Recommend me a very large PC case

rigurat

Limp Gawd
I've outgrown my Antec P180 case which has served me for about 8 years. I have a lot of drives and populated all PCIe slots and I need more space.

I need a really large case for a lot of drives and space for cables. I'm looking into the Mountain Mods case or the very large Lian Li cases.

I'd like to hear what other cases you have in mind. I'm not into the bling and flashy lights so OK with me if without window on the side.

I love my Mountain Mods Ascention. You get tons of space and you can add additional cases or pedestals to expand. I'll have to post a pic when I get home.

They are expensive though.

Thanks guys, those are all very good suggestions, I'll study those cases.

Here's an old pic of my setup. Since then I've added another video card, sound card, USB 3 card, and 7 drives. So now it's even more crowded than what you see here:

DSCN1822.jpg

As you can see, I need a lot of space, with more potential for expansion.

I'm looking into something wide like these:

d600-main.png

PC-D8000-main.jpg

If other cases similar to these exist, I'd like to know about them.

Last edited:
Fractal Design: Define XL R2

Full tower, intake filters, noise padding, can fit 280mm rad on top, movable/removable HDD bays, and at a price point that almost anybody can afford. Warning: Pay attention to dimensions, it's larger than it looks in the pictures, and is quite heavy.

Great suggestions, thanks guys, I'm currently imagining how my system would work in each of those. Thanks for the input!

i have been asking around for cases to a quad Opteron build using a supermicro SWTX mobo. The cheapest HPTX case is the Rosewill Blackhawk-Ultra

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
So far I like the Caselabs selection. I like the idea of having a double wide case. The wide Lian Li case is good too, and I also like Mountain Mods.

I'm not into the lights and bling so It's prefered a case with no side window. I also value silence, so It's OK if the case is made of steel and is very heavy, I plan to line the case with acoustic foam.

Just adding the Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra has at least 3 clones from the same OEM under other brands:
Aerocool Stryke X ST
Enermax Fulmo GT
Xygmatek Elysium

Does anyone know of other clones of this case?

Back