Recommend me an UPS

Eliminator

n00b
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
61
I just want the computer to run for 5 minutes if possible once the power goes off. My PC power supply is 535W and my monitor is 80W. So do I need one capable of at least 650W? Main reason I want it is for clean power.
 
wow they r expensive lol

screw that -_-

if i ever got power backup it would be a propane generator that automatically turns on when power is off and it supplies power to the WHOLE house -_-
 
Buy one. is it really worth a dead computer for saving a bit of cash?
 
davidhammock200 said:
Google/Froogle for much lower prices.

lol i put that i want it up for 8 hours of battery life..1900 bucks hehe
 
I've got a cheap Belkin Enterprise 1100VA, which after 5 minutes is only down to 70% battery. It's saved me during a few brown outs, and outages.
 
The best bang for your buck with a UPS that I've ever seen is a Tripplite 1000VA unit. Costco sells them for $99. I have three and they have not left me down once.
 
Eliminator said:
I just want the computer to run for 5 minutes if possible once the power goes off. My PC power supply is 535W and my monitor is 80W. So do I need one capable of at least 650W? Main reason I want it is for clean power.

You probably aren't going to need that much power. What is your price range here?
 
Back
Top