• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Relic - It's all your fault!

Medieval

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 17, 2001
Messages
1,303
I actually picked up the F@H bug to try and help... and now see what you've done relic:

Code:
                                            Week      Day       6/20    6/20      6/20    6/21
[H] Rank  Name       WU       Total Pts.    Total     Total     06      12        18      00
   592    Medieval   4,314    11,098.20     440.00    290.00    0.00    242.00    0.00    48.00

It's all your fault! ;) Now if I could only get my other 2000+ running.... :p
 
My bug has bitten better.......

Name:- Tigerbiten.
Team:- 33.
H Rank:- 24.
Points:- 319422.
W U:- 9392.

Plus I keep priceing up a new box.
Dual 248's in a Tyan K8W.
4 Gig DDR 400 ECC ram.
8x vidio card.
15K SCSI HDD for OS.
470 Watt PSU.
Not much change from £3K and all I do is wonder how it will fold.... :eek:

I agree its all relic fault.

Luck......... :D

Edit. Please tell me I don't need it.....
 
Better hurry up Medieval. I blew by you a few days ago.
 
I have an a64 3200 and I was wondering on average how long you thing it might take to finish a WU?
 
I don't know that there would be any way to tell you

There are a lot of different proteins being folded and some of them are tought to chew...especially some of the newer gromacs I believe.

But maybe someone with an A64 can give you at least a range of times, or times for a specific protein
 
At the moment my AMD's are running at between 1.8 & 2 points per hour per Ghz for Gromacs and between 2 & 3.5 point per hour per Ghz for Tinkers.
Dont have any DGromacs so dont know there folding constant.
I dont think running an A64 will speed it up that much.
So just take the number of point the protien is worth/ Ghz of the cpu/ one of above figures to get the time it will take to crunch.
After a time you should be able to work out your own folding constant for an A64 box and work out which protiens give you the best result.
But you cannot do anything about downloading good/ bad protiens.

Luck......... :D
 
Yeh, damn relic, hes making me want to buy a spare computer when I really cant afford one. All just to fold, mind you...itd be a LAN gaming box also but mostly itd just sit in the corner and fold.

bah ;)
 
Regelos said:
I have an a64 3200 and I was wondering on average how long you thing it might take to finish a WU?

so do i, why don't you post back in the "w00t A64(3200+) folding" or w/e thread i started w/ ur results, and i'll do so with mine :)
 
the main reason I ask this is because on my machine I started it last night ran all night and it has ran all day and I still dont see a stat up for me on the website
 
Regelos said:
the main reason I ask this is because on my machine I started it last night ran all night and it has ran all day and I still dont see a stat up for me on the website

It can take a day or two after submitting results before you will show up on the stats page. Also, you may have gotten hold of a large protein that takes a while to fold. Most of the Tinker core proteins take the system in my sig about 30 hours to crunch and there have been a lot of them lately. You could have gotten one of these. My box should currently be working on a 100+ point Gromac protein and it's going to take about a day or so to crunch I think.

If you want to watch the progress of the protein, grab the program Electron Microscope III. I don't have the link for it but it should be in one of the stickies.

Don't worry and give yourself a couple of days for your stats to get put up after you return your first results.
 
Now see where I am relic? I've gone and doubled my production in a week with another 2000+. It's all ur fault! ;)
Code:
                                                   Week      Day      
Date    [H]Rank  Name       WU       Total Pts.    Total     Total 
6/21/04   592    Medieval   4,314    11,098.20     440.00    290.00
6/27/04   591    Medieval   4,321    11,715.00     906.80    197.00
 
Yeah and he made me upgrade my Folding TV from a 2200+ AthXP to a 3200+ A64.

It's ALL your fault relic
spanka.gif
 
Speaking of Relic...


Anybody heard from him ? I've not seen one character of his text since we were passed. I kept hoping he'd of dropped some motivational/inspirational/come on over to the house for some mojo to work out a game plan/quit whining sorta poem/speech thing.

If I have to pen poems and sing songs to you lads... you'll throw rotten produce at me. hehe.
 
You guys JUST NOW figured out this is ALL relic's fault? Where you been??? ;)

Last I spoke to relic he was hard at work living, as we all are :D

Fold on

BillR
 
Bump.

Since I see relic is posting again. It's your fault that I'm almost into the 450's again for F@H. My two "servers" at home are running F@H 24x7 and I have to blame someone. Even my wife knows I barely use them as servers. :rolleyes: Might move it up to 3 machines 24x7, but I want to see the electric bill (which is up noticebly according to the wife... :D ).
 
Shaddup and fold...you lazy bunch of degenerate chicken fockers.
My gram folds more that you slackers.

You bozo's owe me a 1st place.
Git on it.

;)
 
You whats going to suck, is that I am running a dial P3 Xeon at 500mhz with both processors and the client running two instances. Versus running my P4 2.4ghz with HT upstairs and frames pass faster on this machine than my dual Xeon.

Do you think I will really pick up any speed once I complete my quad P3 Xeon?

I checked the progress on my dually in the basement and it had completed 53600 out of 1000000 frames on both instances and I had just only started it last night. Am I doing any good or is this just too low?
 
I have a dullie 700 p3 system, and it pumps out work units fast enough. As I learned from Tigerbitten, try not to request the timeless WU cause they seem to take alot longer than regular tinkers.

Your quad system should work just fine. It's not the best sytem for performance vs electricity cost, but it should perform quite well.

The slowest machine I have running F@H is a Pentium Pro 200 @ 266 1mb cache. It performs fine. While it runs F@H, it my development webserver, and has an ATI AIW with a TV tuner.
 
My work machine is a P3 700 and while it seems slow as dirt compared to my mobile 2400 @ 2.5 Ghz, it still puts out work units. Then again, it better. It hasn't been shut off or even logged out of for 70 days now. That would actually be up around 85 days if the power hadn't flickered during a storm about 70 days ago.
 
The Pentium Pro is the most stable computer I ever owned, plus a few 1400va UPS's don't hurt either.

dirtnapii>uptime
11:17pm up 673 days, 10:01, 1 user, load average: 1.26, 1.16, 1.12
 
Regelos said:
I have an a64 3200 and I was wondering on average how long you thing it might take to finish a WU?
my A64 3200 (oc'd 20 mhz baby! damn SATA , no PCI lock :mad:) takes 26:25:00 per WU (either that's an average, or that's just how long a 128.0 pt protein takes, prob'ly the latter...)
 
How did you get your pentium pro to run at 266mhz, I thought you could only get 200mhz out of them?

Hey Guys, I am getting another dual Boxen, just got it off of ebay for $22.52, it ain't much it is a HP Netserver LC3, with 1 P2 350mhz, it does take up to 2x slot2 Pentiums 550mhz.
I will be out of town either today or tomorrow to pick it up in Columbus, OH.

I came across an interesting find, I got the F@H utility for the google toolbar, but I set the team number for it to: team 33. It has gotten 9% through a protein since today.

Since I still live with my parents, I have to conserve electricity in the house, meaning that about half of the time, I might have 1 or 2 pc's running the F@H client to help you out.
 
Back
Top