Red Dead Redemption 2 Legends of the West

I wouldn't hold my breath on a port. If anything they should port the first before any other

I really hope there is some truth to this and the game is released only on the current gen. Waiting on RDR to be made backwards compatible so that I can play it again since I sold my 360.

It would be RDR3, not 2.

Red Dead Revolver came before Red Dead Redemption.

It would be RDR3, not 2.

Red Dead Revolver came before Red Dead Redemption.

Um... no... It would be Red Dead Redemption 2 because it would be a sequel to Red Dead Redemption and not a sequel to Red Dead Revolver. It would be a sequel to the second game. Red Dead Redemption's story had nothing to do with Revolver so why call it 3? That would confuse the hell out of people. You can't have a 3 in any trilogy if they weren't all numbered to begin with.

Um... no... It would be Red Dead Redemption 2 because it would be a sequel to Red Dead Redemption and not a sequel to Red Dead Revolver. It would be a sequel to the second game. Red Dead Redemption's story had nothing to do with Revolver so why call it 3? That would confuse the hell out of people. You can't have a 3 in any trilogy if they weren't all numbered to begin with.

I doubt very much that R* will do a direct sequel to RDR.

it won't be called RDR2, but "Red Dead (insert word that starts with R)"

red_dead_fry_by_tydanubus-d57wcmb.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWEhHOJJa3Y

If there's one thing I learned about "leaks" it's that Christian Today is a pile of clickbait crap. I don't doubt Rockstar will release another Red Dead, but i'd take CT with a grain of salt.

Perhaps Rockstar will also see the decent PC sales it received from GTA V and release a PC version for us straight off the bat?

And GTA IV is two GTA games after GTAIII.

It's like who's line is it anyways. The numbers don't matter.

This is pretty cool, I liked that game. Actually, it's the only remaining game I have for my PS3. I have a PS4 and I've kept my 3 because as of yet the 4 can't play MP4 or Avi video files off of USB drives. I also never beat RDR1 and was just thinking about going back and finishing it.

Usually Rockstar really keeps their games under wraps so you don't hear about it months till release kinda like GTA 5.

I think it would be cool if they implemented your inventory stash as a transportation coach, like they used to do in those days. Surely you can't carry 150 items on you in real life, let alone in the 1800s. :)

It could be:
(A) invaded by outlaws and you must defend it or else you lose a lot of your stuff.
(B)upgraded
More storage, faster travel speeds, more defense, less chance of losing stuff, etc...
(C) Have it settled at a safe zone that you've found(Just unlatch it from your horse and you're done.)
And when you move on through your leveling or zones, you take it with you.

It would open up and be an interesting addition as a realistic and adventurous concept to the open world platform.

Last edited:
The first game was the absolute best game of last "gen" across console or PC for me. Amazing, amazing game. People who never played it have missed out on one of the greatest.

Do Red Dead in 1900s Africa. It would be brilliant.

Pre WWI? That wouldn't be too bad an idea. Not a fan of the Rockstar style, but they are pretty good storytellers, almost on par with pre-EA BioWare. Max Payne 3 was enjoyable for the story, if anything.

The first game was the absolute best game of last "gen" across console or PC for me. Amazing, amazing game. People who never played it have missed out on one of the greatest.

This. I haven't sold my 360 yet because of RDR and the zombie expansion. I guess I never will.

this may give me motivation to fire up my console. They have been collecting dust for years

They had a similar delay with GTA V, didn't they? That turned out great. Take your time, Rockstar. :)

Yeah, I don't see how people thought this would be a fall release. Only a few months to market it? Hell no.
Take your time Rockstar! We can wait.

The game looks amazing, I loved RDR so much that I played it again when they made XBOXONE backwards compatible with it.

still no mention of a PC release o_O

You know we're likely going to get the usual Rockstar BS routine on this. At best it will be like the way GTA5 was handled.

I still think it's a crime the first RDR never made it to the PC.

Guess I will just buy this on PS4, since a PC port seems unlikely, or at least not any time soon after the console release.

Guess I will just buy this on PS4, since a PC port seems unlikely, or at least not any time soon after the console release.

I'd bet we'll see a PC release way down the road like they did with GTA5. They have made a killing off GTA5 for PC, so I really doubt they'll keep RDR2 off the platform. Unfortunately, if it's a similar delay, we're looking at Summer 2019.

I think I'm going to end up upgrading my ps4 to a pro for this game. I know XboneX will likely have better visuals/performance, but all the exclusives that I care about are on PS4.

*snip*

Safe bet: XB1 and PS4.... PC to sometime in 2019 (I can't believe they would skip it again.) We'll see.

It would make even more sense to port the first game over before releasing the second. Sick the marketing hounds on it as being a HD or 4K remaster, they'll love it. IMHO though, it will probably once again be sort of like the Beastie Boys compilation album, Some of the same Old Bullshit.

EDIT: If R* were wise and did release RDR1 on PC at the right price, I'd probably even bite. Case in point. Heh...

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Back