Refill H60i?

Wooshoo

Weaksauce
2FA
Joined
May 27, 2019
Messages
113
Hey everybody I have had an H60i for about 7 years now and it's getting low on fluid. It is attached to my very old 2500k setup@4.6ghz and I dont really want to get a new cooler. I have seen a few things online with people refilling their AIOs from the block and I just want to know what fluid needs to be used to replace the old?
 
^^^ thats all i used in my refilled aios, its what come in them. last one i did i just made a little slit up the barb and yanked a tube, snipped the tube flat, topped up the fluid, and put it back together with a zip-tie for safety.
ps: going through the block tends to strip the screw heads real bad.
 
How can you tell if it's low on fluid ?
if its gurgling more than normal or you can hold it up by the rad and shake and listen. a little sloshing is normal as all aios have a little air in them, lots of sloshing the fuild is low.
 
Thanks a bunch! Is there a special amount? I also read that over filling can be a thing here
i wouldnt/didnt worry about it. it tried my damnedest to fill them full and they all(3) had a little air. what i did was rig up a pop bottle with a piece of 1/4 air tubing sticking out of the cap. then i used that to squeeze the fluid into the tube i took off until fluid was flowing steady out of the rad barb. keep the rad up and barb at the top to get air out. then i stuck the tube back on and zip-tied it.
 
i wouldnt/didnt worry about it. it tried my damnedest to fill them full and they all(3) had a little air. what i did was rig up a pop bottle with a piece of 1/4 air tubing sticking out of the cap. then i used that to squeeze the fluid into the tube i took off until fluid was flowing steady out of the rad barb. keep the rad up and barb at the top to get air out. then i stuck the tube back on and zip-tied it.
Much appreciated. I will probably still try from the block if I can but if not I will start slicing and just fill as much as I can.
 
Back
Top