• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recommend me a Modular PSU for my needs

Shivers

n00b
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
51
Hi

Building a gaming rig, And need a few reccomendations on a modular psu that will fit my needs. Its going in a Antec 900 and i suck at cable management so i'd prefer modular for that reason mainly lol. System below:-

Q6600 Oc'd to 3.4ghz
4gb DDR2 Ram
P35 Mobo
Either 8800GT or 8800GTX (just anything that will take a single gtx)
Single sata 250gb hdd
Dvd Writer
Audigy 2 ZS
4 Case Fans

Thanks.
 
Thanks, I already actually have a Antec Neo HE 430 in my current system, if i went with a 8800GT would this be enough to power the whole thing or would i need to get a Corsair 520?
 
Should be enough I guess. It does have 32A on the +12V rail.
 
The 520w has 50A tho doesnt it? I guess if i get that then it would give a bigger chance of being future proof when i step up for a 9800 card.
 
The 520HX has 40A. I think you're thinking of the 620HX which has 50A.

Going up to either PSU would give you plently of room for upgrades.
 
Back
Top