and TIE Fighter games were the best examples of this I'd seen. You'd basically load the game, start a game and then you'd get a game over screen immediately afterwards.

Back