• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recommend a cheap psu for this system

note235

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 23, 2005
Messages
5,055
A good cheap psu for this system

C2D e6400 at 3GHz
2sticks of DDR2 667
Gigabyte DS3
Geforce 8800GTS
80GB SATA2

thanks and the cheapest you can get that is good
 
Enhance ENS-5150GH ($69 at ewiz.com)
XClio Goodpower 500 ($50 or so at newegg)
Sunbeam Nuuo 550
 
Why do you want cheap PSU for such good components? IMHO it doesn't make sense to spend a lot of money on 8800GTS and then go for cheap PSU. I would recommend Silverstone element 500W Plus for that rig. It's not cheap, but not expensive either, and it's great PSU (very powerful - over 430W on combined 12V rails, stable and very quiet).
 
well i would rather spend that money on like ram or something

but is the xclio good?
 
you dont wanna buy cheap psu to fry your components man,you have an 8800gts also
get a good psu son
 
Xclio has decent components in their PSUs, but nothing compared to Corsair, Enermax, or Seasonic. They also aren't very well known (I had never heard of them until recently).

If somebody hasn't already told you this, I will.

*Your PSU is the MOST important component in your computer.*

I'd go with a Corsair HX520W from buy.com; $95 shipped I think?
 
The PSU is the driving force behind your PC, it does not make sense to cheap out on it if you have good parts. Especially if you want to OC.

I would recommendt he Corsair 520HX, really one of the best PSUs out there. Check around though as Newegg tends to be higher than places like ZipZoomFly on it for some reason.
 
Back
Top