Redfall (Arkane Studios)

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Announced during the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase, Redfall is a new co-op, open-world first-person shooter from Arkane Austin, the award-winning team behind Prey and Dishonored...play it solo or in co-op with up to four players to face off against a legion of vampires that have overtaken the once-quaint island town of Redfall...

coming Summer 2022...

Last edited:
Redfall and Game Pass could propel Arkane onto the global stage where it belongs

Redfall could do what Dishonored and Prey couldn't...Arkane Studios is preparing to make its debut under the Xbox Game Studios banner with a brand new open-world, co-op shooter set on an island besieged by cultists and vampires...with Microsoft's marketing behind it, and the visibility afforded by Game Pass, Redfall has the opportunity to pull Arkane into the mainstream

the team deserves it too, the opportunity to be afforded the attention and adulation typically given to studios like Bungie and Insomniac...Arkane Studios has become synonymous with quality and creativity...for whatever reason, that impression hasn't seeped fully into the public consciousness...

https://www.gamesradar.com/redfall-...-and-pull-arkane-studios-into-the-mainstream/

Redfall and Game Pass could propel Arkane onto the global stage where it belongs

Redfall could do what Dishonored and Prey couldn't...Arkane Studios is preparing to make its debut under the Xbox Game Studios banner with a brand new open-world, co-op shooter set on an island besieged by cultists and vampires...with Microsoft's marketing behind it, and the visibility afforded by Game Pass, Redfall has the opportunity to pull Arkane into the mainstream

the team deserves it too, the opportunity to be afforded the attention and adulation typically given to studios like Bungie and Insomniac...Arkane Studios has become synonymous with quality and creativity...for whatever reason, that impression hasn't seeped fully into the public consciousness...

https://www.gamesradar.com/redfall-...-and-pull-arkane-studios-into-the-mainstream/
Maybe because their quality has been steadily on the decline since Dishonored 2 after a certain subset of people took over the company. Just a thought.

Maybe because their quality has been steadily on the decline since Dishonored 2 after a certain subset of people took over the company. Just a thought.

I thought Prey was excellent and not a step down at all...Wolfenstein: Youngblood was more MachineGames then Arkane...we'll see what Deathloop brings...

Shit looks alot better than Back 4 Blood chug fest characters have life to them they look like vampires themselves. If Arkane uses the engine for Deathloop this could be a Left for Dead 2 successor deathloop looks pretty amazing in its own right hopefully this is 1st person.

Last edited:
Arkane is one of the most consistently good developers out there so the chances of Redfall being excellent are pretty high...the cinematic trailer was a bit silly as they should have shown some actual gameplay

Not to get into political aspects (I come here to avoid it) but I have noticed Arcane studios interweaving political themes in their games. I play games to escape the current political polarization and hysteria that has taken over this country. I do not want to be reminded of it while I am playing games. I think politics and political indoctrination should be left out of the games (regardless whether its coming from the left or the right). Granted, I have not seen Redfall, but if their prior games are an indication I am not optimistic. This is why I like games like Doom Eternal, 0 politics 100% shooting.

I thought Prey was excellent and not a step down at all...Wolfenstein: Youngblood was more MachineGames then Arkane...we'll see what Deathloop brings...
Prey (2017) was decent, but it killed the sequel to Prey (2006) to exist. 2017 has its own sordid history during development that I won't get into.

looks like a try on PC Game Pass before Buy type of game

Redfall- Official Gameplay Reveal

Last edited:
Could be great I like how everyone is trying to capitalize on twilight crowd.

I'm glad I subscribe to Game Pass. Will give it a try before any buy.

Redfall- Official Extended Gameplay and World Exploration Trailer

Last edited:
First third-party commercial game using Unreal Engine 5 to be released?

I love Arkane Studios but when this game was first announced I wasn't all that impressed as I thought it was a MP game and the early trailers didn't look that great...but the developer has stated that it can be played completely solo without any issues...now I'm interested again plus the new trailers look much better...Redfall seems like the sleeper game of 2023 that no one is really talking about (same way that Deathloop was)

Game Director Harvey Smith reassured everyone that it'll be like a classic Arkane experience when played solo..."Redfall is made so you can play through the campaign solo and you don't have bots with you for the other characters, you're just purely solo...you pick Layla, Jacob, Devinder, or Remi, and you're alone as you go through the world"

a few things that stood out from the early previews...

1) the developer (Arkane Studios) is “working actively” to remove the game’s always-online requirement when playing in single-player mode

2) you play as one of four different vampire slayers but playing solo doesn’t attempt to replicate the co-op experience by weighing you down with three hapless AI...instead, Redfall simply leaves you to embark on a different and altogether lonelier-feeling adventure...it’s a smart design decision

3) gunplay has never been Arkane's strongpoint but it looks like they did a much better job with it in Redfall

4) creator Harvey Smith assured people that Redfall stands on its own two feet as an enjoyable solo experience. It’s a claim I’ve heard countless times from developers espousing the single-player joys of their co-op capers, but for its first few hours at least, it’s a promise that Redfall delivers

5) Arkane's first true open world game (and first co-op game)

Last edited:
people also need to remember that Harvey Smith is the creative director...the same guy behind Deus Ex, Dishonored, Thief etc
I think it was back in 2017 that Harvey Smith was asked about Deathloop, and that is when he said he was working on a different project. Redfall turned out to be that project.

Feels like that’s all we’re getting with new game announcements these days. Gone are the days of having actual gameplay in your trailer.

less gameplay footage means players can't complain about graphics downgrades or other features removed from the final version

Back