Reliable 27" 2560x1440p?

sphinx99

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a U2711 (and have bought several others) and while they get some flak for the AG coating, etc., each has come with no particular backlight bleed, dead pixel clusters and so forth. My 2711 is moving to another PC and I would like to get two new 27" displays but my first priority is reliability and initial quality. I work too many 70+ hour weeks to have to deal with exchanges. I am looking at the dell 2713s, the Samsung thread, the view sonic thread, here and elsewhere, and compared to the 2711 it seems like QC for the current generation is way down. I am wondering, for what I am looking for (27", wide gamut OK, AG coating not too bad for me, top priority is a good panel in the first shipment) is the 2711, despite its age, the current safest bet?

I just sold my two U2711's and replaced them with a single LG 29EA93 29" screen.

Those U2711's were/are great screens in their own right. Yes the AG coating was a bit much on them, but that's the only real negative comment I have to say about them.

They are some 5yrs. old now and are still going strong in their new homes.
(Thankfully one of them went to my workplace, so I still get to see it every day) :D

I was in the same boat as the OP until i finally got very satisfied with the below just a few days ago :

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1768907

Regards, :)

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into it!

Jamiee - appreciate the comments as well. I have seen the 29" LG at Microcenter and I can appreciate the panel. It's not nearly tall enough for me however; I'm not sure I could adjust after the U2711 and similar displays that I use daily at work.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into it!

Jamiee - appreciate the comments as well. I have seen the 29" LG at Microcenter and I can appreciate the panel. It's not nearly tall enough for me however; I'm not sure I could adjust after the U2711 and similar displays that I use daily at work.

Take a look at the Viewsonic VP2770 as well. I tried that one and the Dell U2713HM and I liked the viewsonic a lot more (mainly because it had far fewer problems than the dell).

fyi, it's not wide gamut.

Don't wanna try the Koreans Monitor? also microcenter and overlordcomputer has some of 1440p panel for less that $400 with 1 year warranty.

Back