Redoing an SBS Install - questions related to backing up email/settings

GCS

Limp Gawd
So our SBS server has been fouled up for some time now and I need to get it fixed. For the last 3 - 4 months it has only been used for our exchange email/domain.

Well I need to be sure that the email is all backed up and any settings that I can back up to put on to the new fresh install of SBS. How do I go about doing this. I have looked around in the software but cannot seem to figure "just what to do".

Reason for the reinstall is that our Raid array(which has all of our data and programs on it) when installed in the server will not allow it to boot/run. Also SBS consistently locks up and reboots which is why we pulled the array and have been running off of a second server with just Windows 7 on it.

After surfing around it looks like the original install of SBS got screwed up somehow and needs to be redone.

Any info on what I should do so we don't lose anything I really need would be great.

Naturally I will just pull the existing 250gb that has everything on it from the server first and then just do the new install on a new drive so I can go back to what I had should I blow the fresh install.

Thanks

Greg

a good thing would be to try a swing migration using a VM on another PC in the office (or actual PC if you have one)
that way you could keep the domain name and user settings, any shortcuts, share drives, etc

a good thing would be to try a swing migration using a VM on another PC in the office (or actual PC if you have one)
that way you could keep the domain name and user settings, any shortcuts, share drives, etc

Not really sure how to do this to be honest

Greg

Back