Refilling an AIO

So I have a Corsair H80i from 2012. Has anyone tried refilling these? I know the common trend is just to buy a new one but I was curious if refilling it was even possible.

Most AIOs are not designed to be openable without destroying them. There are a few you can add fluid to but that is the exception.

Last AIO I owned had a screw in the waterblock/pump combo that could be taken out to add more water. May also be an extra port in the radiator that could be used as well.

You can try to open them and refill it, but as was pointed out earlier it's really not the best idea as they aren't designed with refilling in mind and you'll probably destroy it in the process of trying to open it.

You should be able to use a 1/4” splicer with clamps. I don’t know exactly what you actually fill it with though... it’s not exactly just water in there.

I’d probably try distilled water if doing it myself and keeping as much as the original liquid as possible.

Alphacool Eisbaer AIO are refillable and expandable. Planning on changing the tubing on mine soon, and glad for the functionality.

tbh you wouldnt want to just run distilled water as they often mix metals for AIOs. I would just cut the tubing and splice with a y connector and use one as a fill port.

Do a 90/10 distilled / antifreeze mix. That's basically what Corsair puts in there.

Get a large bowl and a power supply you can use to power the pump. Cut the line. Use the bowl as a reservoir to work all the air out of the running pump. Re-connect your cut hose with a straight-thru hose barb connector.

These things aren't meant to be taken apart, but they also aren't rocket science.

Back