Really need someone here! droid1 broken

XdVeLoPeX

Gawd
I have a original Motorola Droid a855 which the screen digitizer recently (has been doign it little bit here and therer for a while) took a shit and being so frustrated i smashed it hard against my head well now i cant see anything on the screen and althought i do haove a backup saved its not up to date but thats later for now does anyone know how to :

dig thru the files to find the contacts? thats all i need dont care for any pictures or whateva!

thanks

If you get another Android phone, your contacts should be synced to your Google account and will automatically appear on your new phone.

thing is im not gonna get another expensive smart phone getting a pieoce of crap the phone im looking at is one of my relatives has i pluged my mini sd card in but can only see pictures no contacts it not an android phone i do have the files saved on my pc tho.. just dont know where to look or how!

Contacts are not going to be on the SD card. They're synced with your Google account. You'll have to enter them manually into your new phone if it's not an Android device, but they're all saved in the Contacts of the Gmail account you used on your Droid.

Also, your head? Really? You couldn't find anything else to smash the phone against? :p

May have them on your sim, but you can get them from your gmail account

use a rock next time, your phone will thank you for it. Unless you get another android phone, or used your carrier's backup tool, or saved your contacts to your SIM card (if applicable) you are SOL....

May have them on your sim, but you can get them from your gmail account

There's no SIM card on the Droid (or any other non-4G/Global Verizon phone).

The only way your contacts are on the SD card are if you exported them manually by hitting the Menu > Import/Export option while browsing your contacts. It exports them to a .vcf file in the root directory of the SD card. I doubt any feature (or non-Android) phone would recognize that format and/or be able to import the contacts from the SD card though. Your best bet would have been to use the Verizon backup assistant app that's compatible with basically any phone on their network.

The Droid 1 on Verizon is purely CDMA, so there is no SIM card to save contacts to. However on Android phones, you can export and import contacts to your SD Card by going to your contacts list and pressing the "Menu" button.

EDIT: T4rd beat me to it. :)

I am willing to bet that the OP prolly knocked a cable loose and it can open phone and easily fix it

Try visiting a Verizon Wireless official, corporate store. They have CellBrite machines where hopefully, they can hook up your broken Droid and your replacement phone and get those contacts transferred. Is your replacement phone also Verizon branded?

ok thanks for the responces but while the phone is a verizon phone it is rooted and was flashed over to metroPCS hence y i cant exchange it at motorola becase i cant do the factory reset... i dont care about the phone ill throw it out as soon as i get my contact and ya while i do see them in my gmail their OLD... like i havent synced them since i intially bought the phone and theirs so much i still need to save.. i have xfered the sd card from my phone to a samsung indulge and tryng to import contacts it didnt find anything on the sd card.. obvisouly because i never did that export thing and never synced my phones screen is like black.. the cable is probably loose but its gonna cost me 100$ to fix the phone..,, i am so freaking sad/mad dont know what to do see my green blinking light but dont know whos calling omg lol.. so ya basclly need to tell the guy go ahead and fix my screen digitizer only to save my contact then ill just tell him im not gonna pay to fx it but he can keep the phone lol

Back