Reccomended socket 939 motherboard.

Volucris

Gawd
I don't plan on overclocking much at all. I just really would like to know, what's a good stable socket 939 board with lots of features and a pci-express slot. Possily SLI. I thought about an Abit KN8 Ultra. I just need some experienced opinions.

JetWay A210GDMS-Pro Socket 939 ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

or if you dont want to spend the money on sli you can get an asus a8n-e samething as the a8n-sli but with the nforce 4 ultra chipset instead of sli chipset. i have one and its great.

munkle said:
or if you dont want to spend the money on sli you can get an asus a8n-e samething as the a8n-sli but with the nforce 4 ultra chipset instead of sli chipset. i have one and its great.

Yes it is, I sold mine to someone I work with and it's been great for him.

I need a good micro atx 939 pin board. Will not really be overclocking. using the sytem as a htpc and to play games

ALYNCH75 said:
I need a good micro atx 939 pin board. Will not really be overclocking. using the sytem as a htpc and to play games
cool, didnt hav to highjack this guy's thread :rolleyes:

N H O said:
cool, didnt hav to highjack this guy's thread :rolleyes:
Well, I'm alright with it expcept that he's after a micro atx board. I'm in the market for an ATX. I really want a solid and stable board to game on every once in a while. I looked the ASUS A8N-E up. It looks pretty poor. The reviews on Newegg were rather negative about how theirs wouldn't work out of the box. I want plug and play. I know how to tinker around and troubleshoot pretty well. I would rather not end up having to replace it. I also would like possible SLI.

Volucris said:
I'm buying the SLI version. Well, thanks for your guys help. I rather apreciate it. I wish I had became a member here earlier.
sweet man, tell us how it goes and post up pics and such :)

Is there any mATX board based on the 6150 chipset available in the US. If so can you give me the names of the boards and the link or location to purchase one. Or tell me what mATX board based on the 6100/410 is the best>... I know its alot to ask but I need some help also see the link below where can I purchase this:

go a8n from asus. anyone in the family. just get it a new chipset fan. or get the premium or a8n32. then you dont need a chipset fan.

Dont get the DFI infinity SLI one. Gigabyte has always made rock solid boards, any of there SLI ones ought to be just fine.

LawGiver said:
Dont get the DFI infinity SLI one. Gigabyte has always made rock solid boards, any of there SLI ones ought to be just fine.

I disagree. I've had nothing but problems with Gigabyte boards over the years. They are only a notch above ECS in my book.

Which boards have you used? What is your expertise with setups? Can you explian? You just can't make a statement like that without any real details or facts

From the [H]ardOCP main site:

Kyle Bennett said:
That said, this is the first Gigabyte review you have read on HardOCP in quite a while, and the reason is that this is the first “reviewable” board we have seen from Gigabyte in quite a while. By “reviewable,” I mean one that will stand up to our testing standards without turning into a 100+ hour project. We find there are many things to tinker with on many motherboards in order to get them running stable, but in the past, Gigabyte has continually delivered motherboards with severe lackluster performance.

Enough said.

Darn,,,,
I already ordered one of the Gigbyte mATX board. I didn't know it was such a poor quality company. which board what that that you got the review from and can you link me to the page. Thanks. :eek:

kirbyrj said:
From the [H]ardOCP main site:

Enough said.

not realy. My GB K8NS 939 Ultra board ran without even one flaw for 10 months. I recently sold it to get PCIe. It did 265FSB right out of the box. Flashing the bios was a snap, overclocking options were simple and to the point, and it was stable. I find it hard to believe Hocp never got a decent board from them.

abit!

the an8-sli (or fatality) is great. i havent tried the kn8, but if its anything like the other two, its most likely a solid performer as well.

PhoenixC5 said:
I have three Abit motherboards nailed to my office wall, that's about all they were good for in the end. Ran at stock speeds in well ventilated cases, and all crapped out within about a year and a half of purchasing them. Abit isn't gonna see a penny from me ever again.

Of course I am sure just about everyone and their child will have a similar story to tell about any given mobo manufacturer...

My experiences with Gigabyte have not been positive over the years. I totally understand what Kyle is saying.

I've replaced GIgapoop boards that are less than a year old, (Recently) with failing capacitors. This is simply UNACCEPTABLE.

I need a link to the mentioned review and the model number of the boards you are talking about. If its an old board from 5 years ago your analysis by be invalid as most companies learn from previous mistakes and adjust. Please provide me with some real information that I can research. :eek:

I ordered the following:

http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_Spec_GA-K8N51GMF-9.htm

I need one more board for the other machine I will hold out for the us version of the asus but in the meantime like I mentioned above I purchesed that one above. I will be putting it in an Antec Aria Case with the Zalman CNPS7000B-ALU Led cpu fan/heatsink. My question now is this..... I will be using this rig for gamming an lan parties. Someone told me that if I put the Zalman heatsink above on the cpu that it will void the cpu waranty, they also stated that if I am using it as a gamming rig for lan parties that when I take it to parties the heat sink may fall off and I would get bent pins or a un usalbe cpu. I find it hard to belive but I read it on the web in a few forums. Since Hardware OCP has more expertise with these issues can anyone here tell me if I have to worry about using the Zalman heatsink/fan for my cpu. Please help. If need be I will use the stock cpu cooler that comes with the cpu but I really like zalman products as they tend to be more efficent with cooling and noise control.

ALYNCH75 said:
Darn,,,,
I already ordered one of the Gigbyte mATX board. I didn't know it was such a poor quality company. which board what that that you got the review from and can you link me to the page. Thanks. :eek:

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NzQ0

That's where the quote comes from.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've gotten boards from "crap" companies and they run fine, and I have had "crap" boards from supposedly great mobo manufacturers. All depends on the individual board I guess. Gigabyte just doesn't "extreme" OC well compared to other brands.

Back