Refurbished Motherboard?

Chelica

2[H]4U
Question -

Would you guys purchase refurbished motherboards?
And if so, have you guys purchased refurbished motherboards from MWave?

Yes, but there are some criteria:

1) Who did the refurbishing? If the item were factory refurbished to meet original specs, then I wouldn't have a problem. If it were refurbished by a reputable refurbishing 3rd party, then I'd also feel farily comfortable.

2) The vendor must be a reputable merchant. I have no problems ordering stuff from Newegg in this manner, since they offer a long enough warranty for me to thoroughly test the unit. I would also have similar confidence in mwave.com.

I've never had a problem from Newegg refurb/open box motherboard. YMMV though.

I have bought a total of 7 boards from mwave that were refurbished and all were fine except for 1..It was doa and i had enough time to test it and return..mwave was real good and credited my account back the money owed.
All other 6 boards were fine and worked flawlessly..I would have no hesitation at all ordering a refurb from mwave or newegg..Mwave has been as good as newegg in my experience over the years as far as taking back non working items. They are a first class vendor to deal with..Ive also ordered many refurb hard drives from mwave and all worked fine..They were refurb from western digital themselves and had a sticker on them from w/d stating that w/d refurbed the item....

Nice.

Those boards you ordered from MWave, did the come with the IO plate or is it just the board? I know that it might be different for me, but given that you have purchased 7 of them it gives me a better idea.

15 days should be plenty for me to test things out.

I will be ordering a retail CPU and Memory from MWave. The Video Card and PSU will come from Newegg. I have the rest of the parts at home ready and waiting.

I've never had a problem from Newegg refurb/open box motherboard. YMMV though.

Ditto here ! About 7-8 mobo's complete w/hardware , etc . All ran without any problems (including my current Abit AN8-32X) .

X3 on openbox from Newegg.

My P5B stopped posting with my ram and the PS2 port stopped working so I got an open box from newegg, to my surprise all the parts were there most in the bags.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if it didn't overclock all that well, but maybe the kid just didn't know what he was doing.

Eh, I don't care. I don't run much over 400Mhz b/c of the straps anyway.

Well I purchased another oem/open box mobo from Newegg since my past luck has been xint *crossing fingers again* . This time I grabbed a MSI P6N SLI-FI and it saved me $55 . http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130082R . Board will be here sometime today , so I'll report back later on how or what the board comes with (all harware , etc) . I dont get my cpu for another day , so it will be awhile longer on reporting if the MSI P6N SLI-FI runs ok .
Iam really not too woried to tell ya the truth , but there is always a first time .

I went ahead and purchased the DS3. I will check back when I get all of the parts. Hopefully all is well.

I bought a refurbished DS3 from mwave about a month back. It was a V1 and came with all of the accessories in the box. The thing still looked brand new. The thing is top notch for a refurb. Im running 450x8 so not to bad.

I usualy always skimp and go refurb/open box on motherboards. Ive bought maybe 20-30 over the past few years and only had an issue with one. Newegg hates me though, everytime I just get the bare motherboard, no accessories.

Update on my oem/open box MSI P6N SLI-FI ...

Well this is a first for me as the board I received came in a plain brown box with nada ; no accessories at all . :( .

In the past Ive always recieved a full retail box with all the goodies from the Egg .

The good news is ... I called MSI (tech support) a few minutes ago with GREAT results . I related my dilemma to MSI and they said NO PROBLEM ; for a mear $10 shipped (accessories free/$10 shipping) I will be getting the "full accessories" package mailed to me (Fedex) .

I'll report back when my package arrives . Should be only a few days as MSI in Calif is fairly close to me .

BTW ...for some odd reason Newgg raised the price of the retail box MSI P6N SLI-FI "again" , and now wants $125+ship (from $108-$113-$125) . The board can be purchased cheaper at Clubit and Mvwave ($108-$110)

I too got ONLY the board from newegg when I got my Asus A8N-E awhile back. It was a flawless board but the I/O shield at least would have been nice.

Supposedly my motherboard has arrived. Still stuck here at work and can't wait to check on the package.

I bought a refurbished board from newegg in the past and had a good experience. Keep in mind that accessories such as cables, drivers, i/o shield might or might not come with a refurbished product

Alright, tested everything and the motherboard is awesome. The package came with EVERYTHING, plate, manual, driver. Basically it looks brand new.

And I wouldn't buy refurb from Ebay. I had a few bad experiences purchasing refurb/used computer parts from Ebay.

Alright, tested everything and the motherboard is awesome. The package came with EVERYTHING, plate, manual, driver. Basically it looks brand new.

And I wouldn't buy refurb from Ebay. I had a few bad experiences purchasing refurb/used computer parts from Ebay.

Do you know what revision the board is? This is the refurb ds3 from mwave for $62 dollars right?

Back