RealTemp 2.5

unclewebb

[H]ard|Gawd
http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/

I just released a new version of RealTemp which accurately reports core temperatures for all Intel Core based CPUs.

New features include, Minimize to System Tray, CPU MHz display as well as voltage identification (VID). Any feedback would be great.

screen1cz5.jpg

very nice, works much better than coretemp reporting outrageously higher temps on my e4300 :) 15c to be exact

will check it out today, see if it's better then speedfan
Thanks

ok well this program shows my temperature 10C lower then speedfan
which one is right ?

ok well this program shows my temperature 10C lower then speedfan which one is right ?

What CPU do you have? Pretty hard to trouble shoot your problem when you provide no information.

What CPU do you have? Pretty hard to trouble shoot your problem when you provide no information.

q6600 CPU is 6 F B
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
OCZ Gold XTC PC2-6400 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-800
Antec Sonata III
ati 2600pro

real temp still reads 5 degrees lower than core temp? which one is right?

Thanks man. This thing is awesome :). Nice layout and enough information so you can quickly glance and find out the critical info.

What does 3000.1 MHZ mean?

mine's 2059.2 MHZ and swaps to 2759.3 and back again

well since it swaps back and forth, it means your power supply is unstable and cannot keep a constant clock of 3000mhz. I think you need to invest in a new psu and maybe a processor.

well since it swaps back and forth, it means your power supply is unstable and cannot keep a constant clock of 3000mhz. I think you need to invest in a new psu and maybe a processor.

My processor is new Quad 9450 and I have the Silverstone ST85ZF power supply

My processor is new Quad 9450 and I have the Silverstone ST85ZF power supply

then maybe you just need to disable speedstep or any other auto throttleing options in your bios

I found the speedstep it was on disabled
I changed it to enabled and went in windows and start up the real temp and now its 1999.9 and 2666.6

What do I do please?

It's usually C1E that needs to be disabled in the bios. The multiplier on your Q9450 is going from 8.0X to 6.0X when your computer is idle which causes the frequency to drop like it does.

Speedstep can be disables in BIOS. It lowers the multiplier when the cpu is not under load.

VE2007, if you have a CPU that's default is higher than 2.8GHz (from your posts) then you have to manually up your multiplier.

It's usually C1E that needs to be disabled in the bios. The multiplier on your Q9450 is going from 8.0X to 6.0X when your computer is idle which causes the frequency to drop like it does.

Thanks I have disabled the C1E and the Real temp is steady on 2745.4Mhz without flucuations.

Please, tell me this was an attempt at a cruel joke.

Thank you "mucho" uncleWebb for the RealTemp program, it's one fantastic cpu temp reading program for the Intel C2D cpu (both quad and duel core)

Thank you for the program of RealTemp and thank you for the "easy breezy" explanation of how to calibrate the program for super accuracy. (IMHO it's so easy to do only a moron would skip it) :rolleyes:

Calibrating the program has a tendency to do away with IMO the ole' tired complaint "my temps are different between different programs crap" because by calibrating the RealTemp program (your other program may have a hard coded incorrect TJMax #) and using it's PROCHOT tweaking ability you are accurately tweaking your cpus TJMax. (and frigg any other temp reading program).

Yeah, I said any other temp reading program, I think you can get Coretemp to read more accurately by using the "easy breezy" calibration method mentioned above, but there's no easy way to adjust the PROCHOT deal (as far as I know without the old adding and subtracting method, which IMO is super "old hat") :rolleyes:

OBTW The Enhanced Intel SpeedStep (EIST) in BIOS has to be disabled to prevent your cpu from automatically lowering it's multiplier when the cpu is at idle. (IMHO another common complaint among newbies and not too swift old hands, personally I think it's a "dynamite" power saving safety program, I think it's the "Speed Step" deal for AMD chips (Athlon) ) :confused:

An Intel explanation of EIST:
http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/reseller/asmo-na/eng/203838.htm

I just released a new version of RealTemp which accurately reports core temperatures for all Intel Core based CPUs.

Thanks for taking the time to post this over here unclewebb! It's a great, small app with no install needed. Couldn't ask for more..... unless it was GPU temps maybe.. ;):D

Couldn't ask for more..... unless

There's always users asking for more! Any suggestions? I'm planning out the next round of features and upgrades for RealTemp.

The only thing I won't add is support for AMD processors. I'll let CoreTemp handle that one. RT is only for Intel Core processors.

There's always users asking for more! Any suggestions? I'm planning out the next round of features and upgrades for RealTemp.

heh..heh.. ain't it the truth! :D Seriously, RT is a very complete/lightweight program that does just what it was designed to do. But I do like to monitor GPU temp w/logging for OC the GPU while gaming, so having to not run a seperate app just for that would be SWEEEEET.
Other than that, I can't think of anything RT really NEEDS to do it's job. Oh yeah, almost forgot, a stats "parser"/html page/display aka Everest would be one other thing maybe... That's the only thing I really like about Everest.

The only thing I won't add is support for AMD processors. I'll let CoreTemp handle that one. RT is only for Intel Core processors.

Glad I'm not running an AMD anymore then. :rolleyes:

I preferred how the old version, when minimized, would show the core temps in the taskbar instead of the icon next to the clock. No need to scroll over it, but this is a fantastic program, thanks!

so i don't get it what that thing we have to disable in BIOS for this program to show correct temp ?

I preferred how the old version, when minimized, would show the core temps in the taskbar instead of the icon next to the clock. No need to scroll over it, but this is a fantastic program, thanks!

Just open up your Realtemp.ini file and add (without the quotes of course) "TaskBar=1". that should do it!

works for me.. not sure if it is better/more accurate than core temp though.

More accurate? I think so, reading http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/docs.php
and following along in the original thread on XS http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=179044
which is getting pretty long, but the original post pretty much sums it up. But that's me, you'd have to decide that for yourself after a little reading.

Better is ALWAYS in the eye of the beholder.

Back