Red Dead Redemption

Capfarland

Limp Gawd
Forgive me if this has been posted about already, I did a quick search and didn't find a main thread for it.

This game look amazing!!! Theres a huge video on IGN showing all of the cool shit you can do in the game. There was a scene where the player tossed a rope around a dudes neck and drug him through the desert on horseback :eek:

Love the spaghetti western music, setting, and the open world lends itself to massive amounts of exploration.

Looks like it will be funner than GTA4 was with the amount of interactivity they are putting in the game.

I think it's just PS3/360.
Damn.

The trailer I watched had some bad frame rate problems so I was hoping when it's released on the PC my overpowered computer would smooth it out.

Looked great though.

I just watched the gameplay trailer as well and this game has definitely moved up to the must buy list.

Looks more appealing to me than CoJ series. I have both CoJ games and while I think it is decent I don't really care for the heavily scripted nature of it and a more open world Western game is more appealing to me.

Looks more appealing to me than CoJ series. I have both CoJ games and while I think it is decent I don't really care for the heavily scripted nature of it and a more open world Western game is more appealing to me.

The Western genre of games is really hurting to have some better games in it than the CoJ series. Even Gun was more fun to play in some respects than either CoJ game IMO.

I'm all for this on day one on the PS3 especially if I find out the PC version is 6 or more months off from the PS3 and 360 versions. I simply refuse to wait that long.

The new trailer is amazing. I have been waiting for a good open world western game since the days of Outlaws on the pc.

The small details they have in the game from lassoing things to the way the muscles of the horse flex and tearing off wanted posters from a wall are very nice.

Also another awesome thing not shown in the trailer is the ecosystem.

The game has a whole ecosystem of wildlilfe that have their own AI and needs based thigns (such as feeding). They'll hutn other animals and do all sorts of things, should really help the game world feel more alive.

I hope this comes to the PC, but I do have to admit that I really didn't enjoy either of the Call of Juarez games or Gun.

I think Rockstar could make something enjoyable out of this.

I didn't particularly enjoy GTA so I'll probably skip this as the western theme doesn't appeal either.

Graphics look good though and it seems like they are putting a lot of work into it.

Pure awesomeness! I do hope it comes out for PC.

Should be a day one purchase....end of story.

The Western genre of games is really hurting to have some better games in it than the CoJ series. Even Gun was more fun to play in some respects than either CoJ game IMO.

I'm all for this on day one on the PS3 especially if I find out the PC version is 6 or more months off from the PS3 and 360 versions. I simply refuse to wait that long.

I think COJ: BiB is a blast to play, but I'm disappointed in the complete lack of support for it. It's kind of like they forgot about it the minute it was released. There have been game killing connection problems since it released, and they have yet to fix it. You get into games with terrible hosts, and the lag is unbearable. The multiplayer games are incredibly fun though. I logged in about two weeks ago on a weekend evening, and there were maybe 20 people online; which means the map pack I have is virtually useless. It's really disappointing that there is absolutely no community for it. It was really nice to be able to play a game where everyone isn't running around with a machine gun.

Personally, I just don't think there is a big market for western games like this, and the community that does accept it will be short lived.

Saw a high res vid of this the other day from a friend, looks really good actually, and I've been watching a lot of deadwood recently which makes feel well up for a gritty western game.

Saw a high res vid of this the other day from a friend, looks really good actually, and I've been watching a lot of deadwood recently which makes feel well up for a gritty western game.

Funny you mention Deadwood. I really never got into western themed games or movies until I watched that show. Now games like Bound In Blood and good western movies/shows really tickle my fancy. Red Dead Redemption looks like a day 1 purchase for me.

I love a good Western movie. Western movies are often parables for the old good vs evil theme just like Lord of the Rings is and are not literal movies about life in the old west. For example; The Magnificent Seven is a western version of The Seven Samurai. One of my favourite movies from the last few years is 'The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford'. It's a very good tale of berayal and is beautifully filmed and very well acted. Doesn't hurt that Nick Cave and Warren Ellis did the soundtrack too.

That was a great movie, excellent cinematography. I also liked the recent Appaloposa (sp).

check out this new video about Red Dead Redemption.
http://www.incgamers.com/News/20143/red-dead-redemption-gameplay-trailer

Can't wait, looks like it will have quite a bit of depth in gameplay, story, characters, and world with a lot of RPG elements. Just too bad I'll have to play it on my 360 rather than PC.

Always thought this game looked good. Now I think I will have to add it to my must buy list for sure after watching that video.

Good thing it does not come out till April, that will give me time to kick my MW2 habit and play Assassins Creed 2 before this comes out haha.

That was a great movie, excellent cinematography. I also liked the recent Appaloposa (sp).

Yea, that's not bad too and just bought a used copy from Blockbuster 2 weeks ago but it's not on the same level as The Assassination of Jesse James. Some may find the Jesse James too artsy and slow though so if it's more traditional style western action you want then Appaloosa may be a better choice.

The trailer I watched had some bad frame rate problems so I was hoping when it's released on the PC my overpowered computer would smooth it out.

I'm pretty sure the bad frame rate was from that stream and doesn't reflect how the game actually runs on consoles. Rockstar's GTA 4 PC port left a lot to be desired.

so does anyone know for sure if this will be out on the pc ever?

The trailers for this game look amazing!

so does anyone know for sure if this will be out on the pc ever?

The trailers for this game look amazing!

Currently it is not coming to the PC, but if they follow what they have done previously with the GTA series, it'll be a ~6 months delay.

Back