Refurbished Audio-Technica ATH-700 for $69.95 w/ free shipping.

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Dead Deal

Link to Adorama website.

They are $69.95 with free shipping.

Audio-Technica ATH-700 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones - Refurbished By Audio Technica - One Year Warranty

Mfr. Part: ATHA700R

Hardocp did a review on the open back ones, and while searching for the closed ones I stumbled across this company on Ebay. I ordered a set off Ebay, and they were shipped very fast and I'm pleased with them. Figured someone might want a refurbished set as a new set are $109.00 new.

Last edited:
that's a hot deal, i got my closed set a few months ago and love em, but would love em even more for 70 bucks!

i have the open ones and love them, however, refurbed headphones? ahk who knows where that thing has been or whose head it has been on.

I absolutely love my ATH-A700s. They are something I'm excited to put on my head, not just for their gorgeous sound but because they're so comfortable.

They're easily worth double the price I think.

I've had these for a couple years now, and the muffs are just starting to degrade slightly, but other than that they're a great set, especially for 70 bucks

wow nice price, I paid more for my ath-500s. Would be all over these if I had the $$

Sick deal... I've debated getting a pair of these for awhile.. I just picked up some Beyerdynamic DT770 pros a few months ago though... Hmmm

Just might have to get these too :)

Love these headphones! If I had more money at the moment, I would grab another pair for work.

In the product description it says that it has deeper bass reproduction due to the closed back design and it has 53mm drivers. I want to give these a try before I go the Beats By Dre route. I listen to a lot of Hip-Hop and Sennheisers weren't that great when I had them.

In the product description it says that it has deeper bass reproduction due to the closed back design and it has 53mm drivers. I want to give these a try before I go the Beats By Dre route. I listen to a lot of Hip-Hop and Sennheisers weren't that great when I had them.

I wouldn't put all Sennheiser's in one category. Did you have 280 Pros? You might want to look at the Beyerdynamic DT770 and DT990 if you want lots of bass.

I think it's safe to say that Sennheisers aren't the best for hip-hop. The Beyerdynamic headphones get a bit pricey and I don't like the styling compared to the Beats. I'm going to give the AD700 closed back design a try before I go back into the $100+ range.

If you don't mind buying used, the 770's can be had around $100. Beats by Dr. Dre seem to be around $200-300. Sennheiser makes some great headphones, some of them need to be properly amped though. The HD580 and HD600 I've had excelled with pretty much any musical style.

I had a ASUS Xonar STX to power the Sennheisers, still wasn't impressed. Other music genres sounded great just hip-hop was lacking punchy bass. I really don't want a set that needs an amp all the time. I want something with lower ohms so I can also use them with portable devices.

Fair enough. I'm not sure if the A700 has enough bass for you though. Can't hurt to try though, especially at this price.

Really? Do you think the safer bet would be with the Beats By Dre or the DT770? Where can I find the DT770 for $100?

You can sometimes get a cheap set of DT770s on eBay or Head-Fi's FS/T section (obviously, you'd need to be active on Head-Fi for a bit before you were actively trading there). I thought the Beats were overpriced for what they were, and the DT770's also need to be amped - unless you get the 32 ohm version, but you won't get that for $100.

If you have the $70 to spare, you can try the A700's. If you don't like them, just sell it.

No No, the AD700, A700, A900 are not what you want if you want hard bass. Don't even spend your money on those if you want bass trust me. They are great sounding phone YES, but not for hard bass.

For this price if you want bass and sound quality your best bet is ATH-M50.

If you hold out and spend twice as much, as mentioned by 450 on ebay you can get Ultrasones and Beyer's starting at 150ish+ (which is majorly marked down) and those companies will rock your world and blow ya away.

Either way though you'll need an amp to get the most of them. Without an amp, the ATH-M50 is a good bet.

*With a Strong Amp and an EQ using +15dB boost in the lower freqs you can get some very good hard bass out of the AD700, A700, A900.* But it certainly does not come this way out of the box, and will absolutely not come anything near this without the strong amp & eq. (must have both, not one or the other)* Don't mind the people you'll occasionally come across that say these headphones don't benefit from an amp because they absolutely without a shadow of a doubt DO benefit from an amp and I would never run them any other way.

Last edited:
ATH-M50??? Why?

Edit: Ok these are studio monitors. Exactly what I need when it comes to bass. Checking reviews now.

Last edited:
Just wanted to mention I have the ATH-A500s which are sort of in the same series as the ATH-A700 in this deal and I am very happy with mine. I bought them because they were closed, comfortable and I could run them unampped. Of course they sounds pretty good too.

ATH-M50??? Why?

Edit: Ok these are studio monitors. Exactly what I need when it comes to bass. Checking reviews now.

Just because something is called a studio monitor, doesn't mean it has lots of bass. The ATH-M50 might be what you're looking for though. I completely forgot about those.

I see that now. I bought the M50 off Ebay with Cashback so it's going to be around $95. They look simple compared to the A700 and Beats. I can wear these around town without people looking at me like a douche.

I bit on it. I just ordered a pair of razer gaming headphones for this price about 2 weeks ago. Ah well, these will take their place.

Been wanting these for a long time, hard to find an excuse not to bite. Thanks OP!

I find the A900 (similar to A700) to have plenty of bass. A lot more than the AD700. Certainly not for a basshead but plenty.

I own both the ath-m50s and the ath-a700. The bass does not extend as low on the ath-a700, but honestly I prefer the a700 over the m50s. Better sound stage (much better for games) better mids. The a700 bass still has plenty of punch too - much more so then the ad700.

ATH-M50??? Why?

The term is thrown around a bit too often but the goal of a "studio monitor" should be the most neutral sound possible so it shouldn't have the bass you want. I would really stay away from the Beats, they just don't seem to offer anything other than marketing like most Monster products (I have heard OK things about the turbines though).

I have both the new looking 770's and the older style Black 80-ohms ones that used to be hard to find which are now sold as the DT 770 Pro-80

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-...5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1279806225&sr=8-5

I think the Pro-80's will give you exactly what you want. I have never heard anything close to as good as them when it comes to Bass and they are also excellent for action movies. They also block out and seal out pretty much any noise so they are great for nighttime or work. The velvety earpads make them feel comfy and pricey.

The newer silver ones sound much better as an all around headphone but have much much less bass and are harder to drive.

If I were to get into the 300 dollar range and don't mind in ear the ultimate ear TripleFi are the only headphones I have personally heard that pull off being incredibly detailed and clear sound and still has a ton of bass on demand. Actually hearing bass like that out of an in-ear was a surprise to me. The cables really suck on then though so that is one thing to keep in mind, at least they are replaceable and you can even switch in a cable with a mic for using it with a phone.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Deal's dead, at least for now. I had been looking at the page all morning, deciding if I wanted to bite on these. Few hours later, I click "add to cart" but the item has been pulled.

Guess that makes my mind for me...

I made the right decision since the orders were canceled. Heard good reviews about the M50 so I will try those first before I go higher than $100. I had a pair of Sennheisers which had a great sound stage in games but in the music I like they were lacking and also needed to be amplified. I needed something that sounds great in every application like games, iPod, movies, recording etc.

Just recently bought a new pair of these headphones on amazon. They're insanely good for the price. Very comfortable to wear, sounds are very clear. The only complaint I have is that the bass is lacking.

Back