Reducing interferance

It seems that with the way the front audio panel cable is routed, I get a buzzing sound whenever the cable is near the video card. (The placement for the audio connector on the DS3L is horrible.) Is there anything I can do to reduce the EMI around the cable?

Get a cable with better shielding. Not sure what kind of cable it is using so that may not be do-able for you. Maybhe wrap the cable in a few layers of electrical tape. Or even better would be aluminum foil wrapped around the cable and then electrical tape over the top of the aluminum foil. Make sure the aluminum foil is covered well with the electrical tape as you don't want any of it exposed because if it was to have contact with the mb it could cause a short. I've read of people wrapping TV Tuner cards in aluminmum foil to give better shielding so it should work for your cable too.

Yes, do what he said with the Al foil. You have to connect it to ground though. Just connect it on one end to the ground pin (either end is fine) and cover it all up with tape.

Back