Recommend a Quiet/Reliable 650W Power Supple

Detox11

n00b
Looking to add a 650W power supply to my new Ivy Bridge setup, in a previous thread we've already determined this is more than enough power for what I need.

Please recommend a quiet and reliable 650W power supply.

Many thanks,

Detox

I have to recomend the cooler master silent pro m series. I have an 850 and Its an amazing power supply

700w = 109.99

I have to recomend the cooler master silent pro m series. I have an 850 and Its an amazing power supply

700w = 109.99

Actually, I do not really recommend it as its +12V rail is on the weak side for a 700W PSU. In fact, it has less capacity on the +12V rail than many good 650W PSUs.

Actually, I do not really recommend it as its +12V rail is on the weak side for a 700W PSU. In fact, it has less capacity on the +12V rail than many good 650W PSUs.

Listen to him. Sounds like he knows more. lol ;)

My vote goes to the corsair PSU's. Great reliability and top notch components. Go for the HX650 or if you want to splurge get the AX650. Either one will provide reliable stable power for years to come.

What about cooler master silent pro m2 psus?
Are they good?
Cuz I heard they're very silent.
The 720w seems interesting, 80+ Bronze certified (according to cooler master) though not listed in 80+ website as certified. I don''t know why.

What about cooler master silent pro m2 psus?
Are they good?
There hasn't been any proper reviews of that PSU line yet AFAIK. However from one of those improper PSU reviews, they do appear to be based on the same Enhance platform as the Silverstone Strider Plus PSUs. So they have a good chance of being good if Coolermaster didn't downgrade any of the components and/or upgraded some of the components.
The 720w seems interesting, 80+ Bronze certified (according to cooler master) though not listed in 80+ website as certified. I don''t know why.
Again, as I said in your other thread, do not worry about the 80+ certification:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/10/04/80_plus_irrelevant_to_you_when_buying_psu/

In other words, they mean little to nothing.

Back