Refurbished DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D $80.20 shipped

Dual gigabit ethernet, socket 939, DFI overclock options, $80. Excellent deal if you don't need onboard audio.

rephlux said:
Excellent deal if you don't need onboard audio.
most of the time you do get the accessories.

There is built-in digital/coaxial in+out and a person can always try emailing DFI for the karajan audio module. With any luck they'd send it free of charge.

for the love of god I spent $40 more for this last week new :mad:

out of the last dozen or so only two came with the audio module. all of the ones i have seen were oem and bare bones . i have heard of one comming retail box though i have never seen one. i did get a few abits and asus in the full retail box though. never got a dfi with the retail package -referbed.

there is a thread on these --the same MB's have been for $85 for weeks and weeks.

a darn good deal foe anybody that needs a good MB for cheap . i've had less problems with the referbs than the new ultra d's . this is a nice deal. :cool:

PS DFI gets $18 shipped for the audio module. however most of the time it isn't used anyway.

Newegg did send me some bad products. My score with newegg is getting down, specially in video card section.
There is always some problem in these refurbished models, always something wrong.

Do not assume that you will get the accessories!

I have received motherboards with no cables, backplates (the most annoying), instructions, disks, etc. When you are buying a refurb assume that you will ONLY get the motherboard. This motherboard has a very particular backplate, if you want it, don't order the refurb.

On the other hand I have received some refurb products in perfect shape. A few CPUs, a video card, some other stuff I have long forgotten about. Hard drives are usually a good deal there, get the Seagate, if it doesn't work send it back to Seagate, most have a 5-year warranty. Stay away from the 1-year warranty drives, the warranty may be used by the time you get it, and you'd have a heck of a time convincing Maxtor to pay out the warranty on a product listed as refurbished.

yea plus remember this items come with many needed accessors like the audio plug, which i dont believe will come with this

JSF35rhino said:
out of the last dozen or so only two came with the audio module. all of the ones i have seen were oem and bare bones . i have heard of one comming retail box though i have never seen one. i did get a few abits and asus in the full retail box though. never got a dfi with the retail package -referbed.
ahh, i will admit i have no experience with DFI refurbs. Though i have bought many of the other brands and was lucky enough to get the accesories for all of them (about 8 or 9 refurb mobos to date and all have worked perfectly)

I swear i have more problems with new products than refurbed ones :confused:

getting an OEM board w/ nothing but the board itself isnt as bad as it might sound.

after all, how often do you really use any of the accessories that come with a full retail motherboard in the first place?

heck, I damn sure know I dont use anything but the boards themselves and maybe the I/O plate thats on the back of the case. other than that, I dont use anything else...

most of the time --if you build lots of computers like i do--you have a ton of extra stuff like cables and such laying around. the assembly book's usually ain't worth a hoot and can be downloades anyway. and the drivers on the disk are usually "old". so there is not much really lost by going referb --unless you got to have the audio module. :cool:

When it was $85.00 I decided to not get it because of it missing the Karajan audio module. So I ordered new. After I received the new board I couldn't use the audio module anyway because my case 120MM rear fan would not fit with the module stickin out too far. So the only thing I found of use was the backplate and the board itself.

eat2na said:
When it was $85.00 I decided to not get it because of it missing the Karajan audio module. So I ordered new. After I received the new board I couldn't use the audio module anyway because my case 120MM rear fan would not fit with the module stickin out too far. So the only thing I found of use was the backplate and the board itself.

I have the board and the same thing, it hits the 120mm fan in the rear of my Antec p180. Not only that but I was using the audio onboard out of case and I wasn't impressed with it by far.

SJetski71 said:
...Though i have bought many of the other brands and was lucky enough to get the accesories for all of them (about 8 or 9 refurb mobos to date and all have worked perfectly)...
That reminds me, I bought a refurb ASUS board Socket A from them, last time, it came in a PC Chips box socket 478. When I saw the box, I exclaimed, "WTF!?!" Then I looked inside, found the correct ASUS board, but no accessories nor I/O backplate. Not getting the backplate is the most annoying thing; though the board did work great. The machine was for a friend, so I didn't care about the backplate too much.

It would suck balls without the backplate! Is it confirmed about the backplate?? Thats is my only concern

SignalSoldier said:
It would suck balls without the backplate! Is it confirmed about the backplate?? Thats is my only concern

Chances are you will NOT get a backplate. Its annoying but doesnt affect the boards performance.

qbackin said:
What is the big deal about no backplate?
Besides looks, It will disrupt the case air flow if it is not covered. Once I purchased a refurb from Newegg with no back plate and was able to find a close match at my local computer shop. They had all kinds available for like a couple of dollars. I took one and modified it with a Dremel tool to open some holes for USB.

I got the board a couple months ago and it came without the I/O plate. I emailed Dfi and they promptly sent me one free of charge.

JasonE4 said:
I got the board a couple months ago and it came without the I/O plate. I emailed Dfi and they promptly sent me one free of charge.

Wow, I might try that. Did you buy it refurbished?

I just got a msi neo4 plat. REFURB about a month ago, it came with nothing except the board itself, not having a i/o shield SUCKS

what about a agp board,, what would you recommend? out of the lan parties i guess..around the same price

ToyYoda03 said:
Wow, I might try that. Did you buy it refurbished?
Yeah, I got it refurbished. They didn't even want proof of purchase or anything. I did, however, have to buy the audio module off of someone.

I guess for anybody looking for to buy this board, saving yourself $50 bucks isn't that bad, I use an audigy card so I wouldnt care about the module, I could def. call DFI for the backplate and spend about $15.00 for uv reative cables at performance-pcs.com

the point is, I just hate the term REFURBISHED!, does anybody know how newegg gets their refurbished inventory? are they factory returns? are they defected mobos from the assembly line tested before packaging and then fixed ? what is it? anybody have a clue?

I bit. Too good of a deal. Seems like people have had good experiences with getting the accessories from DFI, so, why not? :)

back when i was buying these they were OEM boxed. and what they were was replacement MB's --they looked brand new --but were totally naked.

i have gotten a few abits and ASUS that were retail packaged and came with all the retail stuff. --the ones with the retail pack are returns. so if you get the retail stuff depends on where egg got them from --for the $$ i don't think it matters much anyway-- a good MB is worth $79 :eek:

ToyYoda03 said:
it should be noted that in order for this board to accept sli, you have to mod the chipset, but its a fairly easy mod from what ive read
ya, the dfi sli bridge seems like a rare item; i couldn't find any anywhere except froogle/atacom.

mmmhmmm....im liking dfi right now...This was my first overclock with this board, I kind of dived right in.

aldy402 said:
the point is, I just hate the term REFURBISHED!, does anybody know how newegg gets their refurbished inventory? are they factory returns? are they defected mobos from the assembly line tested before packaging and then fixed ? what is it? anybody have a clue?

The items in there are not REFURB as we know refurb, these items are things that customers send back directly to newegg, not things that were sent back to the manufacturer then resold as surplus. Items in the REFURB section are returned because they ordered the wrong thing, or the part didn't work in some way, or general returned merchandise.

ToyYoda03 said:
it should be noted that in order for this board to accept sli, you have to mod the chipset, but its a fairly easy mod from what ive read
The new NVIDIA drivers are supposed to block the mod, I read that last night, not sure if there have been any future developments. Post links if you've got them :)

All,

Just received the "REFURB" board from newegg - opened the box and to my surprise there are ALL the accessories just like I had ordered it new. It's like Christmas in August...I would definitely recommend this deal...it's smokin'!

vbrtrmn said:
The new NVIDIA drivers are supposed to block the mod, I read that last night, not sure if there have been any future developments. Post links if you've got them :)

thats just a rumor, it still mods perfectly, check out the test results at dfi-street.com

Back