Recent AMD RMA

Wiggleplum

n00b
Joined
Mar 21, 2013
Messages
7
Hey guys,

New to the forum, but I have been lurking off and on for a while now. I recently had an AMD Phenom 2 x2 555BE go bad, and went through the RMA process. Got an email today saying it passed V/M, and that my replacement will be sent out soon. I know this processor has been discontinued for a while, but do any of you have any ideas or guesses what I am going to receive?

Just curious what I can maybe expect.

Thanks
 
Probably the same thing. I'm sure they keep some stock of older CPUs around. Places like Newegg get piles of refurb/used CPUs in every so often.
 
I would have to agree with ironwolf, the only thing I know happens from time to time is that shipping messes up and they send you 2 of same item >.>
 
I agree with the other guys. Amd probably has the same processor in stock. You will get the same item i believe.
 
If they have the same processor in their stock, you are going to receive the same processor. Otherwise an auto-upgradation.
You can understand what happened only after receiving it.
 
Hey guys,

New to the forum, but I have been lurking off and on for a while now. I recently had an AMD Phenom 2 x2 555BE go bad, and went through the RMA process. Got an email today saying it passed V/M, and that my replacement will be sent out soon. I know this processor has been discontinued for a while, but do any of you have any ideas or guesses what I am going to receive?

Just curious what I can maybe expect.

Thanks

Hey!

So, it has been a while since you posted this but I am curious to know what you got out of it :p

I recently sent my AMD X6 1055T to AMD for an RMA which was 2 weeks ago. So i'd like to know what you got from AMD ^_^
 
Wow, i thought CPUs are virtually immortal. How do you manage to RMA them? Extreme overvolting? I 've stressed my 1090T for 2 years now, in constant video encoding almost 24h a day, 365 days a year, including summers with 32C ambient at stock speed and hasn't blinked.

Confess your sins! Do you torture your CPU? Do you brutalize it?
 
Hey!

So, it has been a while since you posted this but I am curious to know what you got out of it :p

I recently sent my AMD X6 1055T to AMD for an RMA which was 2 weeks ago. So i'd like to know what you got from AMD ^_^

According to his only other posts he received a Phenom II x2 560BE
 
Back
Top