Rebel Galaxy

Each station decides what contraband it allows or denies. Some won't deal in any of it, some deal in all of it. However having any of it will get the militia mad at you, if they notice you have it.

Hmm, I may have to slaughter every single last one of those dirty militia bastards. How dare they confuse my feeble mind!
Soy Paste is people

Hmm, I may have to slaughter every single last one of those dirty militia bastards. How dare they confuse my feeble mind!
Soy Paste is people

You can always buy a smugglers hold and then they cant scan what's in your hold.

Think I will pick this up tonight. I have beaten GTA, The Witcher 3 (New Game + doesn't do it for me) and cant for the life me find something to play.

people should know that the Entire game folder is only 2gb.....not saying the game sucks but it explains the price to a point

You can always buy a smugglers hold and then they cant scan what's in your hold.

Where is this at? I'm at rank 7 with the Merchant's Guild and since I started I've been looking for that damn thing. I currently have the second-biggest guild cargo upgrade.

... Since when do we judge the quality of a game based on its size on disk? :confused: :rolleyes:

He said that's not what he was doing, but to be honest, I have no idea what the point of his post was, lol. Terraria is like 99MB.

So, what's the weapon setup you guys use? Right now, with Mk2 weapons and without progressing the story (I'm grinding for that 1,3 mill heavy frigate), I'm loving the beams... using MK.2 ion turret and 3 particle beams. All those command vessels just die fast.

And I can't learn the secondary flak turrets operations... when the enemy launches missiles, I press the "X" on the pad, but turret fires somewhere behind and doesn't even lock on missiles. Any tips for it? Or should I just get rid of it and either buy dumbfire heavy rockets for capitals or heatseekers for fighters?

Where is this at? I'm at rank 7 with the Merchant's Guild and since I started I've been looking for that damn thing. I currently have the second-biggest guild cargo upgrade.

Oh, I didn't know it was so rare. I saw it at a station when I bought the Icarus but unfortunately I didn't make a note of which station it was.

So, what's the weapon setup you guys use? Right now, with Mk2 weapons and without progressing the story (I'm grinding for that 1,3 mill heavy frigate), I'm loving the beams... using MK.2 ion turret and 3 particle beams. All those command vessels just die fast.

And I can't learn the secondary flak turrets operations... when the enemy launches missiles, I press the "X" on the pad, but turret fires somewhere behind and doesn't even lock on missiles. Any tips for it? Or should I just get rid of it and either buy dumbfire heavy rockets for capitals or heatseekers for fighters?

You can set what targets the turrets are allowed to shot at in your tactical menu ... a must for the swarm turrets.

Beat this the other day at 59M net worth in a Blackgate. Had a really good time with it, definitely worth $20. One of the few single-player games I've actually "finished". Pretty sad it's over to be honest, but it makes me want to try out a bunch of other space games.

Has anyone gone in on a second playthrough and supported the pirates this time?

Finding out that the Torchlight guys made this game + the auto aim turned me off this game.

Finding out that the Torchlight guys made this game + the auto aim turned me off this game.

First of all, Torchlight is a National Treasure sir

Second, yeah auto-aim is annoying. But I originally went into this game thinking the combat would be much more 'open' feeling. As soon as I started treating this game as it is, it becomes somewhat addicting.

So I found an umarked asteroid field with some huge asteroids... and they gave me 8 Face of Gozu. Very nice stuff if you find them. ~50k each.

I have my zoom at max from menu and its still not enough...need 400% zoom

I really am enjoying this game. At first I was disappointed by the warp issues, at least I thought they were warp issues anyway. Who would've thought you actually had to steer a space ship? :eek: Now that I look out for nebulas and what not I hardly ever drop out of warp and have been enjoying the game so much more!

First of all, Torchlight is a National Treasure sir

Second, yeah auto-aim is annoying. But I originally went into this game thinking the combat would be much more 'open' feeling. As soon as I started treating this game as it is, it becomes somewhat addicting.

I never played the original but Torchlight 2 was not well thought out. I put vampiric gems in my ranged weapons and it turned Elite difficulty from "meh" into "ZZZzzz..."

I never played the original but Torchlight 2 was not well thought out. I put vampiric gems in my ranged weapons and it turned Elite difficulty from "meh" into "ZZZzzz..."

Not trying to take up for the Torchlight 2 developers, but you can mod the game to whatever difficulty you want. There is a complete mod for it called SynergiesMOD. It is unforgiving and adds new classes. Instead of DLCing us to death, the developers gave the community the tools to transform the game into whatever they wanted. I think that's the most generous gift of all.

Finally gave this game a whirl....

It's a solid, polished, absent-minded good time!

Def recommend.

Picked this up on the sale, ate the better part of the weekend.

It's certainly lived up to my Wing Commander: Privateer + Serenity expectations.

Wide but not very deep. But it absolutely hits the same mark as FTL did in that is plays pretty much exactly how you remember games in the 90's playing (ie. far better than those games ever played, lots of good memories running endless missions in privateer, but you tend to forget the hours making 7 copies of autoexec.bat and config.sys trying to tetris your sound card driver, video driver, mouse and joystick drivers into memory and still have enough to run the game).

Picked this up on the sale, ate the better part of the weekend.

It's certainly lived up to my Wing Commander: Privateer + Serenity expectations.

Wide but not very deep. But it absolutely hits the same mark as FTL did in that is plays pretty much exactly how you remember games in the 90's playing (ie. far better than those games ever played, lots of good memories running endless missions in privateer, but you tend to forget the hours making 7 copies of autoexec.bat and config.sys trying to tetris your sound card driver, video driver, mouse and joystick drivers into memory and still have enough to run the game).

I don't miss DOS and all that was required like you point out but the games, when working, were something to behold back then. Great memories. :D

Took a while to get into this game...but i have to say its very good. Id tried to get into E Dangerous but really just didn't learn it fast enough. I cant believe how much there is to do in this game for how small a download it is. I never drop below 75fps either...has to be the best optimized game ever created for what you see on screen.

Thread necro for a pretty great game.

It's 50% off on Steam right now. For $10, it's a can't-miss.

Back