"Regular" XFX 5870 in stock @ Newegg - $409.99

• Thread starter Deleted member 109755
  • Start date
To all those arguing the hotness of this "deal": No, it is not a hot deal. People are saying that because it's available, it's hot. Err, maybe if you conciously ignore the existence of every single other GPU on the market. This is like calling the 8800 Ultra a hot deal. :eek:

*edit* Even the OP admitted it has nothing to do with pricing or hotness of dealage. Lol.

Find me a better price at a trusted store and you'll be right.

I don't even see it being offered at Newegg anymore. If you want a better price for any other 5870 then sure you'll find it at other places for $10 cheaper.

I don't even see it being offered at Newegg anymore. If you want a better price for any other 5870 then sure you'll find it at other places for $10 cheaper.

Thanks for specifying to prove your point. Oh wait...

Like I said, and it may not register for some of you all. The MSRP is what manufacturers think it should sell for, its an estimate of a reasonable price based on supply and demand. Look in any other Hot deals thread and its always a comparison between similar products at different retailers.

If AMD set the MSRP to $500, the price would be similar to what it is now, because the price is based on what people are willing to pay. If product ABC is selling for $450 at most retailers, and its on sale at retailer XYZ for $400 with extremely low availability, then product ABC sold by XYZ is a good deal. MSRP be damned.

If MSRP had any bearing on what was a good deal, every single TV at Newegg.com would be an insanely good deal.:rolleyes:

FYI, the XXX edition 5870 is back in stock at NewEgg, $439.99

Thanks for specifying to prove your point. Oh wait...

Like I said, and it may not register for some of you all. The MSRP is what manufacturers think it should sell for, its an estimate of a reasonable price based on supply and demand. Look in any other Hot deals thread and its always a comparison between similar products at different retailers.

If AMD set the MSRP to $500, the price would be similar to what it is now, because the price is based on what people are willing to pay. If product ABC is selling for $450 at most retailers, and its on sale at retailer XYZ for $400 with extremely low availability, then product ABC sold by XYZ is a good deal. MSRP be damned.

If MSRP had any bearing on what was a good deal, every single TV at Newegg.com would be an insanely good deal.:rolleyes:

I already told you its cheaper elsewhere. I didn't say anything about MSRP. But lets put it this way. If I had bought mind for $380 and you bought yours for $400, then which one is really the hot deal?

I already told you its cheaper elsewhere. I didn't say anything about MSRP. But lets put it this way. If I had bought mind for $380 and you bought yours for $400, then which one is really the hot deal?

I'm sorry, I don't see where it is cheaper and in stock. Care to post a link, on your 3rd try?

Got to agree with that. Post a link to another store that has it at cheaper then you can crap the thread. If you can't stop trolling please.

Quick question, but what part of manufacturer SUGGESTED retail price don't people understand? Anyway i picked one up so i can sell my 285s before they tank in value ><

the arguments in this thread are retarded

it's NOT a hot deal because of the price, it's a [H]ot Deal simply because it's been hard to find and still is to an extent.

MSRP is just that, a suggested retail price, and the economy is one of supply and demand, the higher the demand and the lower the supply, the higher the price.

People this isn't rocket science, quit being dumbasses and wasting your time arguing over dumb shit and just move on with your life.

Some people are glad the OP is notifying fellow forum members about the availability of a computer part they are interested in purchased, the rest of you are being assholes just to be assholes I suspect, sounds more like you're jealous you don't have one so you're bashing the people interested in it.

If you aren't gonna buy one, why did you click the fucking link to begin with? Fuckin a

Guess what Tigerdirect has bing cashback AND its available. Maybe a hot deal revolves around availability and a cheaper price but thats me.

Guess what Tigerdirect has bing cashback AND its available. Maybe a hot deal revolves around availability and a cheaper price but thats me.

Magic word above is highlighted. It wasn't available at TD with BC etc six days ago...

Back