reccommend a cooler!

TheSteal

Limp Gawd
I need a cooler for my 2600k but the cooler needs to fit without interfering with my corsair vengeance ram. which one would you guys recommend. I'd like to reach an OC in the 4.2 to 4.5 range.

You'll be getting at least 4.5 out of that 2600k, and that's considered a mild overclock on that CPU. You should be able to hit 4.7 no problem.

When buying RAM, I went with some G.Skills because I thought there would be the same issue you are thinking of having with your Dominators (which is why I strayed from them) because I thought it might interfere with my HSF. If you're running a 2x4GB kit of Doms, you should be good with a CM Hyper 212+ which retails for only 30 bucks. Unless you're running a 4x2 kit, in which case, you might have a problem.

Why not a Corsair H80/H100. Steep in price, but definitely keeps clear of the RAM and good for OCing.

Yep, I have to co-sign on the Corsair Hxx recommendations!

I recommend H80/H100 too...

If you want to save some money, a H50 in push-pull mode can give you some OK cooling as well, but not quite to the same level. benefit is, one of the two fans you'll want and the radiator are only $49.99

Zarathustra[H];1037564849 said:
Haha. That thing has had surprisingly high demand considering its design not fitting all cases.

Yeah, I wish they made a 360 mm one just so it'd be in stock :( (The 360mm one would be what I'd buy)

I went for the 212+ it can keep cool at a moderate OC and my wallet wasn't scraped clean :)

I like the Antec 620 cooler on my 2600k. It is ultra quiet and performs quite well.

If you want to save money and not go with a sealed water system, the Thermalright Macho HR02 is a monster of a cooler that takes quiet 140mm fans and only costs $39.99

Just make sure you have room in your case :eek:

13093076611gND1FuyVG_1_2.jpg

I second the Macho HR02. Its also supposed to hit retail availability in the US in the next week or 2. Its got top of the line performance for an air cooler and a bottom-rung price at $40:)

People seem to be very keen on the H80/H100, making me wanting to upgrade my hyper 212+...

Zarathustra[H];1037582985 said:
If you want to save money and not go with a sealed water system, the Thermalright Macho HR02 is a monster of a cooler that takes quiet 140mm fans and only costs $39.99

Just make sure you have room in your case :eek:

That's why the H70/80/100 keeps being suggested. He's concerned about a large cooler interfering with his RAM.

Back