Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer and release

LOL that is some funny stuff like that perfect Lasso going over the neck of that black horse and riding on a train looks alot like a Rockstar game.

PC is out as far as I know it was rumored a few months back think this is just going to be a console game for the first year anyway and PC maybe later.

Its Rockstar. Despite their PC roots, at best it will 1-2 years before they release the PC version.

At this point I've given up on a PC release. I just want 1080p/60 on the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. If they can do that, that's what I was gunning for on the PC anyway.

I'm sure I'm alone on this one but I'm not hyped for this AT ALL. This trailer, honestly, sucks ass and is more confusing than anything. Graphics don't look that great. Game play is non-existent here.

Yeah, I'm just not convinced. Other than having a new open world to play around in I'm not seeing much to get excited about. Hell, considering how much of a step back GTA 5 was from GTA 4 in the "it's fun to fuck around and the physics and tiny details are awesome" I'd bet money that this one won't even be as fun as the first.

I know this is the unpopular opinion but so far RDR2 isn't doing it for me at all.

Im stoked, but only because I never got to finish RDR before my PS3 took its last breath, and gave me the YLOD.

I agree that we need to see actual gameplay footage. That's where it's at ultimately.

Of course caution against overhype but honestly? Given Rockstar's pedigree it's going to take something pretty shocking and disasterous for this to not be at LEAST a "good to very good" game.

My guess is it will be on GOTY shortlists for a lot of us IF it lives up to billing and pedigree.

I do admit a bias: For me the first Red Dead Redemption was one of the best games I've played of that entire era and arguably still is, pound for pound. Everything just worked perfectly. Offline...online... I loved everything about it.

As good as GTA 5 is on its own merits, Rockstar peaked on RDR 1 for me to this day and I dare them flat out to meet or exceed that standard on this.

And for cryin' out loud bring it to the PC in a relatively timely manner.

The extra missions included in the Special and Ultimate editions will not be made available for owners of the Standard edition. This is what happens when kids whine about their special edition not being special...

Special Edition for PS4 Pro it is then. Been waiting 8 years for this game.

$20 more than standard edition is nothing for what's likely to be the best game in years and those to come, least until Cyberpunk.

Though in all likelihood these two extra missions will take about 10min each and basically be meaningless. So in a way they're kind of antagozing standard edition buyers, and probably leaving the buyers of the more expwnsive editions wondering why they bothered.

Ultimately this minutiae is just a distraction and won't detract from my enjoyment of the main game, no matter how much the internet tries to make mountain out of molehill.

Last edited:
Been watching some of the coverage on youtube trickle the last couple weeks. Not one to preorder games, but did preorder the special edition. Game is looking very good from all the small gameplay videos releases.

I. Can't. Wait. Can't stress that enough. I'm blowing through my backlog like a madman right now to make room for this.

I. Can't. Wait. Can't stress that enough. I'm blowing through my backlog like a madman right now to make room for this.

Same here! just finished Spiderman, now finishing up Mad Max, and Arkham Aslyum.

Outside of the original trailer I haven't watched anything about the game, so I'll be heading in blind. It's not like I don't know what I'm in for. I just hope it lives up to the original.

The pre-load apparently begins tomorrow. Considering the size of this game, it's probably wise to get it early. I'd imagine the servers will be pretty bogged down on the 26th.

Supposedly the physical game is two discs according to some reports, which is what I'm getting. 90GB is large for sure, but to be expected for a game of this scope.

Supposedly the physical game is two discs according to some reports, which is what I'm getting. 90GB is large for sure, but to be expected for a game of this scope.
It's 105GB on PS4, 90GB on Xbox One from what I've read. I wonder why the difference in size between the two?

It's 105GB on PS4, 90GB on Xbox One from what I've read. I wonder why the difference in size between the two?

Some reports have stated that it could be some extra textures or something like that.

Could be that the PS4's extra content DLC is actually on the disk/download. It happens more than devs would like to admit.

Some reports have stated that it could be some extra textures or something like that.

Can't wait to start reading about the rumors of the data differences. Not to say you are not correct, just the whole console battle fanboyism.

Can't wait to start reading about the rumors of the data differences. Not to say you are not correct, just the whole console battle fanboyism.

I'm honestly going to avoid forums and all the publicity crap when the game comes out, for the reasons you stated specifically, people go full potato. I'm all for discussing differences (in a civilized manner of course, because we're all adults, I'd like to think), but once the game comes out, I'm going head first and making my own opinions and impressions regarding the game's graphics, gameplay, story, etc. Outside of coming on here to talk about initial first impressions, I won't really say much more until the entire game has been beaten. That's just my mentality and style though.

I fully expect Sony to have the better version, but I prefer the Xbox controller. I'm also hopeful that any performance issues will be lessened by the Xbox One X's beefier hardware. I suppose I also like knowing that my TV's colors and whatnot are also calibrated better for the Xbox One, too. With the PS4, it's just an assumption and a guess.
If there are legit differences in the game, I'd be shocked if Sony didn't get the nod thanks to their deal.

I fully expect Sony to have the better version, but I prefer the Xbox controller. I'm also hopeful that any performance issues will be lessened by the Xbox One X's beefier hardware. I suppose I also like knowing that my TV's colors and whatnot are also calibrated better for the Xbox One, too. With the PS4, it's just an assumption and a guess.
If there are legit differences in the game, I'd be shocked if Sony didn't get the nod thanks to their deal.

Could go any way really, but from what I've read the One X will run in actual 4K, whereas the Pro will run in 1920x2160, which is...close enough I suppose. The people that have played have noted that there are basically zero framerate drops and the performance is incredibly consistent, which is great to hear.

I own both consoles, but I ended up pre-ordering the PS4 Special Edition, mostly because I prefer the controller, and it'll still look great regardless, on the OLED.

This is only like the 3rd game I've bought for the Xbox One X (although one is the also massive Gears 4), so I've luckily got space to spare. If I ever start running low, uninstalling Gears 4 will make room for like 4 normal sized games.

I wasn't going to buy this on launch but fuck it, in for a PS4 copy. The 100+ GB install size worries me, though, as I have a 500 GB SSD in there currently. Should be okay...

Great you're buying it, but I thought you had the Pro!?

Great you're buying it, but I thought you had the Pro!?

I do, yeah. I put in an SSD for Monster Hunter because the load times were sooooo slow. Couldn't justify spending the money on a 1 TB.

I should have enough space, I only have a few games on there that I have played and I can get rid of the data for older games that I finished already.

Ok so who is going to be a gentleman or go full on dick-head on a murder rampage? I will be try being nice....but will usually end up playing in between.

Ok so who is going to be a gentleman or go full on dick-head on a murder rampage? I will be try being nice....but will usually end up playing in between.

I usually play these type of games....more or less as a psychopathic weirdo with an accent

I think some part of me wants to be a dick, but outside of KOTOR, I've always just been a run-of-the-mill person in these worlds. Even in GTA V, I've never gone on a rampage and started blowing shit up. I just want to really experience the world, and if that means occasionally being a dick to get the most out of the story, well that's what'll have to happen!

I wasn't going to buy this on launch but fuck it, in for a PS4 copy. The 100+ GB install size worries me, though, as I have a 500 GB SSD in there currently. Should be okay...
I have an 8TB external, so I'm good. Embarrasingly, my PC has the least amount of storage between it, the PS4 and Xbox.
I think some part of me wants to be a dick, but outside of KOTOR, I've always just been a run-of-the-mill person in these worlds. Even in GTA V, I've never gone on a rampage and started blowing shit up. I just want to really experience the world, and if that means occasionally being a dick to get the most out of the story, well that's what'll have to happen!
I have to work really hard to be a dick in a game. I'm too nice of a person.

I have an 8TB external, so I'm good. Embarrasingly, my PC has the least amount of storage between it, the PS4 and Xbox.

I have to work really hard to be a dick in a game. I'm too nice of a person.

In KOTOR? It was so satisfying being an asshole for some reason: *random conversation about xyz*....Me: ...*ridiculous response like "time to die!"*....NPC: "Wait what!?" *dies*.

Back